Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A curious case of Chico Xavier

TrumanB

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chico_Xavier

I ran to this guy while working. What is fascinating is that he wrote over 490 books and several thousand letters claiming to use a process known as "psychography". He was a medium and automatic writer. What to think of him? If he was a conman how did he become so prolific writer. The most popular cheap fiction writers write less than 200 books in their careers, most of them less than 100. And what is even more fascinating is that "the books written by Chico covered a vast range of topics from religion, philosophy, historical romances and novels, Portuguese Literature, poetry, and science, as well as thousands of letters intended to inform, console and uplift the families of deceased persons during his psychographic sessions". Is it possible to be so talented con man.

Even a judge believed him:

-A very remarkable psychography which circulated worldwide, was about a case from "Goiania" (a Brazilian city), in which José Divino Nunes, accused of murdering his best friend Maurício Henriques, was cleared from the accusation by a judge who accepted the psychography as a valid proof (among other proofs presented by the defense); a testimony from the victim himself already dead, through a psychographed letter dictated to Chico Xavier. The case took place in October 1979, in the city of Goiânia, Goiás. Thus; the supposed spirit of Maurício, freed his best friend from the accusation of murder claiming that it had been an accident.

• Like 1

and what do you think about psychography ( automatic writing ) in general?

2 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Either demonic influence, somehow able to tap into the database of the matrix, or bull.

• Like 1

My personal belief about spirit mediums or those who have the "gift" of "second sight" is that they are in contact with Demons.  These creatures have been around a VERY long time and could easily share information that would be impossible for others to have.  The word of God forbids communicating with those who have passed and I think it's because we are not to experience the other side of the veil until it is our time.

If I saw an apparition of a loved one who has passed on or if someone used psychography to communicate with my loved one, I don't care how emotionally touching the message was, I would walk away.  That's just me.  I believe we are all headed to the same destination (death) and there will be time enough for answers then.  

• Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

Either demonic influence, somehow able to tap into the database of the matrix, or bull.

It's all subconscious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TrumanB said:

Crankage. Unless your searching your own subconscious. 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Chico_Xavier

http://brazilianspiritism.blogspot.com/2018/09/chico-xavier-father-of-fakes.html

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

It's all subconscious. 

So the matrix thing. :tu:

2 minutes ago, and then said:

If I saw an apparition of a loved one who has passed on or if someone used psychography to communicate with my loved one, I don't care how emotionally touching the message was, I would walk away.  That's just me.

I spend about 10 long years trying to contact my grandfather. I realized the only afterlife he had was in my memory. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

But a internal one. 

Just now, Piney said:

But a internal one. 

What if the writing was in a language the medium could not possibly know or even a dead language?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

I think it is likely a real paranormal phenomena. The person pushes their consciousness aside  temporarily and gets willingly partially-possessed by another agency that controls the writing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

No. A brain thing. Going into a deep trance state and it become an automatic process. Kinda like doodling while letting the mind wander. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What if the writing was in a language the medium could not possibly know or even a dead language?

Have to see that to believe it. 

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

No. A brain thing. Going into a deep trance state and it become an automatic process. Kinda like doodling while letting the mind wander. 

Mines cooler.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I think it is likely a real paranormal phenomena. The person pushes their consciousness aside  temporarily and gets willingly partially-possessed by another agency that controls the writing.

It's the subconscious. The same thing that makes the ouija planchette move. Same thing that makes dowsing rods move. It also makes the pendulum moves, etc. Nothing supernatural about it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's all subconscious. 

In that case this guy from Brazil has a vaaast subconscious.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think that's a possibility mines nearly been pushed aside once or twice.  Or it could have been the shrooms :rofl:

• Haha 1

Just now, TrumanB said:

In that case this guy from Brazil has a vaaast subconscious.

Not really. Once you feed it information it'll bring stuff up. You should read the links piney provided, apparently he's a fraud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

It's the subconscious. The same thing that makes the ouija planchette move. Same thing that makes dowsing rods move. It also makes the pendulum moves, etc. Nothing supernatural about it.

The Cabal of Rational Academics all agree there is something to dowsing. There are too many geologists who are good at it. 

• Like 1

Just now, TrumanB said:

In that case this guy from Brazil has a vaaast imagination and a staff of brain pickers.

^_^

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Did it ever happen?

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Cabal of Rational Academics all agree there is something to dowsing. There are too many geologists who are good at it. 

If there is anything to it, it might have something to do with the earths magnetic field and our own bio-emf. Maybe.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think that's a possibility mines nearly been pushed aside once or twice.  Or it could have been the shrooms :rofl:

So your actually Crazy Jane from the Doom Patrol? :unsure2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

If there is anything to it, it might have something to do with the earths magnetic field and our own bio-emf. Maybe.

That's what we think. Nothing wooie.