Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry and Meghan book reveals why royal rift

Still Waters

Harry and Meghan felt they had been patronised "for too long" by other royals and members of staff, according to a new book which is believed to give an insight into why they left the UK for America.

The couple became disillusioned with the Royal Family and there was a culture of increasing tension between the pair and Buckingham Palace, it is claimed.

The authors say the Duke and Duchess of Sussex felt their complaints were not taken seriously and believed other royal households were leaking stories about them to the press.

https://news.sky.com/story/harry-and-meghan-became-disillusioned-with-the-royal-family-new-biography-claims-12035842

Harry and Meghan considered breaking protocol by springing a surprise visit on the Queen when they believed they were being blocked from seeing the monarch, a new book claims.

Finding Freedom, serialised by The Times and Sunday Times, says the Sussexes were "unable to secure time with the Queen" despite repeated follow-ups with Buckingham Palace.

Harry was told his grandmother would not be available until 29 January.

https://news.sky.com/story/harry-and-meghan-book-claims-they-nearly-broke-protocol-to-spring-surprise-visit-on-queen-because-he-felt-blocked-12035917

New Harry and Meghan book portrays Royal Family as uncaring and dysfunctional

https://news.sky.com/story/new-harry-and-meghan-book-portrays-royal-family-as-uncaring-and-dysfunctional-12035952

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

New Harry and Meghan book portrays Royal Family as uncaring and dysfunctional

Like all the other Old Money Gentry .............

.........Bloody "Game of Thrones" with social media and cocaine..........

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Off with 'er head... 

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, seanjo said:

He'll be back when she dumps him.

I agree.

Meghan has been a disaster for the Royals, but she will move on to Husband #3 soon anyway.

Harry's financial support from Prince Charles comes with conditions, I imagine, and she won't put up with that for long.

Edited by acute
  • Like 4

The decision to break from royal duties looks now like a gambit to increase their status within the firm. Instead they were told not to let the door hit them on the way out. 

This response is looking better by the day. ;)   

• Like 3

Harry and Meghan did not contribute to the book, so there is really nothing new and personal from them.

hmbook2.png

hmbook.png

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Like 1

It won't surprise me if he finds himself alone, paying LARGE to visit his child and feeling like a total ASS.

• Like 3

On 7/26/2020 at 2:05 AM, and then said:

It won't surprise me if he finds himself alone, paying LARGE to visit his child and feeling like a total ASS.

I don't think they will split up, but I do think Harry is not happy. Their marriage has caused a lot of problems, I think it's sad the way things have turned out.

After finding their freedom at last, Harry and Meghan have never appeared more trapped

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/having-finally-found-freedom-harry-171700728.html

• Like 3

On 7/25/2020 at 12:43 PM, Still Waters said:

Harry and Meghan felt they had been patronised "for too long" by other royals and members of staff, according to a new book which is believed to give an insight into why they left the UK for America.

The couple became disillusioned with the Royal Family and there was a culture of increasing tension between the pair and Buckingham Palace, it is claimed.

The authors say the Duke and Duchess of Sussex felt their complaints were not taken seriously and believed other royal households were leaking stories about them to the press.

https://news.sky.com/story/harry-and-meghan-became-disillusioned-with-the-royal-family-new-biography-claims-12035842

So their finances are already running low?

While Harry was never going to be King I dont understand why he left Royalty for an actress. He could have had got himself married off to a princess and still found himself as a king somewhere. 

• Like 1

Harry's worth 40 million so i hear, and Megan at least 5 mil. People sound like they want their relationship to fail.

• Like 4

On 7/27/2020 at 7:58 AM, Still Waters said:

I don't think they will split up, but I do think Harry is not happy.

I hope they make it, long term.  I'll admit to a certain fondness and a serious degree of respect for both of Diana's sons.  Harry, especially, seemed to be a warrior type, a man's man.  The fact that he volunteered to serve in Afghanistan really impressed me.  When he fell for the entertainer he seemed to willingly allow her to subsume him.  He seems like his role is to feed her ego.  All married guys do this to one extent or another and that's perfectly natural but with Harry and Meghan, I don't get the feeling that he's the final word on most things.  But that's just an opinion :) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, and then said:

I don't get the feeling that he's the final word on most things. 

What man is? :lol:

Meghan and I were at the same restaurant once (before she and Harry were an item) and she seemed quite lovely. When they started dating, everyone here in downtown Toronto knew when Harry was here to see her as it was hard to miss his motorcade.

I will never understand why Meghan has been so vilified by the press. They excoriate her at every turn. Actually, I do understand. She is a strong, intelligent, and articulate woman. She is also black (and an American). So no surprise she faced (and continues to) such an onslaught of sexist and racist attacks by those jerks.

She was a breath of fresh air in that dysfunctional family. Their loss, not hers.

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Minor correction.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

I hope they make it, long term.  I'll admit to a certain fondness and a serious degree of respect for both of Diana's sons.  Harry, especially, seemed to be a warrior type, a man's man.  The fact that he volunteered to serve in Afghanistan really impressed me.  When he fell for the entertainer he seemed to willingly allow her to subsume him.  He seems like his role is to feed her ego.  All married guys do this to one extent or another and that's perfectly natural but with Harry and Meghan, I don't get the feeling that he's the final word on most things.  But that's just an opinion :) 

She does seem to be the one that wears the trousers.

Imagine the argument behind the scenes when he turned up to meet Trump after the way she bad mouthed him (yes, you can see him at the Palace in the background).

She seems quite demanding, I wonder if this is why her first marriage failed?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

What man is? :lol:

Meghan and I were at the same restaurant once (before she and Harry were an item) and she seemed quite lovely. When they started dating, everyone here in downtown Toronto knew when Harry was here to see her as it was hard to miss his motorcade.

I will never understand why Meghan has been so vilified by the press. They excoriate her at every turn. Actually, I do understand. She is a strong, intelligent, and articulate woman. She is also black (and an American). So no surprise she faced (and continues to) such an onslaught of sexist and racist attacks by those jerks.

She was a breath of fresh air in that dysfunctional family. Their loss, not hers.

Newsflash - Megan and Harry join Antifa.

I said Harry, but he was told too by her lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

She was a breath of fresh air in that dysfunctional family.

Normally, I'd agree but she had to know what was going to be required when she decided to marry the guy.  I'm not referring to her having a duty to put up with racist attacks but marrying into the Royal Family isn't something she could have done without being aware of the stresses.  I wish the two of them a long, happy, healthy life together.  Maybe it's my southern upbringing but when a husband voluntarily subordinates himself, publicly, as often as Harry does, right or wrong, it leaves an impression of weakness and I never thought of him that way before.

To be clear, I am NOT saying that he should force her to take a secondary role.  Both spouses can share all decisions and deliberations but when the consistent impression of a couple is that the guy is purely in a support role, it tends to limit how he is viewed by other men.  That's one of those things from the Boomer generation that we take as a given.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, and then said:

Normally, I'd agree but she had to know what was going to be required when she decided to marry the guy.  I'm not referring to her having a duty to put up with racist attacks but marrying into the Royal Family isn't something she could have done without being aware of the stresses. 

She appeared to be quite up to the task. It was Harry who wasn't. He was the one who wanted out, not her. 

3 hours ago, and then said:

Maybe it's my southern upbringing but when a husband voluntarily subordinates himself, publicly, as often as Harry does, right or wrong, it leaves an impression of weakness and I never thought of him that way before.

Maybe it's my northern upbringing, but to me it leaves an impression of strength. The men in my family, for example, are extremely strong/confident and back down to no one, with one exception: the women in the family. They are quite happy to step back and let us shine (and be in charge). It's what gentlemen do. 

21 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

They are quite happy to step back and let us shine (and be in charge). It's what gentlemen do. 

It has nothing to do with being a gentlemen. That is just called being a normal human being. 

12 minutes ago, Leon G said:

It has nothing to do with being a gentlemen. That is just called being a normal human being. 

So a gentleman is not a normal human being? Well okay then.

4 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

So a gentleman is not a normal human being? Well okay then.

Not what I said.

Maybe harry did some digging into his families past,and didn't like what he found.and decided he didn't want any part of it.

• Like 1

They remind me of Edward and Wallis.  It is said that Edward liked Wallis to be the alpha in their relationship and that he liked to beg and be whipped in the bedroom department.  Must be genetic because Harry loves to be dominated by Meghan.  British aristocracy has always been peculiar like that.  Master and servant roleplaying and being crumpet mad.  Just ask randy Andy.

He's off again.  "Come back Andy.  You've forgot your trousers this time."

Benny Hill Gif - GIF - Imgur

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leon G said:

Not what I said.

Yes I know. You missed my point.

Not all so-called normal human beings possess the attributes of a gentleman.

11 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

Maybe harry did some digging into his families past,and didn't like what he found.and decided he didn't want any part of it.

Maybe he did a secret DNA test and discovered he was a Hewitt who his mother is known to have had an affair with?

Edited by Cookie Monster