Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chilling UFO encounter revisited 50 years on

26 minutes ago, Piney said:

https://www.grunge.com/222068/the-untold-truth-of-the-1969-berkshire-ufo-sighting/

A cheek swab would of done it if  they were actually advanced.

With our current CRISPR technology the whole DNA story now fails miserably. 

Yep...harvesting DNA doesn't typically require invasive procedures or painful experiments as many abductees would have you believe lol. That never made sense to me, either. Supposedly they put you through so much pain and torture for things even humans know how to do more efficiently. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

''Weirder still was the fact that Reed's mother and grandmother had switched places in the front seats of the car, with his grandmother now sitting in the driver's seat despite not knowing how to drive.''

I suspect ithe whole 'encounter' was just a trick to finally make Reed’s grandmother to learn to drive a car. Even if it was in her later years, it's never to late.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, jethrofloyd said:

''Weirder still was the fact that Reed's mother and grandmother had switched places in the front seats of the car, with his grandmother now sitting in the driver's seat despite not knowing how to drive.''

I suspect ithe whole 'encounter' was just a trick to finally make Reed’s grandmother to learn to drive a car. Even if it was in her later years, it's never to late.

This was Included in one of the new Unsolved Mysteries episodes.

Unfortunately all anecdotes with no evidence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Yep...harvesting DNA doesn't typically require invasive procedures or painful experiments as many abductees would have you believe lol. That never made sense to me, either. Supposedly they put you through so much pain and torture for things even humans know how to do more efficiently. 

Back in 1969, humans didn't know that much, which is why if those abductions really happened, I think they were humans.  But then even in 1969 the military was 20 years more advanced technologically so if it were humans it probably wasn't military.

More fake stories.  If it had been real they would admitted to being anally probed.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Piney said:

https://www.grunge.com/222068/the-untold-truth-of-the-1969-berkshire-ufo-sighting/

A cheek swab would of done it if  they were actually advanced.

With our current CRISPR technology the whole DNA story now fails miserably. 

Yep. Amazing how none (that I've heard) of the alien abduction stories from decades past line up with what we know now regarding science and technology vs. what was common knowledge then. It's almost like people were making stuff up based on current tech, ideas, and sci-fi... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I believe them. The difficulty in keeping a hoax secret across 3 generations of a family is very tough. Also the detail about the grandmother in the driving seat is an interesting part of that night for me, I'm not sure it would have occurred to hoaxes to add that to a story if it didn't really happen.

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

I believe them. The difficulty in keeping a hoax secret across 3 generations of a family is very tough. Also the detail about the grandmother in the driving seat is an interesting part of that night for me, I'm not sure it would have occurred to hoaxes to add that to a story if it didn't really happen.

There are religious hoaxes that span generations. So one involving alien contact isn't unreasonable. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Holy Betty and Barney Hill!

2 hours ago, Seti42 said:

Yep. Amazing how none (that I've heard) of the alien abduction stories from decades past line up with what we know now regarding science and technology vs. what was common knowledge then. It's almost like people were making stuff up based on current tech, ideas, and sci-fi... 

I especially enjoy the abductee stories of the sixties (well, not all were allegedly abducted back then like George Adamski) because they often give detailed descriptions of the amazing interiors of the spacecraft. For some reason, the space people were still using switches, levers, and dials back then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Also the detail about the grandmother in the driving seat is an interesting part of that night for me, I'm not sure it would have occurred to hoaxes to add that to a story if it didn't really happen.

So what... Without corroborating evidence it just someone flapping their lips,

A campfire story for kids to tell eachother among thousands of other cool stories.

Its valueless to any serious UFO investigator out there.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 3:44 PM, Seti42 said:

That is a situation known as a scriptid. People report things that have been written into scripts.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 1

Thomas is a friend of mine (I've spoken to Matt a couple times as well). I did an extensive interview with him several years ago. It was actually so long, I had to cut it way down to publish it. Of the multitude of alleged abductees I interacted with, Thom (and family) was one of three I believed something very traumatic happened to. Either he and his family did interact with ET's or they were the victims of some black program. I know that Thom was worrying about his son being abducted when I spoke to him in recent years..