Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is really going on in the US?

Duke Wellington

10 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That's rather narrow and incomplete, and keep in mind BLM is about a lot more than the Floyd case.  Chauvin was white, Floyd was black, and there were three other cops there all who did nothing while Chauvin murdered Floyd.  Since white people commit more crimes than blacks and everyone's walking around with a video recorder, where's the counterexample of a white person being treated like this under similar circumstances?

There is an example that did not make the national news, in Las Cruces, NM a man was killed the exact same way as Floyd was by a cop.  And neither of them were black.   I posted the link in another thread.  It has nothing to do with BLM.  BLM has been in existence for years.

And one of the 3 cops that let Chauvin murder Floyd was asian. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

and keep in mind BLM is about a lot more than the Floyd case. 

Primarily it's  about destroying the Nuclear family.

Earlier this week, former Prime Minister and founder of the Centre Party Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson wrote an article in which he suggests that the Black Lives Matter (BLM) Movement is a “revival of racism” and in which he claims that this “Western Cultural Revolution […] has all the hallmarks of extremism, including religious rites which people are supposed to undergo in order to prove their subservience to the orthodoxy.” The article has been roundly criticised and inspired a spirited response from BLM supporters in Iceland, who believe Sigmundur Davíð’s beliefs “pose a threat to our Icelandic society, equality, and democracy.”

https://www.icelandreview.com/politics/former-pm-says-blm-revives-racism-will-destroy-capitalism-and-the-nuclear-family/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ellapenella said:

did you laugh or cry  when Trump won? will you be laughing when he's reelected? 

May I ask how old you are?

• Like 1

For what reason do you want to know?

Your antagonistic accusations and your claiming to be of the "here and now" generation leads me to believe you are about 20, or at least under the age of 25.  I only care so that if you are under the age of 20 people will know why you have the attitudes you do and won't thrash you for it as strongly.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

Primarily it's  about destroying the Nuclear family.

Our society has been destroying the nuclear family since the end of WWII.

We live in a society in which both husband and wife have to work to support the household.  Women now take off what, a month or less maternity leave, then the baby go to some kind of daycare and the mom goes back to work?  A lot of kids come home from school to an empty house until parents come home from work.  An hour or two a day is not enough interaction to keep a family together.  Having a child is so expensive that many young couples put it off or choose not to have children.

Mobility is a necessity.  Communities are no longer lifetime associations of neighbors.  Houses are occupied by a series of nice people pursuing their own dreams and not likely to stay in one spot for a lifetime. As housing becomes more expensive, young people become renters rather than owners with no monetary ties to a neighborhood. Children move away from their parents to seek employment,  Grandparents are shuffled off to retirement communities and care facilities.

Segregation by age and generation cuts across the nuclear family.  Parents, kids, and grandparents gather a few times a year for special occasions and then can hardly wait  to  go off into their own spaces and do their own activities.

You want to know where that has put us, look at the start of the covid pandemic and the cries from citizens and our government to sacrifice old people and the vulnerable for the good of the economy. 

Times are changing rapidly, our society and our environment are in flux.  We have to hold tight to what we value. Some people may choose family, a lot will choose personal ambition and comfort.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 7:49 AM, Liquid Gardens said:

"The electorate" did not want a President Trump at all, to the tune of a couple million votes.  So why then are you disrespecting the views and desires of 'the electorate'?  You seem to misunderstand a lot of what Trump opponents actually argue, which makes your ideas about their psychological motivations and diagnoses even more unfounded.  

Because our nation is broad in interest and sensibilities, does it make sense to base the vote on concentration or on the broadest appeal?  More locales voted for trump than Hilary.  Hilary just wasn't appealing.  The Electoral College was established to nullify concentration.  Would you be satisfied if only people voting in California and New York made the difference or do you want the accumulation of all the states?  This is why we are *NOT* a Democracy; never was and never will be.

There is no misunderstanding, the Left are very clear as to what they argue.  Psychological motivations are read like a book.

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Your antagonistic accusations and your claiming to be of the "hear and now" generation leads me to believe you are about 20, or at least under the age of 25.  I only care so that if you are under the age of 20 people will know why you have the attitudes you do and won't thrash you for it as strongly.

Yet  you have not replied to the questions I've asked you , Whats so difficult in answering them?  instead you retort to questioning my age as if  that's going to distract from you not answering some not so tough questions. 

22 minutes ago, ellapenella said:

Yet  you have not replied to the questions I've asked you , Whats so difficult in answering them?  instead you retort to questioning my age as if  that's going to distract from you not answering some not so tough questions. 

Because they have nothing to do with what I asked you.  Instead of answering my posts and @Liquid Gardens posts to explain something you said, you ask nonsense questions and accuse people of being "commies".   You communication style is immature and nonsense.  If you get angry because someone asks you to explain something (which is what adults do when they are confused) then you must be really young or really angry and unable to communicate rationally.

So!!! What does "generation here and now" mean to you???  You answer the question that was asked first, then maybe I will answer your questions if you can rephrase them to non-accusatory, actual inquisitory type questions.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Times are changing rapidly, our society and our environment are in flux.

Yes. We are all completely and utterly fluxed.

;)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Because our nation is broad in interest and sensibilities, does it make sense to base the vote on concentration or on the broadest appeal?

It makes sense to base the vote on the concept that every citizen's vote is worth the same as every other citizen's vote.

24 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The Electoral College was established to nullify concentration.  Would you be satisfied if only people voting in California and New York made the difference or do you want the accumulation of all the states?

The reasons that the Electoral College was established are largely obsolete, mass communication has changed just a few things.  I'd be satisfied with Cal and NY 'making the difference' to the extent that their populations reflect that.  Why should how much someone's vote is worth depend on where they are located?  Whatever unfairness you see in the idea that Cal and NY 'make the difference' if we didn't have the EC is to me even more countered by the fact that someone's vote in Wyoming is currently worth three times as much as someone's vote in Cal from an Electoral College point of view.  https://theconversation.com/whose-votes-count-the-least-in-the-electoral-college-74280

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Our society has been destroying the nuclear family since the end of WWII.

We live in a society in which both husband and wife have to work to support the household.  Women now take off what, a month or less maternity leave, then the baby go to some kind of daycare and the mom goes back to work?  A lot of kids come home from school to an empty house until parents come home from work.  An hour or two a day is not enough interaction to keep a family together.  Having a child is so expensive that many young couples put it off or choose not to have children.

Mobility is a necessity.  Communities are no longer lifetime associations of neighbors.  Houses are occupied by a series of nice people pursuing their own dreams and not likely to stay in one spot for a lifetime. As housing becomes more expensive, young people become renters rather than owners with no monetary ties to a neighborhood. Children move away from their parents to seek employment,  Grandparents are shuffled off to retirement communities and care facilities.

Segregation by age and generation cuts across the nuclear family.  Parents, kids, and grandparents gather a few times a year for special occasions and then can hardly wait  to  go off into their own spaces and do their own activities.

You want to know where that has put us, look at the start of the covid pandemic and the cries from citizens and our government to sacrifice old people and the vulnerable for the good of the economy. 

Times are changing rapidly, our society and our environment are in flux.  We have to hold tight to what we value. Some people may choose family, a lot will choose personal ambition and comfort.

Yes times change but God doesn't change .There will always be trials and tribulations  in a cursed world. 

Segregation by age and generation should not have anything to do with the Nuclear Family. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Because our nation is broad in interest and sensibilities, does it make sense to base the vote on concentration or on the broadest appeal?

Have you considered this trend into the future?.  The number of representatives in the house is limited to 435 I think.    Today that is about 1 representative for 740,000 citizens.  As population grows, the concentrated areas of manufacturing and economic activity will increase in population.  The interior central part of the country may decline in population  as we move away from family farms and into large corporate ones with fewer in the heartland population needed to support agriculture.

In the census of 2030 and 2040 those trends may result in reapportionment of representatives.  States like Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Arkansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma  could all lose a representative.and states like California with 53 currently and New York with 27 could each increase their number by three or four.   Decision power will migrate too as more weight is added to the financial and population centers of the country.  There will still be states with the minimum of three electoral votes but it will take 30 of them to match what California and New York might become.

10 minutes ago, ellapenella said:

Segregation by age and generation should not have anything to do with the Nuclear Family. 

What is a nuclear family then?  Is it parents and children with no extended family of grandparents siblings and cousins? 

When kids spend more time at school with other unrelated kids and parents spend more time at work with unrelated coworkers than they do with each other, it affects the nuclear family. 

54 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Because they have nothing to do with what I asked you.  Instead of answering my posts and @Liquid Gardens posts to explain something you said, you ask nonsense questions and accuse people of being "commies".   You communication style is immature and nonsense.  If you get angry because someone asks you to explain something (which is what adults do when they are confused) then you must be really young or really angry and unable to communicate rationally.

So!!! What does "generation here and now" mean to you???  You answer the question that was asked first, then maybe I will answer your questions if you can rephrase them to non-accusatory, actual inquisitory type questions.

So you're not correct.  The entirety is regarding LG's and now yours as well  stance on blm whereas I said something like if individuals truly wanted to stop police wrongdoings they would not put one race above the other in doing so otherwise they are not honest...and you two want to twist that which is suspect as maybe you both are far left communist. Why else would anyone not see the truth in it. 

eta

trying to commie drill me about it and twisting everything isn't going to change what is the truth about it.

Edited by ellapenella

As citizens around the U.S. protest police brutality and racial inequalities, their rallying cry has been the slogan “Black Lives Matter” — a declaration of God-given value for Americans who feel marginalized. Yet that slogan was born of a political organization — now rolling in donations from massive corporations hoping to establish their social justice bona fides — whose larger agenda has gone largely unexamined.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/10/black-lives-matter-foundation-aims-to-disrupt-family-structure-excludes-fathers-from-vision-of-community/

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

What is a nuclear family then?  Is it parents and children with no extended family of grandparents siblings and cousins? 

When kids spend more time at school with other unrelated kids and parents spend more time at work with unrelated coworkers than they do with each other, it affects the nuclear family. 

And when teachers send home hours of homework after 6 or more hours of school makes one wonder. A Nuclear Family structure is Father, Mother, Children , the way God made it to be.

13 minutes ago, ellapenella said:

So you're not correct.  The entirety is regarding LG's and now yours as well  stance on blm whereas I said something like if individuals truly wanted to stop police wrongdoings they would not put one race above the other in doing so otherwise they are not honest...and you two want to twist that which is suspect as maybe you both are far left communist. Why else would anyone not see the truth in it. 

eta

trying to commie drill me about it and twisting everything isn't going to change what is the truth about it.

I never gave you my stance on the BLM, so you are "not correct" in your assumptions.  I agreed with @Liquid Gardens that a post you made was confusing and incomplete and I commented on your attitude about not explaining what you meant, only getting huffy and accusatory.

And now you do the same thing again, you don't answer questions, you make accusations and none of it has anything to do with this thread or responding to people asking you to clarify.  That is the immaturity, getting emotional over nothing, assuming insults when none were offered and then making accusations and insults instead of answering.  Don't bother answering me any more, I am going to ignore you. 

• Like 2

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

I never gave you my stance on the BLM, so you are "not correct" in your assumptions.  I agreed with @Liquid Gardens that a post you made was confusing and incomplete and I commented on your attitude about not explaining what you meant, only getting huffy and accusatory.

And now you do the same thing again, you don't answer questions, you make accusations and none of it has anything to do with this thread or responding to people asking you to clarify.  That is the immaturity, getting emotional over nothing, assuming insults when none were offered and then making accusations and insults instead of answering.  Don't bother answering me any more, I am going to ignore you. 

What I stated was not  at all difficult for  interpretation so I don't believe you . I know you agree with LG  IMHO you agree on a lot including blm.

So this thread is titled "what is really going on in the U.S ?"   

3 minutes ago, ellapenella said:

What I stated was not  at all difficult for  interpretation so I don't believe you . I know you agree with LG  IMHO you agree on a lot including blm.

So this thread is titled "what is really going on in the U.S ?"   

Are you in the U.S.? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellapenella said:

Yes times change but God doesn't change .There will always be trials and tribulations  in a cursed world. 

People throughout the ages blame god , and they still do.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Are you in the U.S.? 

Don't wonder about where I am you should be more concerned  if Biden knows he's in the U.S or not. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ellapenella said:

Don't wonder about where I am you should be more concerned  if Biden knows he's in the U.S or not. 

My point is, if you are not in the U.S. you are as bad as @Cookie Monster standing on the hill looking at the U.S. through his foggy binoculars.  The fact that you don't ever answer a question tends to indicate you are some kind of angry troll who actually knows nothing about what is going on in the U.S.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, razman said:

People throughout the ages blame god , and they still do.

There's no returning back to Eden. The world is cursed. I don't blame God. 

I'm surprised at what has been allowed to happen in America, more so surprised that communism is  sneakily being pushed out there in small pockets across the nation, and across the world. The thing though that's most alarming  is that communist dictators always seem to want to play god or something. Millions of people suffer and or  die under communist dictators.