Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

ET will have to accept Christ to enter Heaven

187 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

RoofGardener
5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

God doesn't like competition and is jealous of other gods. 

"Thou shalt not submit thy god to market forces"   :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
XenoFish
3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Right!  And then in the next sentence remember, "There is only ONE god!"   :lol: 

What if the aliens have a better religion? Anyone think of that? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

What if the aliens have a better religion? Anyone think of that? 

What I have thought of is that aliens probably have no religion, but then I am jaded about religion so that may be wishful thinking IF I believed they were really here or would land any day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

What I have thought of is that aliens probably have no religion, but then I am jaded about religion so that may be wishful thinking IF I believed they were really here or would land any day.

The only way we can really solve any of our questions is to actually talk with the aliens themselves. For now we speculate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2

Angels are the ones in our lives, there are no aliens; I have many angels in my life one girl ava  in my son`s life that died but lifted me  ") my son almost died from falling off a bridge 40 feet and landed on rail road tracks that survived  he is a walking miracle.  he sang that song to her before she died. She was a angel")

 

 

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
On 9/16/2020 at 7:21 PM, RoofGardener said:

 

It did. Lucifer was part of the original management team, and hence tried to subvert heaven from within. However, God orchestrated a boardroom reshuffle with extreme prejudice, and Lucifer had all of his stock options withdrawn !!

In biblical terms it was an actual war in heaven, which god won and satan /lucifer lost (2/3rds of the angels remained loyal to god. 1/3 sided with lucifer)

  In the story the devil and the fallen angels retreated to /were banished to, earth, because humans had sided with satan.  Revelations describes the final battle, and its results, via prophecy.

I see it as an allegorical explanation for the human condition. 

  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
On 9/17/2020 at 12:33 AM, XenoFish said:

What if the aliens have a better religion? Anyone think of that? 

Many science fiction writers, and even anthropologists who study the effect of christianity, combined with superior european technology on indigenous people during the colonisation period  ie Many indigenous people took up christianity because it was the religion of people who seemed to be very powerful.

This even goes back to the first centuries of christianity, where many (less"civilised")  people adopted it, after it became associated with the power of the Roman empire .  

A religion of  the powerful  is often seen as "better"  than a religion of the weaker 

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
11 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Many science fiction writers, and even anthropologists who study the effect of christianity, combined with superior european technology on indigenous people during the colonisation period  ie Many indigenous people took up christianity because it was the religion of people who seemed to be very powerful.

This even goes back to the first centuries of christianity, where many (less"civilised")  people adopted it, after it became associated with the power of the Roman empire .  

A religion of  the powerful  is often seen as "better"  than a religion of the weaker 

I think it was adopted because the choices were adopt the religion, hide from the invaders or die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
14 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think it was adopted because the choices were adopt the religion, hide from the invaders or die.

Sometimes that might be true, but anthropology says that people tend to adopt the religious practices of invaders because they perceive the invader as more powerful,  and with more  material wealth and thus their religion a s more powerful/beneficial.In this view religions serve the needs of people, and people swap to religions they think will serve them better  

This might not work with modern people and alien invaders :) 

In most cases religion wasn't forced on people, and old religions coexisted with the new ones for a while  (I might be prejudiced in coming from  a non catholic part of the new world The y may have been less tolerant of other beliefs) Sometimes people followed their leaders example if he/she converted, but often it was just people wanting a better, more prosperous life, and thinking this would come with a new religion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2

 Aliens ?  Some think Jesus came on a space ship,the coming of his star. Some think the 99% dna from the chimpanzees we are from, the 1% is from the alien. so if aliens came here on ships thousands and thousand's years ago and made us. They`d still be traveling  back and fourth to where they came from , so wouldn't SETI  see their ships coming back and fourth, not just see them flying around :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

 Aliens ?  Some think Jesus came on a space ship,the coming of his star. Some think the 99% dna from the chimpanzees we are from, the 1% is from the alien. so if aliens came here on ships thousands and thousand's years ago and made us. They`d still be traveling  back and fourth to where they came from , so wouldn't SETI  see their ships coming back and fourth, not just see them flying around :) 

I had to look this up.  So apparently chimp DNA is 98.8% the same as human DNA, which does not mean we evolved from Chimps or any other primate.  It also does not mean we are created from aliens manipulating primate DNA.

https://www.genome.gov/about-genomics/fact-sheets/Comparative-Genomics-Fact-Sheet

"A study discovered that about 60 percent of genes are conserved between fruit flies and humans, meaning that the two organisms appear to share a core set of genes. Two-thirds of human genes known to be involved in cancer have counterparts in the fruit fly."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I had to look this up.  So apparently chimp DNA is 98.8% the same as human DNA, which does not mean we evolved from Chimps or any other primate.  It also does not mean we are created from aliens manipulating primate DNA.

https://www.genome.gov/about-genomics/fact-sheets/Comparative-Genomics-Fact-Sheet

"A study discovered that about 60 percent of genes are conserved between fruit flies and humans, meaning that the two organisms appear to share a core set of genes. Two-thirds of human genes known to be involved in cancer have counterparts in the fruit fly."

I just don't believe there are any aliens from another planet :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.