Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The government has recovered UFO debris

Dr. Eric W. Davis, PhD. (Astrophysics, University of Arizona, 1991) seems to be interested in a number of 'cutting edge' areas of science. He has remarked  about the alleged recovered materials from UAPs, reporting that 'examination of the materials had so far failed to determine the source'. He stated that 'we couldn't make it ourselves'. When an actual physicist talks like that, it might be a good idea to take some notice. I await  news of whatever information the Pentagon's UFO Unit is preparing to release, with considerable interest.

Edited by bison

20 minutes ago, bison said:

When an actual physicist talks like that, it might be a good idea to take some notice

it might be a good idea for you- i'm sure Dr. Eric W. Davis, PhD has enough 'taking notice' == book sales etc....

not a good idea for me though, & many others no doubt  .. but there you go, what do we know!? eeer actually nothing, just like you with regards to facts;)

Edited by Dejarma

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

it might be a good idea for you- i'm sure Dr. Eric W. Davis, PhD has enough 'taking notice' == book sales etc....

not a good idea for me though, & many others no doubt  .. but there you go, what do we know!? eeer actually nothing, just like you with regards to facts;)

You have it all figured out, evidently. I, for one, would love to see any evidence that may be presented.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bison said:

Dr. Eric W. Davis, PhD. (Astrophysics, University of Arizona, 1991) seems to be interested in a number of 'cutting edge' areas of science. He has remarked  about the alleged recovered materials from UAPs, reporting that 'examination of the materials had so far failed to determine the source'. He stated that 'we couldn't make it ourselves'. When an actual physicist talks like that, it might be a good idea to take some notice. I await  news of whatever information the Pentagon's UFO Unit is preparing to release, with considerable interest.

Whenever an individual makes sweeping statements like that, you should be always be skeptical. I'll never forget back in 1989 when two electrochemists with PhDs declared to the world that nuclear fusion was the only explanation for the results of an experiment they performed.

• Like 4

Granted, even scientists make mistakes, as we all do. This general fact tells us nothing, though, about the validity of Dr. Davis conclusions, in particular.  Natural caution about such a large claim, and its implications, is precisely why I hope to see something both substantive, and substantiating of Dr. Davis' remarks, in whatever  information the Pentagon group is preparing to release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeekTruth said:

You have it all figured out, evidently. I, for one, would love to see any evidence that may be presented.

no i do not have it all figured out.. it's just me putting forward an opinion using the power of history..i too would love to see any evidence that may be presented, but most know there will be none worth anything. 

do you have anything else to say? just out of interest

• Like 2

Since you can't believe most of what is reported by Fox, I doubt it will change anything at all. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I don't frequent Fox News. Read about Dr. Davis' conclusions, and the expected  Pentagon release of UAP information, in the New York Times. Please see the link below:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/us/politics/pentagon-ufo-harry-reid-navy.html?searchResultPosition=2

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bison said:

Dr. Eric W. Davis, PhD. (Astrophysics, University of Arizona, 1991) seems to be interested in a number of 'cutting edge' areas of science. He has remarked  about the alleged recovered materials from UAPs, reporting that 'examination of the materials had so far failed to determine the source'. He stated that 'we couldn't make it ourselves'. When an actual physicist talks like that, it might be a good idea to take some notice. I await  news of whatever information the Pentagon's UFO Unit is preparing to release.

I think I will just quote chrLzs on this one... I'll be delighted to be proven wrong, but would suggest that UFO=alienz fanatics restrain your enthusiasm and be prepared for the usual letdown. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

After reading the personal testimonies of many military and civilian witnesses in the book  "Witness to Roswell" by Thomas Carey and Don Schmitt, I have zero doubt whether we have been visited - and I'd certainly look forward to admittance of that fact by our government - finally.

So, all it takes for you to believe in something as extraordinary as ET visitation is testimony... without any supporting evidence, no peer review, at all??

That is so beyond gullible its almost adorable. :lol:

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

restrain your enthusiasm

enthusiasm          check

restraining it         check

"Saying" they have tangible evidence is one thing....showing and proving it is quite another

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, khol said:

enthusiasm          check

restraining it         check

"Saying" they have tangible evidence is one thing....showing and proving it is quite another

That has always been the thing over the 30 years I have been doing this. 

Full Disclosure is always just around the corner, any day now... and it always stays there.

Im starting to think that these are all charlatans who want to suck money from the gullible believers, have their day in the spotlights... and that there is nothing to disclose at all? :P

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

and that there is nothing to disclose at all? :P

People and goverments in this world are so corrupt anything is possible. Disinformation tactics ad infinitum... lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, astrobeing said:

I'll never forget back in 1989 when two electrochemists with PhDs declared to the world that nuclear fusion was the only explanation for the results of an experiment they performed.

I think you ment to write cold fusion, right? :tu:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

Im starting to think that these are all charlatans who want to suck money from the gullible believers, have their day in the spotlights... and that there is nothing to disclose at all? 

Same can be said for the paranormal crowd. They do similar. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Same can be said for the paranormal crowd. They do similar. 

Absolutely.

Its the What If that sells.

• Like 5

Just now, Hazzard said:

Absolutely.

Its the What If that sells.

The What IF is a whole lotta nothing.

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The What IF is a whole lotta nothing.

Oh, ye of little faith!  :D

• Haha 1

I am a molecular biologist that deals primarily in virology. I have learned that when I need an opinion on an aspect of a phylogenetic tree of a critter I go to someone that is an expert in that field. I guess to be clear; I completely believe that we should trust opinions of a subject with more weight by those that are experts in that area.

I lean towards the belief  that Aliens either are in our air space from time to time or a country has technology from Aliens and are in our air space from time to time. Why? Because I put MUCH more weight on pilot testimony than internet debunking warriors. Pilots live above the cloud line. They have nothing to gain (reputation to lose) by reporting what they see. And in the last 60 years we have pilot after pilot testimony.

One likes to think they are bright enough to realize the volume of knowledge they do not know. I love to read forums like these because they sort of make me chuckle with coffee in the mornings. So many people feel safe with their bedrock belief that everything is known and figured out from antiquity to now. It's cute.

What will be "disclosed" tonight? I don't know. There is a high probability it will be a let down. But the fact that a conservative "news" outlet is rolling with this... tells me times are changing.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

I think you meant to write cold fusion, right? :tu:

No, I meant for people to remember cold fusion, that solution to all of our energy problems thirty years ago.

After all, two brainiacs with PhDs went on national television to tell us they created fusion in a bottle so who were we to question their conclusions, right? Sure, they didn't do any obvious tests for fusion like measure neutron emissions, but surely they concluded it was fusion because they were so smart.

18 hours ago, Nobu said:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6174546210001#sp=show-clips

tomorrow may change a lot of things.

or people.

Its probably just written as a sensationalist story.

What will most likely happen is we find out they have been crowing ultra pure superconductors on that secret mini-space shuttle or something. Or some other material we cannot make down here on earth.