Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UAE Mars probe ready for launch

Eldorado

"A Japanese H-IIA rocket carrying a United Arab Emirates Mars spacecraft has been placed on the launch pad for Monday’s scheduled liftoff for the Arab world’s first interplanetary mission, officials said.

"The launch of the orbiter – named Amal, or Hope – from Tanegashima Space Centre on a small southern Japanese island was initially scheduled for last Wednesday but was delayed due to bad weather in the region.

"Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, the provider of the H-IIA rocket, announced on Sunday that the launch would proceed at 6.58am on Monday (2158 GMT on Sunday)."

Guernsey Press: https://guernseypress.com/news/world-news/2020/07/19/japanese-rocket-carrying-uae-mars-probe-ready-for-launch/

"The UAE Is Going to Mars Today—Here's How to Watch the Historic Launch Live"

At Popular Mechanics: https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/moon-mars/a33300287/emirates-mars-mission-watch-launch-live/

Live at SpaceFlight Now: https://spaceflightnow.com/2020/07/19/h-2a-emirates-mars-mission-mission-status-center-2/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 6 months later...

UAE's 'Hope' probe to be first in trio of Mars missions

The first Arab space mission, the UAE's "Hope" probe, is expected to reach Mars' orbit on Tuesday, making it the first of three spacecraft to arrive at the Red Planet this month.

The United Arab Emirates, China and the United States all launched projects to Mars last July, taking advantage of a period when the Earth and Mars are nearest.

If succesful, the wealthy Gulf state will become the fifth nation to ever reach Mars—a venture timed to mark the 50th anniversary of the unification of the UAE—with the China mission due to become the sixth the following day.

https://phys.org/news/2021-02-uae-probe-trio-mars-missions.html

• Like 1

Hmm.. the Arab Emirates space mission ? 

Well, I guess they paid for it. But the Probe is made in America, and the launch vehicle (and launch control) is Japanese. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. the Arab Emirates space mission ? 

Well, I guess they paid for it. But the Probe is made in America, and the launch vehicle (and launch control) is Japanese. 

What's your point? 

"Operation Paperclip." the first official Army project aimed at acquiring German know-how about rocketry and technology, grew out of the  ...

18 Jul 2019 — In Operation Paperclip, German scientists were taken to the U.S. to develop military technology. That work fed ...

23 Feb 2020 — Hunters' Nazi NASA Scientists Are Based on the True Story of Operation Paperclip. The ...

~

My point is that it is misleading to call this an 'Arab' or 'UAE' mars probe. The UAE commissioned it, but they built neither the probe, nor the space rocket. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

My point is that it is misleading to call this an 'Arab' or 'UAE' mars probe. The UAE commissioned it, but they built neither the probe, nor the space rocket. 

So your point is that NASA would more accurately be rendered as NAZISA 

~

5 minutes ago, third_eye said:

So your point is that NASA would more accurately be rendered as NAZISA 

~

No. 

The Nazis never successfully entered orbit. The peak of their technology was the V2 rocket, which only went about 50 miles high when on a ballistic trajectory, or about 200 miles if fired straight up. It was therefore incapable of even a single orbital flight. 

NASA used some of their research, but developed - and then built - the rockets themselves, and controlled their launch. They also build the subsequent satellites and moon-landers etc. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

No. 

The Nazis never successfully entered orbit. The peak of their technology was the V2 rocket, which only went about 50 miles high when on a ballistic trajectory, or about 200 miles if fired straight up. It was therefore incapable of even a single orbital flight. 

NASA used some of their research, but developed - and then built - the rockets themselves, and controlled their launch. They also build the subsequent satellites and moon-landers etc. 

So your point is the NAZI rocket scientists were bad Space engineers but good Nazi missile launchers. 

:lol:

Your right hand strokes your left hand well... Very well in fact... 

~

Third_eye, please correct me if I am wrong, but  I have noticed you are always overly sensitive concerning any hint to criticism on whatever happens in E/SE-Asia.

But maybe it's just me

:mellow:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Abramelin said:

Third_eye, please correct me if I am wrong, but  I have noticed you are always overly sensitive concerning any hint to criticism on whatever happens in E/SE-Asia.

But maybe it's just me

:mellow:

I just can't let a good joke go by unmolested... 

The sensitivity is all relative... 

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well, it appears that a Chinese probe is ALSO due to arrive at Mars, at roughly the same time as the "UAE" one. 

So, if we are to believe the Space Force series, the chinese probe will immediately eat the UAE one :D

• Haha 1