Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sen Marco Rubio would prefer UFOs to be alien

There is a third option... These reported UFOs could be the result of misidentification, equipment error,  illogical reasoning, self-deception, misreading, inadvertently fudged data, willful misunderstanding, ignorance, innocent mistakes, misinterpretations, overlooked results or causes... etc...

Its not just a question of, like many hardcore believers like to think,.. If they are not ours they must be theirs :alien:

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"Frankly, if it's something outside this planet that might actually be better than the fact that we've seen some sort of technological leap from the Chinese or Russians or some other adversary that allows them to conduct this sort of activity."

So he considers threats from Russia and China scarier than aliens from outer space.  Not very imaginative, is he.

Is he running for re-election this year by any chance?

• Like 1

!

Edited by TripGun
Typo

I know this is wildly improbable but, what if they are ours but we are denying it?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Twin said:

I know this is wildly improbable but, what if they are ours but we are denying it?

That sounds less improbably than aliens from outer space using technology just barely better than ours.

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

So he considers threats from Russia and China scarier than aliens from outer space.  Not very imaginative, is he.

Why do you suggest a deficiency of imagination on his part? I think his is a reasonable position. I don't trust mankind with the sort of tech that these craft evidently exhibit.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

That sounds less improbably than aliens from outer space using technology just barely better than ours.

Just barely better than ours? This tech, if indeed it exists, is far, far, far more advanced than any tech we are aware of.

Lemme tell you something... 

SlushyHospitableBalloonfish-size_restric

F = ma and E = mc2 work just the same for antimatter as they do for normal matter.

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hazzard said:

There is a third option... These reported UFOs could be the result of misidentification, equipment error,  illogical reasoning, self-deception, misreading, inadvertently fudged data, willful misunderstanding, ignorance, innocent mistakes, misinterpretations, overlooked results or causes... etc...

Its not just a question of, like many hardcore believers like to think,.. If they are not ours they must be theirs :alien:

You are right. 

The US Air Force know nothing about flying objects. Their judgement must be way off the mark.

Like many hardcore non believers, there must be an earth answer for this.

5 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

You are right. 

The US Air Force know nothing about flying objects.

Well, if they are labeld UFOs by the Airforce... I think its safe to say that they know very little about it.

Does the fact that I am a flightinstructor and have thousands of ours in the air make me an expert on everything flying around up there... no it does not.

I cant even count the times I have seen UFOs over the years, but never ever have I thought of ET as the pilot.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hazzard said:

Well, if they are labeld UFOs by the Airforce... I think its safe to say that they know very little about it.

Does the fact that I am a flightinstructor and have thousands of ours in the air make me an expert on everything flying around up there... no it does not.

I cant even count the times I have seen UFOs over the years, but never ever have I thought of ET as the pilot.

What's one of the strangest things you've witnessed while flying?

13 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

Just barely better than ours? This tech, if indeed it exists, is far, far, far more advanced than any tech we are aware of.

So in your imagination it is better, but all  the stories indicate it is not.  We have had spit swabs to take DNA for 30 years, so why didn't the "alien" abductors have that?  And why would radar, which was fairly new to us cause an "alien" ship to crash?  The stories don't add up to a superiour technology.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So in your imagination it is better, but all  the stories indicate it is not.  We have had spit swabs to take DNA for 30 years, so why didn't the "alien" abductors have that?  And why would radar, which was fairly new to us cause an "alien" ship to crash?  The stories don't add up to a superiour technology.

I, for one, don't subscribe to alien abduction stories or stories of alien ships crashing. I'm talking about apparent physical craft that can maneuver in ways and at speeds that no publicly known human craft can do.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

I, for one, don't subscribe to alien abduction stories or stories of alien ships crashing. I'm talking about apparent physical craft that can maneuver in ways and at speeds that no publicly known human craft can do.

The UAP sightings I have had have never provided any proof of physicality, inetlligence, yes, physicality, no.  Lights in the sky.  And the rest are just stories, usually that can be explained by military test vehicles.  We are not important enough and our planet does not have any special qualities that would bring aliens so far to visit our planet.

1 hour ago, SeekTruth said:

What's one of the strangest things you've witnessed while flying?

One of the weirdest was coming back to Long Beach airport (Los Angeles) after a cross country flight. It was dark and raining. As we were about to enter the traffic pattern at LGB I saw something that looked like a white light moving around to my right, so Im thinking collision avoidance of course, but I realized it was further away than I first thought, so no worries there. I talked to the tower and they said No traffic.

The glowing white ball was moving around over and close to an oil cistern tank structure that was a little bit south of LGB airport.

As I was looking at this weird thing buzzing around lightning struck it (or very close to it), and it was gone... Lightning sure hit the oil tank structure because I saw sparks flying.

Not sure what to make of it... Was it a UFO, absolutely! 

Was it extraterrestrial in origin?... I guess that depends on who you ask.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 4

Desertrat,

The UAP sightings I have had have never provided any proof of physicality, inetlligence, yes, physicality, no.  Lights in the sky.  And the rest are just stories, usually that can be explained by military test vehicles.

Not just stories. We have numerous cases of corroborated ground and air radar data coupled with the simultaneous eyewitness testimony of multiple trained observers. There are no known military craft that can maneuver in the manner attested to by these cases. What's more is that these cases go back decades. The burden is on you if you are making the claim that these are military test vehicles.

We are not important enough and our planet does not have any special qualities that would bring aliens so far to visit our planet.

Why do you say such things? For all we know, life itself is extremely rare in the universe, let alone life with the intelligence and technology that we have on Earth.

1 minute ago, Hazzard said:

One of the weirdest was coming back to Long Beach airport (Los Angeles) after a cross country flight. It was dark and raining. A we were about to enter the traffic pattern at LGB I saw something that looked like a white light moving around to my right, so Im thinking collision avoidance of course, but I realized it was further away than I first thought, so no worries there. I talked to the tower and they said No traffic.

The glowing white ball was moving around over and close to an oil cistern tank structure that was a little bit south of LGB airport.

As I was looking at this weird thing buzzing around lightning struck it (or very close to it), and it was gone... Lightning sure hit the oil tank structure because I saw sparks flying.

Very cool! Perhaps ball lightning?

5 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

Very cool! Perhaps ball lightning?

That was my first thought aswell.

Perhaps localized atmospheric plasma like they study in Hessdalen, Norway.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

That was my first thought aswell.

Perhaps localized atmospheric plasma like they study in Hessdalen, Norway.

Has it been proven that the Hessdalen lights are plasma?

1 hour ago, SeekTruth said:

Has it been proven that the Hessdalen lights are plasma?

Project Hessdalen 1984 - Final Technical Report   http://www.hessdalen.org/reports/hpreport84.shtml

Just a side note...Thinking about UFO eyewitness testimony and how their stories can change over the years.

I wonder how true my own memories are of that night at Long Beach airport? :blink:

Edited by Hazzard
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Project Hessdalen 1984 - Final Technical Report   http://www.hessdalen.org/reports/hpreport84.shtml

Just a side note...Thinking about UFO eyewitness testimony and how their stories can change over the years.

I wonder how true my own memories are of that night at Long Beach airport? :blink:

Thanks. I'll take a look.

Do you have any reason to doubt your memory?

2 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

Do you have any reason to doubt your memory?

Not at all, thats exactly how I remember it and how I have always told that story... I think? :D

But still... Most of us know that human memory is notoriously unreliable, especially when it comes to details.

Scientists have found that prompting an eyewitness to remember more can generate details that are outright false but that feel just as correct to the witness as actual memories.

Just google False Memories and you will see what I meen... 

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Fascinating stuff.  Bear with me as I ask some questions that may expose me as an ignoramus on the issue (I don't claim to not be one!). 

Can plasma be detected by radar?

Also, the study does not conclude that the lights are plasmoids. 

15 hours ago, Hazzard said:

One of the weirdest was coming back to Long Beach airport (Los Angeles) after a cross country flight. It was dark and raining. As we were about to enter the traffic pattern at LGB I saw something that looked like a white light moving around to my right, so Im thinking collision avoidance of course, but I realized it was further away than I first thought, so no worries there. I talked to the tower and they said No traffic.

Probably a weather balloon.

• Like 1