Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is really going on in the US?

Duke Wellington

52 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Putting aside Trump it shows a lack of respect for the electorate, what the electorate want, and the democratic process.

"The electorate" did not want a President Trump at all, to the tune of a couple million votes.  So why then are you disrespecting the views and desires of 'the electorate'?  You seem to misunderstand a lot of what Trump opponents actually argue, which makes your ideas about their psychological motivations and diagnoses even more unfounded.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what it would look like if everyone try to work with what is instead and fighting against it.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

"The electorate" did not want a President Trump at all, to the tune of a couple million votes.  So why then are you disrespecting the views and desires of 'the electorate'?  You seem to misunderstand a lot of what Trump opponents actually argue, which makes your ideas about their psychological motivations and diagnoses even more unfounded.  

But this... but that... if this... if that....

The democrats lost.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, A Shadow said:

I wonder what it would look like if everyone try to work with what is instead and fighting against it.

The rioting would have already ceased, maybe the wall would be finished.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

In all fairness it was Obama that implemented the policy change

I was waiting for you to blame Obama for something.  What took you so long?

:D

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, acute said:

I was waiting for you to blame Obama for something.  What took you so long?

:D

You`ve misread that, I gave praise to Obama in an area where it was deserved.

Its a shame to find people that cannot do the same with Trump.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You`ve misread that,

I did indeed!

Sorry about that. Blame my age

.....or Piney. :tu:

• Haha 6

Maybe it's the State's motto...

[00.03:05]

~

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Trump has in no way, shape, or form, behaved like Hitler or any other dictator. He has done well on the economy, he has introduced the largest coronavirus testing program of any country, deaths from coronavirus in the US are very low compared to the infection rate, he has made the US a net exporter of energy creating lots of jobs, the guy has done a good job.

I think his "Operation Legend" is a good indication that you are not privy to everything that is going on.  He is not a great orator like Hitler was, he does not build himself into a frenzy during a speech like Hitler did, but he is setting up a military government, maybe he is being flattered in to thinking he can be our first dictator.  Trump is blamed because he is president who is our representative and he is not doing a very good job of representing anyone.  The hysteria you refer to is created by the media.  We are being manipulated and I have seen the same kind of thing in the news about the UK.  Your post is like the pot calling the kettle black in my opinion.  Clean your own house and leave our house to us.

And by the way, the black deaths at the hands of police are what you see in the news but  most of us have seen that it is not always a white cop killing a black person, sometimes it is a hispanic cop killing a hispanic person or a black cop killing a white or asian person, an asian cop killing someone.  It happens all over the country with all kinds of demographics involved, and it happens in your country as well.  The news media is being paid by people with an agenda and this decade the agenda is "Black lives matter". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Those who see a facist/nazi/dictatorship coming are just getting worked up for nothing. I knew many who said the same about Obama, and Bush before that... The FedGov is coming to oppress me!! 

Complete BS.

Sure Trump is sending a handful of extra people to various cities... Like, what, perhaps a hundred to each major city. And thats going to be enough to take over, oppress the people, and empower a dictatorship? Baloney...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Those who see a facist/nazi/dictatorship coming are just getting worked up for nothing. I knew many who said the same about Obama, and Bush before that... The FedGov is coming to oppress me!! 

Complete BS.

Sure Trump is sending a handful of extra people to various cities... Like, what, perhaps a hundred to each major city. And thats going to be enough to take over, oppress the people, and empower a dictatorship? Baloney...

That does make you wonder though.  Were these people not busy stopping crime or whatever at their home locations?  Is a few hundred going to make a difference in a place like Chicago?  Can't have a fed at every funeral.   It just smacks of political posturing for the election. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

That does make you wonder though.  Were these people not busy stopping crime or whatever at their home locations?  Is a few hundred going to make a difference in a place like Chicago?  Can't have a fed at every funeral.   It just smacks of political posturing for the election. 

Id agree it smacks of political posturing. But then Biden, Pelosi, and others are in the news making very charged statements that are no less politically motivated.

Let Trump send people, and observe if there is any difference. The best way to depower a demagogue is to ignore him.

• Like 1

Just now, DieChecker said:

Id agree it smacks of political posturing. But then Biden, Pelosi, and others are in the news making very charged statements that are no less politically motivated.

Let Trump send people, and observe if there is any difference. The best way to depower a demagogue is to ignore him.

I agree, but you know they won't be ignored.  I'm thinking Trump is setting these guys up to get hurt, maimed, over even killed.  Three are already suffering permanent vision loss over in Portland and the fires and violence is only getting worse.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I agree, but you know they won't be ignored.  I'm thinking Trump is setting these guys up to get hurt, maimed, over even killed.  Three are already suffering permanent vision loss over in Portland and the fires and violence is only getting worse.

The media is spurring vigilante citizens to Dox the agents, and several now in Portland have had their families and homes threatened.

Yet, we're told they should be flashing their IDs around to everyone by the media. 

Things are worse because city, and state, leadership refuse to stop the rioters. And liberal media gets rich by publishing bias politically charged articles. The more rioting there is, the better CNN and MSNBC, and other online publishers like it.

Question: Is it the fault of a homeowner if they are hurt defending thier home from a robber?

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

The media is spurring vigilante citizens to Dox the agents, and several now in Portland have had their families and homes threatened.

Yet, we're told they should be flashing their IDs around to everyone by the media. 

Things are worse because city, and state, leadership refuse to stop the rioters. And liberal media gets rich by publishing bias politically charged articles. The more rioting there is, the better CNN and MSNBC, and other online publishers like it.

Democrat Governor: Hey guys, lets go riot, we are entitled too!

(Later that same day) Democrat Governor: Trump is incompetent for not dealing with the rioting!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Question: Is it the fault of a homeowner if they are hurt defending thier home from a robber?

Is it the fault of a homeowner if they are hurt defending their home from a robber?  If they are outnumbered, outgunned, and have a chance to flee then yes.  If they are taken by surprise then no.  It's a situational question.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Not to mention the rioters attacking the police when they are making an arrest. They are outnumbered by the mob.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

The more rioting there is, the better CNN and MSNBC, and other online publishers like it.

All publishers love it!  Does it do a lot for CNN and MSNBC? Maybe. Does it do a lot for right leaning media?  Hell yes, most definitely..  They have their bases all riled up and spitting mad, even as far away as Britain. Both sides select just the facts their base will like.  Quite a win-win opportunity for both sides.  If there were no riots, we would be slogging through covid-19 information.  Even life and death can be boring when your enemy is a virus and not a screaming hooligan.  This is a ratings bonanza for everybody.

Do Pelosi and Biden make good use of it, yes they try.  Does Trump?  Indeed he does. He can be the law and order President.  He doesn't have to solve anything or improve anything, just make a show and move on because as he knows, viewers get bored and ratings fall if problems drag on too long.   He is a media genius about getting a dollar's worth of publicity out of a nickels worth of effort.  The Dems wont score points against Trump's media mastery.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think his "Operation Legend" is a good indication that you are not privy to everything that is going on. 

How is it tyrannical for a president to send Federal law enforcement officers to Federal BUILDINGS when riots have been ongoing for 50+ days and local governments are doing nothing to enforce their own laws?  Are you aware of what's happening nightly in Portland?  Do you support mobs trying to burn down a Federal facility?  Do you deny that mobs are attempting to burn down a Federal facility?  Legend was the name of a four-year-old boy who was killed during this chaos.  Things ARE getting out of control and it damned sure isn't Trump that's pushing it.

BLM NOW...MF

116042470_2644148062354808_523626066722426314_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=xiWsMeM9Iu4AX_NEp05&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=5de53e745c637df740c772673d6118f5&oe=5F3FB582

1 hour ago, and then said:

How is it tyrannical for a president to send Federal law enforcement officers to Federal BUILDINGS when riots have been ongoing for 50+ days and local governments are doing nothing to enforce their own laws?  Are you aware of what's happening nightly in Portland?  Do you support mobs trying to burn down a Federal facility?  Do you deny that mobs are attempting to burn down a Federal facility?  Legend was the name of a four-year-old boy who was killed during this chaos.  Things ARE getting out of control and it damned sure isn't Trump that's pushing it.

BLM NOW...MF

116042470_2644148062354808_523626066722426314_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=xiWsMeM9Iu4AX_NEp05&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=5de53e745c637df740c772673d6118f5&oe=5F3FB582

Yeah, I saw that. There will be no outrage. A black man puts his knee on a white toddler and the MSM will say, "Move along now, nothing to see here..."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

All publishers love it!  Does it do a lot for CNN and MSNBC? Maybe. Does it do a lot for right leaning media?  Hell yes, most definitely..  They have their bases all riled up and spitting mad, even as far away as Britain. Both sides select just the facts their base will like.  Quite a win-win opportunity for both sides.  If there were no riots, we would be slogging through covid-19 information.  Even life and death can be boring when your enemy is a virus and not a screaming hooligan.  This is a ratings bonanza for everybody.

Do Pelosi and Biden make good use of it, yes they try.  Does Trump?  Indeed he does. He can be the law and order President.  He doesn't have to solve anything or improve anything, just make a show and move on because as he knows, viewers get bored and ratings fall if problems drag on too long.   He is a media genius about getting a dollar's worth of publicity out of a nickels worth of effort.  The Dems wont score points against Trump's media mastery.

And it is idiot rioters handing him that opportunity on a stick.

No rioters = no excuse for Trump to send Homeland in.

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Democrat Governor: Hey guys, lets go riot, we are entitled too!

(Later that same day) Democrat Governor: Trump is incompetent for not dealing with the rioting!

I don't think any governers told people to go riot.

• Like 1