Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Questions about Covid 19

joc

On 7/21/2020 at 11:47 PM, joc said:

What does global hotspot have to do with anything?  Exponential remember?  Doubling every 2 days...remember?  So why isn't the virus doubling any more?  And why are cases still sky rocketing?   Every country in the world was infected with the virus...even The Isle of Man!  The virus doesn't know if it is in a hotspot or not...so what does that have to do with cases doubling every 2 days?   We were told if we didn't stay home the exponential rate would be in the millions of deaths.  So  we stayed home...like good little sheep.  And wallah...it leveled off somewhat...

So...did everyone in India stay home?  Why aren't there millions and millions of dead people in India?

Ever been to India? Amazing place. There might be millions dead. There might not be. I was there for quite a while. I can tell you I have no idea if I am right. It's such a different place. But I gathered that if people were sick and died that the neighborhood would take care  of them and offer them a proper passing, possibly without telling officials.

Hot spots are what we see. The virus is not intelligent. It has no goal or purpose. It reproduces. Hot spots are a human construct.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 11:52 PM, joc said:

Antibodies are antibodies...the body doesn't know what virus it is fighting...so how do we know that someone has a mild case of the flu and not Covid 19?  What is the scientific protocol for evaluating antibodies?   

This is so wrong: "the body doesn't know what virus it is fighting" It  is okay if you were not aware this was wrong.

• Like 2

What if covid 19 is a lie and it's all a nocebo effect that hypes up the effect of seasonal flu. There you go. A free conspiracy idea from me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Ever been to India? Amazing place. There might be millions dead. There might not be. I was there for quite a while. I can tell you I have no idea if I am right. It's such a different place. But I gathered that if people were sick and died that the neighborhood would take care  of them and offer them a proper passing, possibly without telling officials.

Hot spots are what we see. The virus is not intelligent. It has no goal or purpose. It reproduces. Hot spots are a human construct.

All I know is that India...despite their 'nuclear weapon profisionsy' is a third world country...with a population of 1.35 billion  people.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

This is so wrong: "the body doesn't know what virus it is fighting" It  is okay if you were not aware this was wrong.

Please then, explain to me how it is wrong.

On 7/21/2020 at 11:58 PM, joc said:

I find it simpler and just as effective to NOT wear a mask at all ...and I don't.  With one exception...if someone at the door of the store says, You cannot come in without a mask...and I really need something in that store...I will put one on.  But most don't...and haven't you experienced the number of employees who are wearing masks...around their chin...or over their nose but not their mouths? mouths but not their nose?

I'm not even spraying my hands with alcohol anymore.  This has gone way beyond pandemic hysterics...this is governmental crack down on American Freedoms and I don't like it.

Maybe you know people who have had the disease ...I don't...and I know a lot of people...and no one I know even knows anyone who has had it.  I'm just really starting to think this is another CIA scam.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:10 PM, joc said:

No we don't know that.  That is completely bogus information.  Don't know where you got it but it is incorrect.   The FLU has a mortality rate of .1%.

The Covid 19 virus has infected 15,445,043  resulting in  631,923 deaths.    631,923 / 15,445,043  = 4%   That is an average some places are very high like Spain for instance with a death rate of 10.5%

Most masks protect the other person. A person who I have to run  into that does not wear a mask is giving me a big **** you. Is that your message to others joc? I doubt it? I don't think of you as a **** others person.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 4:27 AM, RoofGardener said:

In absolute terms, yes. But not in per-capta terms ? 

Are you as clueless as you suggest you are? The answer seems to be a loud and resounding YES

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Most masks protect the other person. A person who I have to run  into that does not wear a mask is giving me a big **** you. Is that your message to others joc? I doubt it? I don't think of you as a **** others person.

No. That isn't my message.  That is the Media message. And it seems you are following along with it.  I.e.  Mask Not Wearing Shaming.

It seems illogincal to me steriologist that the mask is a one way protection device when the virus is an airborne virus.

On 7/23/2020 at 10:56 PM, joc said:

Not so fast....

...I wear a  handkerchief when I mow.  It keeps out 60% of particles as small as the covid virus...which by the way is microscopic and can only be seen through an electron microscope.  

On one hand...that is great because I don't have to breath in a lot of dust and stuff...but what if I do breath in a lot of dust and stuff?  Not really a huge deal is it?

So I wear my handkerchief into Walmart and pick up a pack of razor blades...while I'm in there...I unknowingly walk into an area where Covid 19 virus is in the air.  No problem right? I only breathed in 40% of the virus so I'm good right?   Get my point?!

Actually no. A hankerchief which is a single layer loosely woven fabric stops large particles. Thi is total horse puckey: " It keeps out 60% of particles as small as the covid virus" An N95 mask cannot keep out a particle as small as a virus.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:13 PM, joc said:

Which begs the question:  Is it possible and/or probable that he Chinese Government spread the virus on purpose to punish the US for it's Tariff Policy changes?

That is probably  somewhere in your list of Conspiracies. ^_^

That makes no sense no matter how you look at it.

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Please then, explain to me how it is wrong.

Antibodies in the human body have genetic markers that show which infection they are designed to attack and prevent future infect from. That is why they do an antibody test to see if someone had been infected, what you fail to realize is there is a difference between White Blood cells attacking an infection, and antibodies that are produced to specifically fend off a current or future infection from the same disease.

Teake Care. 

On 7/24/2020 at 3:32 AM, RoofGardener said:

Ummm.. it depends on what figures you want ? If you are comparing different countries, then per-capita is de-rigueur. Or possibly al dente. I always get those two terms confused. 

No.

8 minutes ago, joc said:

No. That isn't my message.  That is the Media message. And it seems you are following along with it.  I.e.  Mask Not Wearing Shaming.

It seems illogincal to me steriologist that the mask is a one way protection device when the virus is an airborne virus.

The Virus isn't a true airborne Virus, it can only survive in the open air for periods of time, and then only in enclosed spaces. A truely airborne Virus would not require another person who is infected to spread it. Truly Airborne Virues do not need a host to spread they use the air alone to travel from place to place, and just by breathing in the air anywhere you can become infected because the Virus would now be present in the atmosphere itself, along with most living things on the planet.

So actuall the Virus is only airborne in the form of microscopic liquid vapor water droplets released by an infected person in an enclosed space, big difference concerning how the Virus is actually spread.

take Care 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 9:51 PM, joc said:

1. Milton Leitenberg does not agree with you and he is an expert in the field having studied it his entire life.  He thinks that most likely the virus escaped in the form of an infected worker who inhaled the airborne virus.  To think that the virus can only be transmitted through coughing or sneezing or 'water droplets' is naive and akin to the Media Think which I have not listened to.  That you do is telling.  It is an airborne virus.  it doesn't need but for you to breathe out to be transmitted.  The idea that you cannot be infected by wearing a mask is absurd.  The idea that you cannot infect someone if you are wearing a mask is also absurd.

The reason why this Media Think idea is perpetrated to begin with is another attempt at diviision.  If you tell people...you aren't protecting yourself, you are protecting others...then  you have a reason to be 'concerned' that someone isn't wearing a mask in Lowe's or Home Depot or Walmart.  It is an attempt at 'shaming' people into wearing masks.  Absurd!  

2.  How do you know how much of the virus it takes to infect someone?  you don't...how could you?  It's an illogical argument.

It's a respiratory virus. It might be airborne or droplet born. it is definitely droplet born. You are making the airborne claim which is unproven. You say naive, but you have little to nothing to support that idea. You say " It is an airborne virus." but you have nothing to support that do you? Some people think it might be. Can you show us the evidence or are you guessing?

This is telling: "The idea that you cannot be infected by wearing a mask is absurd. " That tells me you don't understand why masks are  used. That's okay. It is to protect others, not yourself.

This is an illogical argument you use: " How do you know how much of the virus it takes to infect someone?  you don't...how could you?"  It is a bad argument because you have no idea either.

• Like 1

Yea i work in the field doing service work, and people everywhere demand we wear masks , but none of them wear masks . They have complained to the company about some techs not wearing masks. But what are they doing to protect us or anyone else for that matter.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, joc said:

All I know is that India...despite their 'nuclear weapon profisionsy' is a third world country...with a population of 1.35 billion  people.

So your question was moot?

42 minutes ago, joc said:

How does the body know what it is fighting?  How is an antibody for Covid different from an antibody from the flu?

It's a completely different chemical! 

Please look up antibodies and how they work. If you look at some of the images and you see the letter "Y". Those are antibodies.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, joc said:

but that doesn't answer the question really.  It just bodes more toward my bias that the 'protecting others' is a vague 'division' aspect of data given out by mask manufacturers.  

I.e.   Mask 'not wearing' shaming.   On a hiking trail...what are the odds you would inhale an airborne virus from a passerby...compared with a Central Air Conditioning unit..which circulates the air...btw Air Conditioning filters only are designed to filter out dust...dust that will not damage the A/C unit.  If the virus can live on surfaces for several days, isn't the A/C unit in buildings just swirling around the virus eventually?  Doesn't that render the 6' foot distancing moot?  

WTF are you rambling about?

A mask protects other people. If I run into you and you are NOT wearing a mask you are saying **** you to me.

Not sure how I can make this simpler.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, joc said:

When you don't wear a mask and you come to me you are saying **** you to me.

My mask protects you, but you don't give a rats' ass about others and don't ear a mask.

I get it. I get it loud and clear.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, joc said:

How does the body know what it is fighting?  How is an antibody for Covid different from an antibody from the flu?

Your body raises an immune response when it detects an unwanted 'invader' such as a virus or bacteria. The production of antibodies is just one way that it does this. The antibodies you produce are specific to the invading microbe. As Influenza and Covid are different viruses, the antibodies your body produces will be different for each. When the infection is over and you've (hopefully) recovered, the antibodies remain and your immune system will recognise the infection more quickly if you ever encounter it again. This is the basic science behind vaccinations. You're given an inactivated form of the virus / bacteria so that you produce the specific antibodies without getting the disease. Those antibodies will only work to fight that specific infection.

There's a lot of good resources available on the net if you're interested to learn more. This one's not bad for a start:

https://www.newscientist.com/term/antibodies/

Edited by Arbenol
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, razman said:

Yea i work in the field doing service work, and people everywhere demand we wear masks , but none of them wear masks . They have complained to the company about some techs not wearing masks. But what are they doing to protect us or anyone else for that matter.

If someone does not wear a mask and I complain they will get fired. Simple as that.

When companies such as mine make it a requirement of the job it is simple - do it or go on unemployment.

• Like 1

Has anyone wore a respiratory and worked hard lol these masks are nothing. Just throw it over your nostrils and blow hole pls WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER AND I MEAN EVERYONE.

• Like 1