Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Semper Supra': Space Force

Vorg

According to the graphic, the silver border of the delta logo “signifies defense and protection from all adversaries and threats emanating from the space domain. The black area inside embodies the vast darkness from space.”

“At the center of the delta is the star Polaris, which symbolizes how the core values guide the Space Force mission,” the graphic noted.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/semper-supra-space-force-reveals-official-branch-motto-and-logo

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Looks pretty cool. About what I expected. 

• Like 3

It reminds me a little of the star trek logo. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It reminds me a little of the star trek logo. 

It reminds me that nothing good can come from militarizing space. :yes:

It also reminds me that this is a big Dog and Pony show from the Orange Painted Ass to gain the Chickenhawk vote. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

It also reminds me that this is a big Dog and Pony show from the Orange Painted Ass to gain the Chickenhawk vote. 

That reminds me of Reagan's "Star Wars" project. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

That reminds me of Reagan's "Star Wars" project. 

That was a abject failure too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Piney said:

I don't know, we had some great laser shows over Las Cruces at the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like another failed attempt to make *Trump look presidential. They only way he might look presidential, is in a casket. Even then he'd probably fart, and ruin the moment.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Piney said:

Well, when the Chinese shot down a satellite, they pretty much nailed the lid on the coffin of purely peaceful space exploration. Even Reagan's pie-in-the-sky Star Wars initiative did nothing so overt. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Well, when the Chinese shot down a satellite, they pretty much nailed the lid on the coffin of purely peaceful space exploration. Even Reagan's pie-in-the-sky Star Wars initiative did nothing so overt. 

Reagan basically bluffed Russia into capitulating because they knew they couldn't keep up with us at that time.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

So did we. With a fighter jet. 

• Like 1

As far as militarizing space with space force.

I think it's all semantics but with "space force" or not the Air Force would always have a division focused in space, they did before space force and they will after.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Piney said:

Oh I don't know...I think it accomplished its mission. It forced the USSR to try and keep up, which bankrupted it and led to the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Result ! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh I don't know...I think it accomplished its mission. It forced the USSR to try and keep up, which bankrupted it and led to the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Result ! 

It was headed there anyway because they listened to "experts" who Stalin liked, who weren't. On top of the fact that Marxism doesn't work. 

1 minute ago, Piney said:

It was headed there anyway because they listened to "experts" who Stalin liked, who weren't. On top of the fact that Marxism doesn't work. 

Well.. perhaps.. but the USSR wasn't Marxist. It was an oligarchy where the elite owned the means of production. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

Marxism arose at the end of the industrial era where people were seen as mere robots or drones.

As such it lacks an understanding of how to manage and lead people, what motivates them, and why these things are important in the running of a successful economy. Society only came to understand these things about 50 years ago as psychology took off.

People like to achieve, to have status, to live up to their full potential, and achieve significance in their lives. Hence capitalism is more aligned with human nature. If we think about it then why should I study hard to get a degree, why should I work hard in my job, why should I setup my own business, if at the end of the day I will be paid just the same as everyone else?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

Marxism arose at the end of the industrial era where people were seen as mere robots or drones.

Marxism is about self entitled people who won't get off their ass and work for their own wealth. 

I have my own business and manage somebody else's. At the same time I use 1/3 my salary to invest in my own business and I put 1/2 of everything away and forget I have it. 

I even returned Trump's check because I want nothing for free. 

The current generation would just p*** it away buying toys, partying, vacationing and crying the world owes them a living . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Piney said:

Marxism is about self entitled people who won't get off their ass and work for their own wealth. 

I have my own business and manage somebody else's. At the same time I use 1/3 my salary to invest in my own business and I put 1/2 of everything away and forget I have it. 

The current generation would just p*** it away buying toys, partying, vacationing and crying the world owes them a living . 

You know what, you have ascended a few levels in respect for me.

Yes, that are entitled too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Piney said:

Wait, do you pay taxes on your earnings and your business earnings?  That was not free money, that money will be taxable for 2020.  The only way it is free money is for those who are not responsible for paying income tax.

43 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Wait, do you pay taxes on your earnings and your business earnings?  That was not free money, that money will be taxable for 2020.  The only way it is free money is for those who are not responsible for paying income tax.

Yes, You need a retail certificate in New Jersey and have to. The tax man even shows up at art and woodworker shows and checks. 

I don't write off my donations either. 

I even payed property tax when I owned a house even though I was ordained as a Interdenominational minister. 

I was involved in politics, so I felt I needed to pay my dues unlike certain Christians, both Democrat and Republican. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Yes, You need a retail certificate in New Jersey and have to. The tax man even shows up at art and woodworker shows and checks. 

I don't write off my donations either. 

I even payed property tax when I owned a house even though I was ordained as a Interdenominational minister. 

I was involved in politics, so I felt I needed to pay my dues unlike certain Christians, both Democrat and Republican. 

So, that stimulus check wasn't free money for you.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

So, that stimulus check wasn't free money for you.

Didn't care, the man who signed it hates Lenape guts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

I was ordained as a Interdimensional minister.

That sounds cool!

Do you conduct weddings in hyperspace?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, acute said:

Do you conduct weddings in hyperspace?

No, but I do Hand Fastings for followers of Gardner and that batty Gibb woman. 

Edited by Piney
**** Trump
  • Haha 2