Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
joc

Questions about Covid 19

367 posts in this topic

RoofGardener
3 minutes ago, joc said:

I am seriously beginning to doubt the legitimacy of this pandemic.   So, I have some questions with regards to it.  These are questions that I thought of, not questions that came off of some conspiracy website...I think for myself...I also think you all know that.  But some things aren't making sense in my head which is what has generated a list of questions.

It doesn't make sense in my head that in a world of 7+ billion people...and where only 5 months ago the doubling rate for Covid-19 was every other day in most parts of the world...that only 14 million people have been infected world wide.  

1. How is it that out of 14 million infected people, 25%  of them are in the United States.

A high percentage are in developed countries with advanced international travel networks.

2. Why aren't there millions of dead people in India?   

Wait ! 

3. Why do they count people in nursing homes who die as Covid deaths?  It would make more sense that they would NOT count them, so as not to skew an accurate count.

True... but the overall national death rates for 2020 will reveal the truth, once published. 

4. How is it that we were told from the beginning of the pandemic...before it was even a thing in the US or the rest of the world that the virus could live for several days on a surface...that the virus could be transmitted by those who don't even have any symptoms...that some people are mildly affected, while some die? 

Umm.. because all of those are true ? 

5. Why is it necessary to wear a mask that is ineffectual?  So a cloth covering keeps out 60% of extremely small particles such as a virus....How is it effectual if you are still breathing in 30% of the virus you encounter?  Are you still not infected? 

Masks don't really protect YOU.. but they DO help prevent you infecting other people. 

6. Why is the spreading of this disease so prevalent in the West?  Europe and the US specifically...but ....not so much in places like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh...where people are literally living like sardines...and in the rest of China?  Seriously...was China able to keep a billion people from working for a month and suddenly pffft...it's gone?  How is their economy still intact? 

Interesting point.. but see the earlier point about travel ? Also, it has only just STARTED spreading in India/Pakistan. As for China.. the government is lying about the deaths. 

7.  Why did the virus mysteriously go pandemic in an election year?

There are SOME sort of elections (Presidential or House) every 2 years. That's a 50/50 chance ? 

8.  How is it that they were able to produce millions and millions and millions of Covid Test Kits...but I can't buy any alcohol?   

Good point ! 

9.  Why is it that they are able to produce enough masks that everyone in America now has boxes of them...but I still can't buy alcohol?  

DAMNED good point ! 

10.  Why is it that we are wearing masks that clearly state on the box...Not for Medical Use...?

It's just a guess... a wild-assed swing at it.. but.. could it be because .... people are idiots ? 

11.  What is the scientific protocol for these test kits that people can be tested with driving thru a Walmart parking lot?  And how can they effectively confirm a virus that can only be seen through an electron microscope?

They don't detect the virus directly, but by the production of antibodies to the virus. 

Things aren't adding up in my head or I wouldn't be having all these questions obviously.

I'd recommend alcohol as the solution to your questions. Oh.. wait.... 

:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

seanjo
14 minutes ago, joc said:

I am seriously beginning to doubt the legitimacy of this pandemic.   So, I have some questions with regards to it.  These are questions that I thought of, not questions that came off of some conspiracy website...I think for myself...I also think you all know that.  But some things aren't making sense in my head which is what has generated a list of questions.

It doesn't make sense in my head that in a world of 7+ billion people...and where only 5 months ago the doubling rate for Covid-19 was every other day in most parts of the world...that only 14 million people have been infected world wide.  

1. How is it that out of 14 million infected people, 25%  of them are in the United States.

3. Why do they count people in nursing homes who die as Covid deaths?  It would make more sense that they would NOT count them, so as not to skew an accurate count.

4. How is it that we were told from the beginning of the pandemic...before it was even a thing in the US or the rest of the world that the virus could live for several days on a surface...that the virus could be transmitted by those who don't even have any symptoms...that some people are mildly affected, while some die? How could they know all of this about a novel virus?  

5. Why is it necessary to wear a mask that is ineffectual?  So a cloth covering keeps out 60% of extremely small particles such as a virus....How is it effectual if you are still breathing in 30% of the virus you encounter?  Are you still not infected? 

6. Why is the spreading of this disease so prevalent in the West?  Europe and the US specifically...but ....not so much in places like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh...where people are literally living like sardines...and in the rest of China?  Seriously...was China able to keep a billion people from working for a month and suddenly pffft...it's gone?  How is their economy still intact? 

8.  How is it that they were able to produce millions and millions and millions of Covid Test Kits...but I can't buy any alcohol?   

9.  Why is it that they are able to produce enough masks that everyone in America now has boxes of them...but I still can't buy alcohol?  

10.  Why is it that we are wearing masks that clearly state on the box...Not for Medical Use...?

11.  What is the scientific protocol for these test kits that people can be tested with driving thru a Walmart parking lot?  And how can they effectively confirm a virus that can only be seen through an electron microscope?

Things aren't adding up in my head or I wouldn't be having all these questions obviously.

India...https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-52435463

Timothy
5 minutes ago, joc said:

4. How is it that we were told from the beginning of the pandemic...before it was even a thing in the US or the rest of the world that the virus could live for several days on a surface...that the virus could be transmitted by those who don't even have any symptoms...that some people are mildly affected, while some die? 

1. Bad management of the virus and relatively high testing. It’s better than not knowing.

2. The situation in India is probably much worse due to lack of hygiene, 3rd world areas, less testing, inability to accurately work out the numbers. 

3. Depends why they died. 

4. We knew very little at that stage. So any advice was always going to be questionable. 

5. Masks are better than no masks. If you still can’t get that logic; you have bigger issues than COVID.

6. Spreading = Because Trump did nothing about it. 
And testing and reporting is more transparent in more modern democratic countries.
3rd world and otherwise would be impossible to have accurate numbers at this stage.

Etc.

But USA has royally screwed up. Trump should have been a leader rather than saying it would be gone by April. Lol.

Don’t vote for him next time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

seanjo
Just now, seanjo said:

1 minute ago, seanjo said:

4. How is it that we were told from the beginning of the pandemic...before it was even a thing in the US or the rest of the world that the virus could live for several days on a surface...that the virus could be transmitted by those who don't even have any symptoms...that some people are mildly affected, while some die? How could they know all of this about a novel virus?  

We weren't told that originally, info evolved as scientists tested the virus. Originally the Chinese and the WHO told us it couldn't be passed from person to person and it was caught by eating infected bats, that was untrue.

joc
3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

A high percentage are in developed countries with advanced international travel networks.

But isn't the exponential rate of spread the same regardless of the population?

Wait ! 

Holding my breath!

True... but the overall national death rates for 2020 will reveal the truth, once published. 

Isn't that the same thing as, we need to pass the bill to find out what's in it?

Umm.. because all of those are true ? 

Masks don't really protect YOU.. but they DO help prevent you infecting other people. 

Oh...I see, because of the 'droplets'...right?  Are masks really one way virus protectors?  In what reality does that make any sense?

Interesting point.. but see the earlier point about travel ? Also, it has only just STARTED spreading in India/Pakistan. As for China.. the government is lying about the deaths. 

Why are they lying?  Could it have anything to do with a huge increase in tariffs on imports into the United States?

There are SOME sort of elections (Presidential or House) every 2 years. That's a 50/50 chance ? 

We are talking about a virus that erupted in China...and has now virtually shut down the fastest growing economy in the history of the world...to the point I can't even buy a refrigerator???   There is only one election where Trump is going to be re-elected.

Good point ! 

Mmmm...hmmmm!

DAMNED good point ! 

Thank you...I thought so!

It's just a guess... a wild-assed swing at it.. but.. could it be because .... people are idiots ? 

Are people idiots are we all just accustomed to believing whatever the media and authority figures tell us? Sheep?

They don't detect the virus directly, but by the production of antibodies to the virus.

Then why are there so many false positives?   

I'd recommend alcohol as the solution to your questions. Oh.. wait.... 

• Like 2

Setton
16 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

@joc 

Wot e said.

• Like 1

joc
12 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions with a link to a media outlet....<_<

seanjo
5 minutes ago, joc said:

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions with a link to a media outlet....<_<

I didn't answer your question, I don't know the answer, I didn't know India has such a low death rate (which I doubt) so I did a quick search and posted a link to what I found.

joc
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Timothy said:

5. Masks are better than no masks. If you still can’t get that logic; you have bigger issues than COVID.

image.jpeg.e83d9c478b701ecf9cf907a10c7f3334.jpeg

6. Spreading = Because Trump did nothing about it. 
And testing and reporting is more transparent in more modern democratic countries.
3rd world and otherwise would be impossible to have accurate numbers at this stage.

Etc.

But USA has royally screwed up. Trump should have been a leader rather than saying it would be gone by April. Lol.

Don’t vote for him next time.

So...the virus is Trump's fault.  Baaaaaa  Baaaaaa Baaaaaaaa

Thank you for your deeper insight as  to the  question of, Why in an election year!

Will  you be following the sheep over the cliff when the October surprise comes that the Pandemic is now threatening the lives of every person on the planet...all because of Trump's ineffectual leadership?

Let's think about that for a second...

Edited by joc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

joc
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, seanjo said:

I didn't answer your question, I don't know the answer, I didn't know India has such a low death rate (which I doubt) so I did a quick search and posted a link to what I found.

Oh...okay...

the whole point of these questions though is to 'think' logically about them and not to just glom on to media factoids.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

seanjo
3 minutes ago, joc said:

Oh...okay...

the whole point of these questions though is to 'think' logically about them and not to just glom on to media factoids.

By logically you mean agree with your doubts and form some kind of conspiracy theory?

Here's logic: India isn't exactly first-world, there are millions of people in poverty that no-one cares about, the possibility that many deaths because of C19 are missed is real.

joc
24 minutes ago, seanjo said:

We weren't told that originally, info evolved as scientists tested the virus. Originally the Chinese and the WHO told us it couldn't be passed from person to person and it was caught by eating infected bats, that was untrue.

There was a lot of misinformation originally for sure.   Actually, I was told that by my sister who is an RN (registered nurse) back in February!  It wasn't even a thing in the US really at that point.

joc
Just now, seanjo said:

By logically you mean agree with your doubts and form some kind of conspiracy theory?

Here's logic: India isn't exactly first-world, there are millions of people in poverty that no-one cares about, the possibility that many deaths because of C19 are missed is real.

I don't think you can really miss millions of people dead in a few months....how does that happen?

• Like 2

CrimsonKing
40 minutes ago, joc said:

but I still can't buy alcohol

What 3rd world hell hole are you living in lol jk

Our local store shelves are loaded with it again,at the end of March thru May it was liquid gold,but not so much anymore...

One explanation could be it was being used to mass produce sanitizers,or hospitals have been being given first priority.

We had local breweries shifting up to half of their production over to hand sanitizers at one point...

If all else fails,go to the liquor store and buy you a bottle of grain alcohol like Everclear...high alcohol content and if worse comes to worse,get hammered :D :lol:

• Haha 4

seanjo
Just now, joc said:

There was a lot of misinformation originally for sure.   Actually, I was told that by my sister who is an RN (registered nurse) back in February!  It wasn't even a thing in the US really at that point.

This thing has been going on from at least November in China, probably longer. Finding if a virus survives on surfaces is pretty basic stuff.

joc
2 minutes ago, seanjo said:

These are legitimate questions.  They beg legitimate answers.  Not media spin or web links. 

• Like 2

seanjo
2 minutes ago, joc said:

I don't think you can really miss millions of people dead in a few months....how does that happen?

I never said millions dying. But in India I bet you could.

Robotic Jew
55 minutes ago, joc said:

11.  What is the scientific protocol for these test kits that people can be tested with driving thru a Walmart parking lot?  And how can they effectively confirm a virus that can only be seen through an electron microscope?   Wouldn't the only effectual test be one that used an electron microscope to actually identify said virus?

I'm confused...why can't you buy alcohol?? I've been buying it with no issue on a regular basis since this whole thing started. 

joc
6 minutes ago, seanjo said:

This thing has been going on from at least November in China, probably longer. Finding if a virus survives on surfaces is pretty basic stuff.

Then why didn't China shut it down in November?  

• Like 2

joc
1 minute ago, Robotic Jew said:

I'm confused...why can't you buy alcohol?? I've been buying it with no issue on a regular basis since this whole thing started. 

I'm talking about rubbing alcohol.  It's gone...doesn't matter where you go...no alcohol.   The shelves are all stocked with toilet paper and paper towels and masks...but no rubbing alcohol.   

• Like 2

seanjo
1 minute ago, joc said:

Then why didn't China shut it down in November?  

Eh? They tried and failed, did you miss the whole Wuhan lock down?

• Confused 1

joc
Just now, seanjo said:

Eh? They tried and failed, did you miss the whole Wuhan lock down?

No...I remember it like it was yesterday because it kind of was.

Here is the Daily Case chart for China...BAM!  Shut down in one day! pffft ...over!   I find this chart highly questionable.

101847800_chinadailycount.jpg.1148207f93fae3021f088d6a9d8694d4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

seanjo
Just now, joc said:

No...I remember it like it was yesterday because it kind of was.

Here is the Daily Case chart for China...BAM!  Shut down in one day! pffft ...over!   I find this chart highly questionable.

101847800_chinadailycount.jpg.1148207f93fae3021f088d6a9d8694d4.jpg

China's figures are not to be trusted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Robotic Jew
54 minutes ago, joc said:

I'm talking about rubbing alcohol.  It's gone...doesn't matter where you go...no alcohol.   The shelves are all stocked with toilet paper and paper towels and masks...but no rubbing alcohol.   

ooohhhh.

Probably because that's an ingredient in most sanitizing products that are in high demand right now such as hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and such. If manufacturers are having to hoard it to produce other products then there is going to be less available for public consumption.