Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doris Bither case

TrumanB

37 minutes ago, macqdor said:

coming from a cynic- that's to about accurate LOL

? Huh? Are you saying because you judge me a cynic since i do not believe your stories without proof you agree with my impression you are just trolling for reaction, okay then we do agree on something afterall.

Back to topic, do you have proof of to back up your claims or are you just going to insult the forum with your cop out eccuses and blaming a forum for your failures.

50 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Stories?

The topic is the 'Doris Bither case.

Try to stay on topic LOL :clap:

A junkie with mental issues,

So stop derailing by making up stories ( with zero proof) about gang raping demons.

Edited by the13bats

Has anyone seen or read of drug/alcohol abuse and or mental illness to cause the person to report things like DB made claims of?

Enough with the personal attacks and bickering please.

• Like 1

@the13bats

I'm going to try to answer your question with the preface that moderator said

Understand the parapsychology community as a whole subscribes to the theory that so-called poltergeists activity is the cause of an adolescent troubled teenager typically a female not discarnate or independent entity.  A subset of their belief (not mine) is the activity being reported is a result of disfunction e.g., inside the home.  Disfunction like drug/alcohol abuse, mental illness, physical, sexual abuse, etc.  Their list is endless.  This disfunction or strife (if you will) conjures up some mystic mind powers within the individual creating the activity in and around them.  I don't subscribe to that theory.  Based on my personal experience I can't. 

But here's the kicker. Here's what I do subscribe to. Malevolent entities or entities(energy) period exist all around us.  Their opportunists. Spiritual predators if you will who if given ample opportunity will infest(invade) a home and begin the activity known today as 'poltergeist outbreaks.'  But there's a missing link. One researchers have yet to discover or pin down.

I believe that missing link is the synergy (within) the individual(s) or the land or home itself.  

The paranormal community as a whole parapsychologists in particular are so glued to this one concept of adolescent teenager or trouble person or lifestyle that overtime  IMO has led to other theories being ignored.

Edited by macqdor

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

Understand the parapsychology community as a whole subscribes to the theory that so-called poltergeists activity is the cause of an adolescent troubled teenager typically a female not discarnate or independent entity.

1. Please don't use enlarged fonts - quite apart from having no regard for people setting their own desired font sizes that suit their screen, it also makes it impossible to easily break quotes.

2. Cite your claim that the 'parapsychology community' subscribes to that theory.  I'll be delighted to explain, at two levels, how that is completely false.

Malevolent entities or entities(energy) period exist all around us.  Their {sic} opportunists.

No, they do not exist.  See how easy it is to dismiss such claims?  If you claim otherwise, cite the very best evidence for that existence.

• Thanks 3

1. Please don't use enlarged fonts - quite apart from having no regard for people setting their own desired font sizes that suit their screen, it also makes it impossible to easily break quotes.

you have no authority here to instruct me what to do?  Such arrogance. Your profile lists you as "just a contributor."

Cite your claim that the 'parapsychology community' subscribes to that theory.  I'll be delighted to explain, at two levels, how that is completely false.

Parapsychologists Nandor Fodor and William G. Roll suggested that poltergeist activity can be explained by psychokinesis. [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychokinesis] [https://parapsych.org/articles/36/51/are_poltergeists_real.aspx]

Cite your claim that the 'parapsychology community' subscribes to that theory.  I'll be delighted to explain, at two levels, how that is completely false.

the evidence now suggests that poltergeist effects are actually caused by the living. The MMI itself may be produced by one or more individuals, often (but not always) troubled adolescents.  https://parapsych.org/articles/36/51/are_poltergeists_real.aspx

I'll be delighted to explain, at two levels, how that is completely false.

I'm all ears.  You have the floor.  I double down and stand by statement  The parapsychology community as a whole. Subscribes to the theory that "geist" activity is linked to a 'human agent.'

Part Two:

Book What is a Poltergeist?, Understanding Poltergeist Activity – Geoff Holde

Chapter 6: Poltergeist are powers of the Human Mind.

Psi.jpg

Edited by macqdor

On 3/26/2021 at 4:34 PM, macqdor said:

you have no authority here to instruct me what to do

NO, BUT I CAN ASK POLITELY THAT you DO NOT do the wrong thing (note that your text quote would not break BECAUSE you ignore polite suggestions...)

Such arrogance.

No, arrogance would be continuing to do something wrong SIMPLY TO BE 'difficult'...

Your profile lists you as "just a contributor."

Yes, unlike you I try to contribute...

They suggested it, did they?  :D :D   And that presumably was your best evidence to support your claim.  Laughable.

I'm all ears.  You have the floor.  I double down and stand by statement  The parapsychology community as a whole. Subscribes to the theory that "geist" activity is linked to a 'human agent.'

Your own example makes it clear that is false.  And why is the 'community' opinion of any significance?  Where is the scientific community, on this?  Oh that's right, parapsychology isn't part of the scientific community.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The first time I heard about this case when I was a kid. I remember going with my dad to his friend's houses where I saw a tabloid or something that had a headline claiming that a woman was being sexually assaulted by ghosts. Of course, at that point, this was an old story. I remember being terrified at the idea of ghosts attacking someone like this. After watching a lot of interviews and retelling of the story, I think mental health played a role in Doris' claims. I hate to say that as I'm certainly not trying to gaslight her, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KNash said:

The first time I heard about this case when I was a kid. I remember going with my dad to his friend's houses where I saw a tabloid or something that had a headline claiming that a woman was being sexually assaulted by ghosts. Of course, at that point, this was an old story. I remember being terrified at the idea of ghosts attacking someone like this. After watching a lot of interviews and retelling of the story, I think mental health played a role in Doris' claims. I hate to say that as I'm certainly not trying to gaslight her, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Agreed. When someone claims to be persistently rogered by ghosts / demons, it does require real proof.

• Thanks 1

Lol

Proof is a relative term. One of skeptics go to word out of many.

If proof is your reason for being here. By here i mean this community then (news flash)  You're not going to find it.

Doris Bither case to those who've studied it and especially where in the house when activity erupted.  Based on whar they saw, felt or heard far exceed what ANY scientist can ever hope to let alone experienced.  

Supernatural vs. Science? Supernatural wins!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

If proof is your reason for being here. By here i mean this community then (news flash)  You're not going to find it.

There's the News Flash - macqdor finally admits he has nothing in the way of proof or evidence, even including his own 'cases'...

We agree on something.

Based on whar they saw, felt or heard far exceed what ANY scientist can ever hope to let alone experienced.

Difference is, science shows things, tests things, properly investigates things.

You just pass on silly stories.

If the category is Fiction/Fantasy, yes.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I was going to retort your or others habitual proclivity for love of science.  SCIENCE, SCIENCE, SCIENCE, SCIENCE, SCIENCE.  What does science say? Is the most requested song I often read about here

WHERE POLTERGEIST ARE concerned.  BELOW!  My opinion of science.

LOL! 

1mzti25j0zo61.gif

Edited by macqdor
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, macqdor said:

LOL! 

{inane gif redacted}

?  That animation is about as unfaked and believable as your usual dreck.  What are you, five years old?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, macqdor said:

Lol

Proof is a relative term. One of skeptics go to word out of many.

Doris Bither case to those who've studied it and especially where in the house when activity erupted.  Based on whar they saw, felt or heard far exceed what ANY scientist can ever hope to let alone experienced.  

Concerning this 1974 case, looking for solid proof is a waste of time. Nearly 50 years later, and with the main participant deceased and the kids refusing to speak, there’s nothing really left - except an entertaining book and film.

• Like 1

@ChrLzs

Uh oh. Rule violation.No personal attacks or bickering. 

The gif IMO is fair metaphor of the science community who for reasons yet explained hold a high regards for.

My observation and analysis of the usual suspects responding to Poltergeist posts. 

• Haha 1

Concerning this 1974 case, looking for solid proof is a waste of time. Nearly 50 years later, and with the main participant deceased and the kids refusing to speak, there’s nothing really left - except an entertaining book and film.

My sentiments exactly.

Skepics or cynics actually equate closed case, no proof, etc as a reason for not having a conversation about the events being reported. 

They fear even a hypothetical discussion. 

• Haha 1

Thread Closed For Moderator Review

• The topic was locked