Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A curious case of Chico Xavier

TrumanB

3 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Did it ever happen?

Not really

In the West, an early example of the practice is the 16th century Enochian language, allegedly dictated to John Dee and Edward Kelley by Enochian angels and integral to the practice of Enochian magic.[8] The language is said to be extremely detailed and complex with its own grammar and rules.[9] Dee also claimed that the Enochian instruction included information regarding the elixir of life in the ruins of Glastonbury Abbey.[9]

link

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

So your actually Crazy Jane from the Doom Patrol? :unsure2:

Or I was a student of Carlos Castaneda when I was young.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's the subconscious. The same thing that makes the ouija planchette move. Same thing that makes dowsing rods move. It also makes the pendulum moves, etc. Nothing supernatural about it.

Your personal opinion is predictable. I believe there can sometimes be discarnate entities involved.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Your personal opinion is predictable. I believe there can sometimes be discarnate entities involved.

I don't care what you think. Maybe you should try evoking some entities. You know, actually do something instead of being an armchair commando. Then again I can explain what happened if you actually did, but I know you won't. I'll give you a hint ; Subconscious Thought-form. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's all subconscious. 

Meaning the information exists within the individual who is doing the automatic writing?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't care what you think. Maybe you should try evoking some entities. You know, actually do something instead of being an armchair commando. Then again I can explain what happened if you actually did, but I know you won't. I'll give you a hint ; Subconscious Thought-form. 

I've heard you, Piney and others mention this before.  Are you saying that through some form of meditation you can bring what appears to be an entity into your presence?

• Like 1

Just now, and then said:

Meaning the information exists within the individual who is doing the automatic writing?

Meaning we process a ton of information every second of every day, much of which bypasses our conscious mind. If you ever asked yourself a question, that you didn't know the answer to and had one of those "Ah HAH" moments, then yeah, subconscious. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I don't care what you think.  

Childish response. So, should I care what you think?

I believe discarnate entities can be involved from the evidence of many cases. One evidence would be knowledge of factual things not reasonably learned through normal channels.

Just now, and then said:

I've heard you, Piney and others mention this before.  Are you saying that through some form of meditation you can bring what appears to be an entity into your presence?

A thought-form is a mental construct. If you close your eyes and imagine a deceased loved one. You've created a though-form based on them. This "avatar" is all your memories of who they once were. Good memories, bad ones. Even giving constructed answers. When I think of my deceased grandfather and asked myself what would he do, I get an answer. It isn't him, it's my idea of him.

The same thing goes into ghost, angels, demons, gods, etc. People either consciously or unconsciously create these things, and if a story is shared about a place being haunted it becomes a memetic thought-form. If you hear creaky floor boards in an abandoned house and think "It's a ghost", then tell that. Other people have experiences, add to it, someone names the ghost, it grows and grows. But the source is the human imagination. 

There is a reason why banishing rituals work within certain beliefs systems. It's because they banish the idea (fear, paranoia, whatever emotions) that surrounds it. Because people believe in it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chico_Xavier

I ran to this guy while working. What is fascinating is that he wrote over 490 books and several thousand letters claiming to use a process known as "psychography". He was a medium and automatic writer. What to think of him? If he was a conman how did he become so prolific writer. The most popular cheap fiction writers write less than 200 books in their careers, most of them less than 100. And what is even more fascinating is that "the books written by Chico covered a vast range of topics from religion, philosophy, historical romances and novels, Portuguese Literature, poetry, and science, as well as thousands of letters intended to inform, console and uplift the families of deceased persons during his psychographic sessions". Is it possible to be so talented con man.

Even a judge believed him:

-A very remarkable psychography which circulated worldwide, was about a case from "Goiania" (a Brazilian city), in which José Divino Nunes, accused of murdering his best friend Maurício Henriques, was cleared from the accusation by a judge who accepted the psychography as a valid proof (among other proofs presented by the defense); a testimony from the victim himself already dead, through a psychographed letter dictated to Chico Xavier. The case took place in October 1979, in the city of Goiânia, Goiás. Thus; the supposed spirit of Maurício, freed his best friend from the accusation of murder claiming that it had been an accident.

Look up Isaac Asimov.  He wrote on many different science subjects, essays for magazines and science fiction and mystery novels.  It is a fallacy that you quote here.  My mother knew a romance novelist that wrote 200 books in about 5 years.  She is still cranking out the books 20 years later. 

As for automatic writing, I think everyone could do it, just like a lot of other "psychic talents".  It just depends on what you pay attention to and expect.  I can't speak to Chico Xavier as I have never read anything he wrote.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Childish response. So, should I care what you think?

I believe discarnate entities can be involved from the evidence of many cases. One evidence would be knowledge of factual things not reasonably learned through normal channels.

Again, no one cares George. You never once brought your best case. I told you that I would send a demon after you, you didn't jump on that chance did you. So you either offer your best or I (possible others) dismiss you. From a real world perspective. I'm a doer, you're a wisher. Someone who's too afraid to jump into the real waters of the paranormal and test things out, look for answers. You claim to be a critical thinking, start doing it. I do not care how many stories you've read, I do not care what you believe, I would care if you actually did stuff. You're the guy whose has read a lot about brain surgery and I'm the guy who's done it. Two very different things. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@and then

There is a case of Alexandra David-Neel. Who supposedly created a visual hallucination of a friar. That went dark side. It isn't too different than creating a tulpa, which is just a very well built thought-form. Something so strong that it bleeds over into auditory, tactile, and visual hallucination category. Something similar can happen with creating the infamous "psi-ball", if you do it enough you can "see" it, but it's a trick to the eyes. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Meaning we process a ton of information every second of every day, much of which bypasses our conscious mind. If you ever asked yourself a question, that you didn't know the answer to and had one of those "Ah HAH" moments, then yeah, subconscious. 

I get that, but the issue was that people like this Chico seem to pull up accurate information that they cannot have been exposed to before.

1 minute ago, and then said:

I get that, but the issue was that people like this Chico seem to pull up accurate information that they cannot have been exposed to before.

So have I and I'm sure you have too. Even a blind hog finds an acorn occasionally. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, and then said:

Their aid/  staff does a preliminary brain picking. 

23 minutes ago, and then said:

I made people see all kinds of neat stuff. Created some spooks of my own.

It's all just thought forms.

22 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Contact something yourself then get back to us. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

I made people see all kinds of neat stuff. Created some spooks of my own.

It's all just thought forms.

Are they simply visual hallucinations or do they actually communicate with the viewer?

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Are they simply visual hallucinations or do they actually communicate with the viewer?

They are fully articulate. 

I created Bigfoot spirits and attached them to a AIM "Spiritual Leader?".

They were in her dreams and even chasing her kids around. ^_^

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Piney said:

That'll never happen.:lol:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

My strength is in rational analysis not mediumship!! I'm content to leave the mediumship to those more gifted. Let the Papameter 2.0 goes down as my legacy!

Papameter 2.0 Reading

85% Automatic Writing can be paranormally inspired     15% All conscious/subconscious creation

Confidence Level: High

Edited by papageorge1

7 hours ago, and then said:

There are very different beliefs about what is going on. Those who think they are communcating with the viewer and those that see these things as hallucinations.

• Like 1