Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

lightning hits statue of liberty

docyabut2

3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Image result for Lightning Hits Statue of Liberty

I think God is mad:) because we become so lawlessness. 

Docy, I don't think there is any doubt that America is going through judgment now.  I agree that we are seeing the results of spreading lawlessness. The events we are seeing are unlike anything I've ever witnessed.  We are seeing a level of anger and hatred that is totally out of scale for any rational disagreement.  The focus seems to be Trump but the level of hate, the sheer intensity of it is staggering.  It isn't just aimed at him, either.  His supporters are treated as pariahs and I've seen several people online speaking of "revenge" or holding his supporters "accountable" when he is out of office.  

There is a spirit of chaos hovering over the nation and the wider world.  I don't fear the future but I think it's time to prepare for the worst before November.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

31. Lady Liberty is thought to have been hit by around 600 bolts of lightning every year since she was built. A photographer captured this for the first time in 2010.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/north-america/united-states/new-york/articles/statue-of-liberty-fascinating-facts/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Did Nostradamus predict the current outbreak?

Article from www.kqed.org

'In recent weeks, some Nostradamus fans, eager to find coronavirus content in Les Prophéties, have pointed to passages that are aggravatingly non-specific. Like the one that references "The great plague of the maritime city," (New York City or the sea food market in Wuhan?) and the one that says "And diverse plagues will be upon mankind." But this morning I found one that appears to be a lot more specific.'

'The Prophecies of Nostradamus by Erika Cheetham is a complete translation of the original text, first published in 1973.  I found both a reference to "plague, lightning and hail at the end of March," (when the Coronavirus spread across the planet) and, more importantly, this:'

"In the feeble lists, great calamity through America and Lombardy. The fire in the ship, plague and captivity; Mercury in Sagittarius, Saturn warning."

'We can all understand the references to "plague and captivity" at this point, but everything else in this passage lines up too. Assuming "the feeble lists" refer to the sick and the dead, America and Italy (Lombardy is a region in the north of the country) are in the top three most infected countries so far, along with Spain. Mercury entered Sagittarius in December 2019, which is when the first cases of coronavirus occurred, and Saturn moved into Aquarius on March 21, right as New York City was going into lockdown.'

'All of which suggests that Nostradamus did see this coming after all. It wouldn't be the first time. The following passage is often interpreted as predicting World War I and the flu epidemic that killed over 50 million people directly afterwards:'

"The dreadful war which prepared in the West, the following year the pestilence will come, so very horrible that young, nor old, nor animal (will survive)."

Of course some people take his predictions very seriously, but many just think Nostradamus was "high as a kite" when made his predictions.

Edited by TigerBright19

1 hour ago, TigerBright19 said:

'In recent weeks, some Nostradamus fans, eager to find coronavirus content in Les Prophéties, have pointed to passages that are aggravatingly non-specific. Like the one that references "The great plague of the maritime city," (New York City or the sea food market in Wuhan?) and the one that says "And diverse plagues will be upon mankind." But this morning I found one that appears to be a lot more specific.'

'The Prophecies of Nostradamus by Erika Cheetham is a complete translation of the original text, first published in 1973.  I found both a reference to "plague, lightning and hail at the end of March," (when the Coronavirus spread across the planet) and, more importantly, this:'

"In the feeble lists, great calamity through America and Lombardy. The fire in the ship, plague and captivity; Mercury in Sagittarius, Saturn warning."

'We can all understand the references to "plague and captivity" at this point, but everything else in this passage lines up too. Assuming "the feeble lists" refer to the sick and the dead, America and Italy (Lombardy is a region in the north of the country) are in the top three most infected countries so far, along with Spain. Mercury entered Sagittarius in December 2019, which is when the first cases of coronavirus occurred, and Saturn moved into Aquarius on March 21, right as New York City was going into lockdown.'

'All of which suggests that Nostradamus did see this coming after all. It wouldn't be the first time. The following passage is often interpreted as predicting World War I and the flu epidemic that killed over 50 million people directly afterwards:'

"The dreadful war which prepared in the West, the following year the pestilence will come, so very horrible that young, nor old, nor animal (will survive)."

Of course some people take his predictions very seriously, but many just think Nostradamus was "high as a kite" when made his predictions.

Nostradamus prophecy: Quatrain 1, 87

Earthshaking fire from the centre of the earth

will cause tremors around the New City.

Two great rocks will war for a long time,

then Arethusa will redden a new river.

Does that mean New York? :)

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:
3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

31. Lady Liberty is thought to have been hit by around 600 bolts of lightning every year since she was built. A photographer captured this for the first time in 2010.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/north-america/united-states/new-york/articles/statue-of-liberty-fascinating-facts/

Well, I'm not surprised. It's pretty tall, so it would be in the way of lightening strikes. It just so happens that one particular photo was timed right in capturing it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

It just so happens that one particular photo was timed right in capturing it. 

She didn't even flinch...

~

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'm sure that's accurate.  I'm equally sure that this country is reaping a long deserved harvest.  God or no God. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Well, I'm not surprised. It's pretty tall, so it would be in the way of lightening strikes. It just so happens that one particular photo was timed right in capturing it. 

Happens to hi rise buildings all the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Yep.  And it makes one hell of a good conductor.  I recently saw a cool image that reminded me that the current flow actually comes from the ground, up:

Late Winter Storm Ground to Sky Lightning with Record Cold & Snow ...

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:
11 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Happens to hi rise buildings all the time. 

Exactly. No need to worry that we were naughty little boys and girls. ;)  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Exactly.

Wrong god anyway. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8uDFkwldoGAQ6e6vkYEc

Zeus or Jupiter do that.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, psyche101 said:
2 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Exactly.

Wrong god anyway. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8uDFkwldoGAQ6e6vkYEc

Zeus or Jupiter do that.

:lol:  :tu:

Very good point!!

And besides, what’s his reason?!?! ;)  :devil:
eta: looking at the pic you provided, I think it’s because he can’t find any toga clips. 

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Very good point!!

It was Thursday 

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, third_eye said:
2 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Very good point!!

It was Thursday 

Makes perfect sense now! ;)  :wacko:

• Haha 2

I don't think that lightening CAN hit the statue of liberty. It is an earthed metal structure, functioning like a lightening conductor. (lightening conductors - contrary to myth - do not conduct lightening to ground, but instead dissipate the buildup of electrical charge, meaning that lightening CANNOT hit them). 

The lightening - judging by the photograph - hit something near the BASE of the statue. Probably an Anti-Fa protester, or a Democrat ? 

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I don't think that lightening CAN hit the statue of liberty. It is an earthed metal structure, functioning like a lightening conductor. (lightening conductors - contrary to myth - do not conduct lightening to ground, but instead dissipate the buildup of electrical charge, meaning that lightening CANNOT hit them). 

The lightening - judging by the photograph - hit something near the BASE of the statue. Probably an Anti-Fa protester, or a Democrat ? 

You had me up til that last line I put in bold.

17 hours ago, and then said:

Docy, I don't think there is any doubt that America is going through judgment now.  I agree that we are seeing the results of spreading lawlessness. The events we are seeing are unlike anything I've ever witnessed.  We are seeing a level of anger and hatred that is totally out of scale for any rational disagreement.  The focus seems to be Trump but the level of hate, the sheer intensity of it is staggering.  It isn't just aimed at him, either.  His supporters are treated as pariahs and I've seen several people online speaking of "revenge" or holding his supporters "accountable" when he is out of office.  

There is a spirit of chaos hovering over the nation and the wider world.  I don't fear the future but I think it's time to prepare for the worst before November.

A look throughout history makes it pretty obvious that God has always favoured the freest nation at the time. Of course, that means nations have to struggled against one population segment trying to take away the freedom of others.

The USA surpassed Britain`s level of freedom in the 1940s and 1950s leading to its rise. I hope Trump makes it and continues to increase the level of freedom in US society. Dont let the extreme left close it down!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lightning hitting the Statue of Liberty is meaningless.

A plague, especially one that is announced ahead of time, is interesting.

On 7/24/2020 at 6:08 AM, docyabut2 said:

Does it hurt?

On 7/23/2020 at 3:09 PM, TigerBright19 said:

OK.  how does anyone get "New York City" from any of his writings when that city did not exist.  There were many huge city sea ports back then. 

On 8/11/2020 at 6:19 PM, Desertrat56 said:

OK.  how does anyone get "New York City" from any of his writings when that city did not exist.  There were many huge city sea ports back then. 

Predicting the future would entail that he was seeing the future.

Just now, TigerBright19 said:

Predicting the future would entail that he was seeing the future.

He Never Named New York City.

18 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

He Never Named New York City.

I assume he did not have time to read street names, but New York city is generally what people think of because for many people it is the first maritime port city that comes to mind.  I have heard that it is impossible to read words in dreams.  Same probably applies to visions of the future.  Assuming they were short and vague, one can easily interpret them to mean anything, but New York is kind of the generic port city people like to think of for upcoming earthquakes, tsunamis, disasters etc.

nyc.png

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Haha 1

New city ,could it be California? :)

Nostradamus prophecy: Quatrain 1, 87

Earthshaking fire from the centre of the earth

will cause tremors around the New City.

Two great rocks will war for a long time,

then Arethusa will redden a new river.

a earth quake ? 

https://news.yahoo.com/magnitude-3-1-earthquake-reported-092611013.html

https://www.edgarcayce.org/about-us/blog/blog-posts/predictions-from-edgar-cayce-erupting-volcanoes-and-multiple-earthquakes/#:~:text=It is among the deadliest volcanoes on the,a damaging flood from Utah to southern Nevada.

Edited by docyabut2