Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video of ghost following a cat goes viral

Eldorado

"Spooky CCTV footage appears to show a cat being followed by the ghost of its feline friend.

"The footage that has gone viral on the various platforms of the social media on internet, shows Topsy crossing the frame in front of two parked cars when the ghostly outline of a cat seems to appear out of thin air behind the pet."

Full monty at AryNews dot tv: https://arynews.tv/en/video-of-ghost-following-a-cat-goes-viral/

The Sun at Twitter:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This is the dumbest claim for a video I've seen in a long time. A white cat followed by a brown cat and morons lose it and call the brown cat a ghost.

Common sense is utterly dead.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, moonman said:

A white cat followed by a brown cat

Isn't it a white cat followed by a translucent cat?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Are there no standards for 'paranormal'? 

When it comes to entertainment and views? No, Not really. :D

• Haha 2

Papameter 2.0 Reading

Paranormal 30%     70% Normal

Confidence Level :  Very Low

Considerations: Cat can be similar to pavement color

Tail in particular looks oddly unformed

Pavement does show distortion suggesting some translucence

Cat ghosts are out there!

What we need is an eyewitness too with a cat count

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Trelane said:

If there are cat ghosts, are there dinosaur ghosts too?

IMO, not likely. Astral entities even have a life expectancy. They are not permanent. Animal astral entities are restricted to higher end domesticated animals as they have developed greater sophistication from human contact. 

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

I kind of agree with PapaG.

Some animals survive for a time after physical death, depending on the amount of love they are given.

Love = Energy in such cases.

Unfortunately, we don't know enough background to this story to know what may be happening.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Kaikou said:

When it comes to entertainment and views? No, Not really. :D

That's what I've come to expect. All an attention grab. 

• Like 1

Apart from being pretty easy to fake, the image is in black and white and with low resolution and low greyscale depth.  That can cause a grey object that is close in colour to the background grey, eg the paving, to get lost in that background grey, in part because of what's called "jpeg quantisation".  It's essentially a compression issue that results in loss of detail and in this case, (apparent) translucency...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Apart from being pretty easy to fake, the image is in black and white and with low resolution and low greyscale depth.  That can cause a grey object that is close in colour to the background grey, eg the paving, to get lost in that background grey, in part because of what's called "jpeg quantisation".  It's essentially a compression issue that results in loss of detail and in this case, (apparent) translucency...

Nobody likes a besserwisser!  ;)

I stand by my previous comment, though.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, acute said:

I kind of agree with PapaG.

Some animals survive for a time after physical death, depending on the amount of love they are given.

Love = Energy in such cases.

Unfortunately, we don't know enough background to this story to know what may be happening.

Now I know why I've never seen a ghost spider, snake or bug.. No one loves them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Now I know why I've never seen a ghost spider, snake or bug.. No one loves them.

They are not close enough to having self-awareness and a soul.

They are rarely tickled, stroked and cuddled, and you don't wake up with them sleeping in your bed, or around your neck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, acute said:

They are not close enough to having self-awareness and a soul.

They are rarely tickled, stroked and cuddled, and you don't wake up with them sleeping in your bed, or around your neck!

You haven't met my pet jumping spiders yet. 15 generations who've learned to recognize their god bringing them mana. Fat lazy b*****s who wait for me to bring them flies with my tweezers. They are the coolest, smartest spider species period.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I watched the video a couple of times. You can see the reflection of the second cats eyes as soon as the video starts. Definitely an optical delusion for some. The second cat could've easily slide under the front of the car. It's getting to a point where none of it surprises me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, acute said:

Isn't it a white cat followed by a translucent cat?

Nope.  If you look at the ground, you will see that the cat blocks out the background.  It's a gray cat with white paws.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

"A cat being followed by the jpeg quantisation of its feline friend" doesn't have the same ring to it as a cat being followed by the ghost of its feline friend.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Matt221 said:

"A cat being followed by the jpeg quantisation of its feline friend" doesn't have the same ring to it as a cat being followed by the ghost of its feline friend.

True, but it almost contains the magical word 'quantum', and we all know that word is used to explain and justify all paranormality.  So, in summary....

..it is, obviously and provably, a 'Quantum Ghost Cat'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing but a grey cat following the first cat.  Nothing to see here people.  Move along.

On 7/26/2020 at 4:03 PM, ChrLzs said:

Also there is motion blur going on in the 'ghost cat' to help with the ghostly looking effect, but that is actually also seen in the white cat, but has much less of a ghostly visual effect with white cat because the cat's color stands out against the background, instead of a more gray color similar to the ground like the 2nd cat.

• Like 2