Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why did I choose the Tarot ?

UM-Bot

Upon reflection, I don't believe I chose the Tarot. I think it chose me. It is like that with divination tools, spirit guides and connecting to spirit in general. Your connect will be presented to you in an unmistakably profound manner. Resisting would be futile because it/ and or they, will simply keep appearing.

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=338371

Sounds like you love what you are doing. I am one that believes the intelligent forces of the universe can communicate with us in many ways.

• Like 2

Tarot was originally a card game. That was until people decided to play "I can predict the future" with it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I find most folks approach and think about Divination tools inaccurately. 

Divination tools don't 'predict the future', or tell you what will occur.

They can open up your thinking and offer alternate perspectives of a situation which I've found helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

@XenoFish    You actually have it backwards.  Tarot was created and evolved in the mystery schools of the 16th and 17th century during the time of Roman Catholic domination and the Inquisition and was presented as a GAME to hide it in plain sight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The original purpose of tarot cards was to play games. A very cursory explanation of rules for a tarot-like deck is given in a manuscript by Martiano da Tortona before 1425. Vague descriptions of game play or game terminology follow for the next two centuries until the earliest known complete description of rules for a French variant in 1637.[15] The game of tarot has many regional variations. Tarocchini has survived in Bologna and there are still others played in Piedmont and Sicily, but in Italy the game is generally less popular than elsewhere.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot

• 1 year later...
Guest chiron613
I think Tarot doesn't predict the future. It tells us where we're headed. If we leave things as they are, we'll likely wind up in some situation. It's not Fate, and it's not foretelling. It's simply an indication of direction.

Since we have free will, we can change our direction if we don't like where we're headed. We can't control everything - sometimes it almost seems like we can't control *anything* - but we can take steps to change the course of our lives. We're certainly not completely helpless.

At the risk of continuing a necro post, the 'tarot' does absolutely NOTHING!

It is all in your mind. Literally.

You could pick up any random card and associate/imagine any meaning to it you wish depending on your feelings, thoughts or current situation..the tarot is just a deck of thin cardboard slabs with pictures printed on them, they are no more meaningful than any other deck of cards you play with.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:59 AM, UM-Bot said:

You chose Tarot for the same reason everyone else does.  It was there and you were curious.

If you were in China it would have been I Ching.

If you were mathematically inclined you likely would have opted for Astrology.

Sadly you haven't penetrated the final mystery of the Tarot yet.