Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The G1 Quarry Conundrum

Thanos5150

On 8/7/2020 at 11:13 AM, Thanos5150 said:

It is strange to me how difficult it has been over the years to get anyone to contribute/participate to the subject of earlier occupation of Giza and other pyramid sites. Mainstream and fringe alike-does not matter. At this point I am almost as equally interested in why this is as obviously one would think this would be as interesting a subject as any if not more so given its relevance and importance to both camps. 

The exact same problem is encountered when one tries to bring up the Mississippian culture. When I visited Cahokia several years ago, I was shocked to learn that only 1% of the site has been excavated. They built large cities and mounds from the Great Lakes to the Gulf, with extensive trade routes and yet there seems to be no interest in research.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 1:43 PM, Harte said:

The fringe by and large has to ignore any earlier occupation at Giza because so many of their claims rely on advanced civilizations or aliens. They are forced to look away from any evidence in hand because it would negate much of what they say. Also, they can't have their readership too knowledgeable on the subject or they'll get off the hook.

Harte

My impression over the years is that it is an inconvenient truth for both parties. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gaden said:

The exact same problem is encountered when one tries to bring up the Mississippian culture. When I visited Cahokia several years ago, I was shocked to learn that only 1% of the site has been excavated. They built large cities and mounds from the Great Lakes to the Gulf, with extensive trade routes and yet there seems to be no interest in research.

You can’t have people knowing what the First Peoples of the America’s were REALLY like, otherwise all the Chads and Karen’s might start feeling bad about all the invasion, murder, rape, plague blankets and broken deals that happened instead of being able to fool themselves into thinking that their ancestors brought “civilisation” to a bunch of “primitives”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They never should have acted like they were better than the Natives, who invaded, murdered, raped and broke deals getting hold of the territory they "traditionally" were in.

Harte

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You can’t have people knowing what the First Peoples of the America’s were REALLY like, otherwise all the Chads and Karen’s might start feeling bad about all the invasion, murder, rape, plague blankets and broken deals that happened instead of being able to fool themselves into thinking that their ancestors brought “civilisation” to a bunch of “primitives”.

Well no one gets upset that Anatolian farmers, folks from the Steppes, people from x and y all showed up at some point and brought civilization to somebody else all over the globe. It is interesting to consider what the Americas might have produced in the way of civilizations had they started on those paths a little earlier than they did.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gaden said:

With Trading Centers all up and down the Eastern Seaboard.

In Savannah Georgia There was a huge Arawak-Taino trading center, destroyed. 75- 85% of the mounds, destroyed.  The Algonquian speaking Meadowood Culture dominated the Northeast in trade during the Early Woodland......90 percent of sites.....destroyed.....etc.....etc.......etc........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harte said:

They never should have acted like they were better than the Natives, who invaded, murdered, raped and broke deals getting hold of the territory they "traditionally" were in.

Harte

The Athapaskan ancestors of the Apache and Navajo crossed the Bering in boats during the Terminal Archaic, ran from a volcano in Alaska. Then killed and/or ate anyone in their way. 

But the Athapaskan did bring the bow and arrow to NA. ^_^ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Well no one gets upset that Anatolian farmers, folks from the Steppes, people from x and y all showed up at some point and brought civilization to somebody else all over the globe. 

Oh...? 

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Athapaskan ancestors of the Apache and Navajo crossed the Bering in boats during the Terminal Archaic, ran from a volcano in Alaska. Then killed and/or ate anyone in their way. 

Martha.JPG.8cf910a954b2d8f335c7cc61ab6371c2.JPG

Harte

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

Well no one gets upset that Anatolian farmers, folks from the Steppes, people from x and y all showed up at some point and brought civilization to somebody else all over the globe. It is interesting to consider what the Americas might have produced in the way of civilizations had they started on those paths a little earlier than they did.

...you could ask the Basques.

—Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

I've seen you mention this before and didn't get a chance to ask; How do we know this?

My apologies to the op, but, if I started a thread it would probably last half a page.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hanslune said:

PFFT... I still don’t forgive Fnarg the Bossy for telling people that banging rocks together makes fire better than waiting for Geff the Skycracker to provide some.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Gaden said:

I've seen you mention this before and didn't get a chance to ask; How do we know this?

Historical records, Artifact shows and salvage digs.

People were potholing the mounds since the colonial era. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

The Basques have issues about being the Anatolian Farmers. :unsure2:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

@kmt_sesh

Hello Jono! It's good to see you. I hope your doing well. :)

Hey there, 

Hey there, Piney. Good to hear from you. I actually lurk here at least once a day. I decided to get back  to regular posting after I get out  of this rehab place for good (I hope!). Until then you may sense my lurking and playing with your chainsaw.

• Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Hey there, 

Hey there, Piney. Good to hear from you. I actually lurk here at least once a day. I decided to get back  to regular posting after I get out  of this rehab place for good (I hope!). Until then you may sense my lurking and playing with your chainsaw.

A899C313-B272-4F69-A36F-1DAB5EB29F4A.jpeg.bd5c298339280d6dfcf86343d9c0081a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph

Or just about any one from the Ubaidians, Welsh and Ainu, etc, etc who got overrun.Rather common unfortunately.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Hey there,

Good to hear from you Kmt_Sesh!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Piney said:

Historical records, Artifact shows and salvage digs.

People were potholing the mounds since the colonial era. 

I wasn't clear about my question, How is it known that the Athapaskan introduced the bow and arrow to NA?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gaden said:

I wasn't clear about my question, How is it known that the Athapaskan introduced the bow and arrow to NA?

The trail of lithics (arrowheads) that began to appear leading from Alaska to the East and down into the Woodlands during the Hopewell Horizon.

What most people think are arrowheads are actually spearheads for foreshafts.  Arrowheads at first  were smaller triangles and later what advo guys would call "birdpoints". 

Not to be mistaken for the Late Archaic triangle point which was big and clunky. 

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Or just about any one from the Ubaidians, Welsh and Ainu, etc, etc who got overrun.Rather common unfortunately.

The Ainu probably came from Siberia at the same time as the Yamato came from Korea. Some groups still reside there. 

The Emishi were the ones who were warred against and absorbed and might of not been related to the Ainu at all. 

• Like 4