Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Silent Majority

OverSword

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

It says we are a bunch of mind numbed zombies afraid of our own shadows.  I wonder the demographics of that study including the ages of the people.  It could also mean that we have now become a county of people in fear of the government or social media sanctions against certain opinions. 

There are other reasons.  For example, one of my brothers will not mention his political beliefs around my sister or sister in law for fear of being black sheeped and feeling unwelcome.  It's too late for me because they've known I was a libertarian for years :lol: but he does not feel comfortable or safe around their TDS.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

There are other reasons.  For example, one of my brothers will not mention his political beliefs around my sister or sister in law for fear of being black sheeped and feeling unwelcome.  It's too late for me because they've known I was a libertarian for years :lol: but he does not feel comfortable or safe around their TDS.

Oh my.  I have a cousin who's husband was a republican and even belonged to the "young republicans" in college.  Some strange organization, probably created by the party to get free help.  I was the only one he did not argue with when I mentioned politics and I never knew he was a republican until my cousin mentioned that it was strange that he did not get angry at me.  :lol:  My mother taught me you do not speak about religion, politics or sex with strangers.  Now that I am grown I understand why, she never liked conflict.

• Like 7

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

the "young republicans"

Michael J Fox's character in family ties was a young republican.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

You know, Freedom of Speech was never Freedom from Consequence.  People stopping to think about what they say is a good thing.  If it is truly important, they still can and will say it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You know, Freedom of Speech was never Freedom from Consequence.  People stopping to think about what they say is a good thing.  If it is truly important, they still can and will say it.

Freedom of speech does mean freedom from government imposed consequences though. 

You are right about other people's actions towards you though.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I think it's more like people wont say how they really feel in order not to be ostracized, but that does not change how they feel.  remember in 2016, hillary clinton was going to be the president when we woke up after election night.  Nope.

• Like 5

Chart2.jpeg?itok=FdcPj41K

Should this chart actually read Staunch Liberals are the only group arrogant enough to freely share their political opinions?  I think so.  They assume they are right and truly believe everyone else is not only wrong but also immoral.  that's where the caution or fear that people of other political persuasions come from.  They've all been intimidated away from being vocal by an oppressive minority.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Link

What does this say about us when most people are afraid to express their true feelings and beliefs?

It sounds like it is confirming what I have been thinking for a while now that the liberal politically correct viewpoint has control of the the bully pulpit. Dissenters and conservatives are implied to be just selfish, racist, narrow Neanderthals. 

People like me who are more conservative on some issues just bite our tongues saying 'let it go'. Probably if interviewed by a surveyor we would give more politically correct answers than we deeply feel. Clinton was supposed to beat Trump according to every major poll last time. People are totally alone in the voting box so Trump won.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Chart2.jpeg?itok=FdcPj41K

Should this chart actually read Staunch Liberals are the only group arrogant enough to freely share their political opinions?  I think so.  They assume they are right and truly believe everyone else is not only wrong but also immoral.  that's where the caution or fear that people of other political persuasions come from.  They've all been intimidated away from being vocal by an oppressive minority.

Because they're not near as corrupt, racist, or as greedy as Republicans "screw you, I got mine credo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think it's more like people wont say how they really feel in order not to be ostracized, but that does not change how they feel.  remember in 2016, hillary clinton was going to be the president when we woke up after election night.  Nope.

Yeah, those of us who were ostracized young don't care about that so we speak our minds and expect others to as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

They've all been intimidated away from being vocal by an oppressive minority.

Funny thing about oppression, those who are being shunned or harmed for their views tend to become hardened in those views.  I think November 3rd is going to be quite revealing.  I also believe that if internal polling for the DNC make them aware of this they may actually create violence around polling places to sow doubt about the results.  Either way, the results will not be accepted by one side or the other.  This nation is close to coming apart.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Because they're not near as corrupt, racist, or as greedy as Republicans "screw you, I got mine credo. 

See?  You prove my point.  Nobody wants to deal with that kind of abuse, especially since you have to be kind of an idiot that sees only black and white to truly believe it, so they will be more likely to not express themselves but that does not change how they feel.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yeah, those of us who were ostracized young don't care about that so we speak our minds and expect others to as well.

That's me, and I kind of have a free pass because I'm third party so feel liberated by that, but young people who identify as a republican will probably keep their mouths shut.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Because they're not near as corrupt, racist, or as greedy as Republicans

Or maybe because they control all of the platforms that are used to destroy people's lives?  Tucker Carlson was doxed awhile back and his house assaulted while his wife was home alone.  They moved and now he's saying he got a tip that the NYTs is going to do it again.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

See?  You prove my point.  Nobody wants to deal with that kind of abuse, especially since you have to be kind of an idiot that sees only black and white to truly believe it, so they will be more likely to not express themselves but that does not change how they feel.

Black and white? You mean like a Libertarian? 

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's me, and I kind of have a free pass because I'm third party so feel liberated by that, but young people who identify as a republican will probably keep their mouths shut.

Yep, me too.  I don't agree with the libertarians, but I feel I have more in common with them than the dems or reps, I am happy they are finally on the ballot in all 50 states.  The thing that surprises me is that they have a strong organization in Texas.  The Dems &Reps still control the federal elections but the local elections have libertarians and independents in office.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Black and white? You mean like a Libertarian? 

Nope.  Libertarians notably share points of view with both sides of the political spectrum.  But since we don't agree with you 100% you think it's all black and white.  You are the one seeing in black and white. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Or maybe because they control all of the platforms that are used to destroy people's lives?  Tucker Carlson was doxed awhile back and his house assaulted while his wife was home alone.  They moved and now he's saying he got a tip that the NYTs is going to do it 

Don't bother replying to me anymore, because you wont get an answer. Your stance is as clear as glass, and I'm not wasting any more air on an extinct dinosaur. I'd  get more intelligent conversation from farm animals. You got yours, screw everybody else. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Don't bother replying to me anymore, because you wont get an answer. Your stance is as clear as glass, and I'm not wasting any more air on an extinct dinosaur. I'd  get more intelligent conversation from farm animals. You got yours, screw everybody else. 

Prove it again and again.  No room for conversation.  PS you can block him.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, and then said:

Or maybe because they control all of the platforms that are used to destroy people's lives?  Tucker Carlson was doxed awhile back and his house assaulted while his wife was home alone.  They moved and now he's saying he got a tip that the NYTs is going to do it again.  

Something that confuses me is why don't the Conservatives turn around and do the exact same thing to the Left?  Why? Why? Why?  :lol:

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but srsly, this behaviour is so hypocritical of the left.  It's evolved into a hilarious meme on the Right, because yes, you guessed it, the Left can't meme to save their lives. :P 

Disclaimer: I'm being facetious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It turns out that, shock of all shocks, being a racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic jackoff has social consequences.

**** I'm autistic and I know that, what's their excuse?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1