Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden and Autism

Autochthon1990

So full disclosure, I'm Autistic, and when I see Biden, I see a lot of familiar things. Bad with knowing social rules at times? Check. Has difficulties figuring out personal space? Check. Tends to make social gaffes? Check. Intelligent but very awkward? Oh yeah. 

Frankly, I don't think the man is demented, or in any way mentally impaired, I think he's just had High Functioning Autism since the very beginning, and in the early days of his career, not many folks had any idea what the hell that sort of thing actually was. What do you guys think?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

So full disclosure, I'm Autistic, and when I see Biden, I see a lot of familiar things. Bad with knowing social rules at times? Check. Has difficulties figuring out personal space? Check. Tends to make social gaffes? Check. Intelligent but very awkward? Oh yeah. 

Frankly, I don't think the man is demented, or in any way mentally impaired, I think he's just had High Functioning Autism since the very beginning, and in the early days of his career, not many folks had any idea what the hell that sort of thing actually was. What do you guys think?

i think they should revoke your medical license.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Quite possible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Autochthon1990 said:

It is thought that Biden's gaffes may be related to his stuttering problem. He has struggled with this speech impediment since he was a child.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/01/joe-biden-stutter-profile/602401/

He is not autistic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, The Wistman said:

Quite possible. 

If you knew about autism, you wouldn't say that.

If anything, he's less autistic than the average person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Frankly, I don't think the man is demented, or in any way mentally impaired,

Well... he has been in the public eye for decades, has lots of audio and video on file and he's never shown the kinds of gear-slipping we're seeing now.  Gaffes?  Absolutely.  In fact, he's been such a gaffe machine that people kind of accepted it because he was a likable sort.  The whole touchy feely thing, especially with little girls, is damned creepy, whatever the reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Interesting perspective. Now that you point out the autistic-like behaviors, it does seem possible that Mr. Biden is on the spectrum.
His cognitive abilities appear to be declining, as can be seen in the YouTube videos that compare his past political speeches to his present-day speeches. His behavior in stressful situations shows nervousness and confusion, unlike his younger days. The upcoming Presidential debates will make it clear whether or not his mental faculties are intact.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, and then said:

Well... he has been in the public eye for decades, has lots of audio and video on file and he's never shown the kinds of gear-slipping we're seeing now.  Gaffes?  Absolutely.  In fact, he's been such a gaffe machine that people kind of accepted it because he was a likable sort.  The whole touchy feely thing, especially with little girls, is damned creepy, whatever the reason.

Well if that makes you feel better about stumbling bumbling lost in the weeds Trump and his creepy touchy feelie stuff with Ivanka, carry on. 

• Thanks 3

I have Asperger's too. Welcome :tu:. UM often seems to end up with a higher asperger rato then the general population haha.

But to your OP. I personally do not think he has autism. I think his gaffe are more to do with his stutter and old age. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Well if that makes you feel better about stumbling bumbling lost in the weeds Trump and his creepy touchy feelie stuff with Ivanka, carry on. 

Nice try.  Just because you vehemently disagree with what Trump says, does not neutralize the fact that Biden is demonstrating real gaps in his cognitive abilities.  I'll be shocked if his handlers allow him to appear on a stage with Trump.  Either way, debates are going to harm him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

Nice try.  Just because you vehemently disagree with what Trump says, does not neutralize the fact that Biden is demonstrating real gaps in his cognitive abilities.  I'll be shocked if his handlers allow him to appear on a stage with Trump.  Either way, debates are going to harm him.

Thanks.  I just thought I'd try the same technique you have been using on the pair.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

How in what way shape or form does this thread relate to or require reference to El Trumpo? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

Nice try.  Just because you vehemently disagree with what Trump says, does not neutralize the fact that Biden is demonstrating real gaps in his cognitive abilities.  

You

Are

Supporting

Man

Who

Suggested

Drinking

Bleach

As

A

Medical

Treatment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Trump supporters questioning anyone's cognitive faculties is a real hoot.  Next they will be calling people liars.  LOL  They support a demented, senile old coot, who robs his family. LOL.  silly and gullible. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

If that is the case I have no problem with that, he will be a refreshing change to our present Coward in Chief.  Do you think he could be a Savant? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

• Like 1

Well this kind of blew up, honestly the stutter and autism combined could be a thing. I've seen Biden on TV and his interviews, and he seems perfectly coherent and about has sharp as my grandfather. Bit less worldly and he probably never ended up described as a war criminal by the council of forest wildlife p***ed off about their cousin being made into jerky, but perfectly coherent, if a bit gaffey and stuttering. If this was a new thing, I'd be concerned, but he's been like this forever so its just a quirk. 

5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

have Asperger's too. Welcome :tu:. UM often seems to end up with a higher asperger rato then the general population haha.

But to your OP. I personally do not think he has autism. I think his gaffe are more to do with his stutter and old age. 

Well thanks for the welcome, and yeah, I'm not shocked, you ought to see my discord gaming group! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, and then said:

Well... he has been in the public eye for decades, has lots of audio and video on file and he's never shown the kinds of gear-slipping we're seeing now. 

I've not noticed any gear slipping and I just saw him a week ago on the daily show. I'm going to assume your sources involve youtube videos?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, micahc said:

i think they should revoke your medical license.

Done in one. Threads over. I'll stack the chairs, micahc, you make sure the coffee's turned off. :tu:

• Haha 2