Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Next Phase

Humbled Hypocrite83

No one is paying attention.I honestly haven't been to church much or lived that lifestyle, which I'm sure I'll regret.But this will all get ugly soon enough and abruptly. The trumpets sounded in 2016 check youtube for videos yes I said you tube some maybe fake but using common sense some are real.Then all the fires hit gradually throughout the world. Now we got Japan Fukushima . Do I need to give it all away? Our president is Donald Trump lmao!! How ironic lol

Is this a religious thread, prophetic thread, or political? Choose one. 

I personally don't like a religious political mix. 

There is an entire section of UM for you to bash trump in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

:o.........Oh dear.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

But this will all get ugly soon enough and abruptly.

Seriously?  "will" get ugly?  

I think we are on our way down a steep hill.  The scripture refers to this time as being like "labor pains".  The events will get more serious and the escalations more rapid in the months ahead.  I disagree about those weird sounds, I think those were mostly faked.  Yes, the world HAS seen many flash points and their numbers are increasing.  Why is a Trump presidency "ironic"?  I was totally amazed when he won in 2016.  I didn't believe he had any chance.  If he wins again, I will have ZERO doubt that he was placed in the job by God.  Before anyone begins to hyperventilate, that doesn't mean I think he IS a god or that he's anything more than a VERY flawed human being.  But if the man can get re-elected, it will be a miracle.

This world is going through some serious disruptions and I don't think our lives will ever return to what was.  It begins to look like November is going to be a wild time.  I don't think the Democrats will acknowledge Trump as the winner, even if he were to amass a landslide of votes.  The Left have basically declared war.  

Are you familiar with the Olivet Discourse?  Christ is answering His disciple's questions about "the end of the age and His return"  As a kid, I always wondered why He said:

Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.  It seemed like He was saying the same thing, twice.  IIRC, the Greek for "nation" could be translated as "ethnos".  In THAT context, the things happening today fit the prophecy perfectly.  IOW, countries will rise against each other and so will ethnic divisions.  Basically He seemed to be saying the whole world would be consumed in strife and struggle.  We're getting really close to that now.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I personally don't like a religious political mix

I can see how that might cause problems ;)   The truth, IMO, is that for those of us who actually believe the predictions, religion and politics will be so intertwined that they'll be indistinguishable.  It will also cause a lot of those here who break out in hives at the mention of the BOM, to need meds and therapy :w00t:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

The generation of his disciples cir 60-70 AD, so it's here and gone.

Yes, that's the translation that is accepted by Preterists.  As you might imagine, not everyone agrees that all prophecy has been fulfilled.  The context Christ was speaking in was a description of the "last days" or a time yet future, when He would return.  I have no idea when it will occur and anyone who says they KNOW, is either lying or deluded.  But I have every confidence that the stage is not only set, the musicians are warming up.   One way or the other, it's going to be a terrible time for most people and roughly 2/3 of the world population will not be alive at the conclusion of these troubles.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

No one is paying attention.I honestly haven't been to church much or lived that lifestyle, which I'm sure I'll regret.But this will all get ugly soon enough and abruptly. The trumpets sounded in 2016 check youtube for videos yes I said you tube some maybe fake but using common sense some are real.Then all the fires hit gradually throughout the world. Now we got Japan Fukushima . Do I need to give it all away? Our president is Donald Trump lmao!! How ironic lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, and then said:

Yes, that's the translation that is accepted by Preterists.  As you might imagine, not everyone agrees that all prophecy has been fulfilled.  The context Christ was speaking in was a description of the "last days" or a time yet future, when He would return.  I have no idea when it will occur and anyone who says they KNOW, is either lying or deluded.  But I have every confidence that the stage is not only set, the musicians are warming up.   One way or the other, it's going to be a terrible time for most people and roughly 2/3 of the world population will not be alive at the conclusion of these troubles.  

Not anyone who actually can read it in the original Koine. I can. 

Would you like to discuss the various nuances which are missed by most English translations? Including the very obvious 3 edits by it's 2 authors? Perhaps the lack of historicity of many of the events therein. 

The "Preterists" are 99% of Mainstream Christianity. Including the  Episcopalians,  Methodists, Presbyterians, Catholics, Amish-Mennonites and Theistic Quakers.

It's only American Evangelicals who aren't, and they can't read Koine. 

Edited by Piney
The Bible is poop
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

When God regrets drowning babies, he'll burn them instead. 

:lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

is this a religious thread

well we can rule that one out because the OP says: I honestly haven't been to church much or lived that lifestyle

;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, and then said:

The truth, IMO, is that for those of us who actually believe the predictions, religion and politics will be so intertwined that they'll be indistinguishable.

Then you and yours are the source of these problems. You can't keep your stuff separate. You created a self-fulfilling prophecy of destruction, with the childish hope that Jesus will save you, etc. I would think that being a smart religious follower and knowing these predictions, the idea would be to prevent them. From what I can tell ya'll are putting something in the microwave when the warning label says "Do Not Microwave!".

The only thing good that's come out of the middle east is oil, and even that is debatable. I guess that's why I like the eastern point of view. You either reincarnate or dissolve into the no-thingness from which you came. No angry gods, no demi-god saviors. Nothing like that. 

• Like 3

I'm not getting into doomsday. I see certain ppl are stuck in certain ways and I'm ok with that I will push no agenda... shut it down

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

I'm not getting into doomsday. I see certain ppl are stuck in certain ways and I'm ok with that I will push no agenda... shut it down

Then what are you going on about? Is this some conspiracy thing? Religious thing? Do explain. Yes the world is a screwed up mess and for the most part it is social media's fault. The sheer amount of memetic viruses floating about is insane. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

I wouldn’t necessarily shut it down so fast, what you said may not be that far off the mark.  As it has been said, those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it - or some such thing.  And in association with that is it’s opposite, namely that we can learn from what people have done in the past because, we will do it again.

People - nations - struggle for resources.  They (we) will fight and kill for it.  There are plenty of skilled people in this world and necessity makes them prosper.  Nations have plans to kill each other, this is just known from general principle.

• Like 1

King james version of the bible gives all away to me I see the truth like none can its unreal because I've never been able to understand it

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

Its religious I'm afraid

Religious is a good word.  It couldn’t be “God” because if there be God to create everything and thought that people needed killin we’d all be dead already.  A precise builder would also be an unparalleled destroyer, IMHO.

But then, who knows?  All I can say with a certain degree of certainty for myself is that the Bible prophecies are not in play.  At all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

King james version of the bible gives all away to me I see the truth like none can its unreal because I've never been able to understand it

You mean you've looked into the eyes of the collective thought-virus with it's billion tendrils and gaping maw?

• The topic was locked