Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scammers phoning Amazon Prime customers

Eldorado

"Scammers are telephoning Amazon Prime customers in a bid to access private information and bank account details.

"While fraudsters often attempt to mimic huge, familiar companies, this is often down the route of email or text with phishing links. 

"However, the Chartered Trading Standards Institute has today warned that there has been a sharp uptick of phone calls from scammers to households, asking them to press 'one' on the keypad.

"If they are tricked into doing so, they will be taken through to a fraudster posing as a customer service representative at the e-commerce giant."

Full warning at This is Money UK: https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/beatthescammers/article-8533713/Amazon-telephone-scam-asking-press-one-keypad.html

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I've had this phone call loads of times they tell me the're ringing to let me know my amazon prime is about to expire 

Edited by Matt221
??
  • Like 3

Yup, me too. I like to play with them for a while. They love it when you sound senile. You can practically hear them drooling on the phone.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yup, me too. I like to play with them for a while. They love it when you sound senile. You can practically hear them drooling on the phone.

I tell them they can call me Chief Superintendant..

• Haha 3