Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Scudbuster

Philip Klass

Scudbuster

I always felt this guy was a complete fraud - he was. Turns out he worked for the FBI after they discovered he had an illicit relationship with another male from the Russian embassy. So rather than expose him, they hired him to be their "disinformation agent" in the arena of UFO's. He was nothing more than a puppet - the FBI pulled his strings whenever they wanted something discredited or cast doubt upon. So he went about his character assassinations with a vengeance, knowing full well he had better do a "good job" for his puppet masters - they had the goods on him.

Quite the interesting show - so essentially Klass was a snake in the grass and the FBI had him by the balls. Slowly the truth continues to come out.....gotta love it.  

• Like 1

papageorge1

One of Papa's axioms:  Be skeptical of the Skeptics

ChrLzs

Based on what that woman said?  Did you actually listen to the weasel words "It is likely..", "potentially", it looks like", etc.

Or do you have some actual evidence to bring?  Philip Klass was indeed rude and over-opinionated, but mostly correct.  And certainly not gay, nor blackmailed.

https://badufos.blogspot.com/2020/06/richard-dolan-three-strikes-and-youre_27.html

:D

And here's a pop-quiz - why did Kathleen Marden take up ufology and believe so strongly in aliens that she absolutely hated Klass? 

Hint - who is Kathleen's Aunty....?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

stereologist

When someone is pushing manure, as does Marden on a regular basis, they need to attempt to get rid of those that show that their stories are excrement laden garbage.

https://badufos.blogspot.com/2020/06/richard-dolan-three-strikes-and-youre_27.html

I have placed a great deal of Klass' unedited papers and correspondence on my Debunker website, http://www.debunker.com/historical/historical.html . Read them for yourself and see if you still think he was a UFOlogical simpleton (like Tom DeLonge and Elizondo). A complete collection of Klass' papers is available to researchers at https://search.amphilsoc.org/collections/view?docId=ead/Mss.Ms.Coll.59-ead.xml

Klass told me all about the ********s who tried to cozy up to him. He informed the FBI about this. Klass worked at Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine, where he reported on the latest developments in aviation electronics. They hoped that by hanging out with him, they would get some useful unpublished "leaks". I doubt if they did. The FBI is totally candid about this: http://www.cufon.org/cufon/Klass_FBI.pdf . It talks about disputes and arguments he got into, but says nothing about him being suspected as a Russian agent.

• Thanks 3

Hammerclaw

"I've found," said Klass, "that roughly 97, 98 percent of the people who report seeing UFOs are fundamentally intelligent, honest people who have seen something — usually at night, in darkness — that is unfamiliar, that they cannot explain." The rest, he said, were frauds."

psyche101

Would anyone honestly expect a UFOlogist to say anything else about Klass? 

Not only did that field get a regular kick in the complacency from Klass, to this day they continue to suffer his deathbed curse 

You know Kathleen Marden is Betty and Barney Hills neice right?

Little bit of motivation there maybe? 

I have a great deal more respect for the work of Klass over the work Marden. It's simply far superior.

• Like 4

psyche101
On 7/28/2020 at 10:37 AM, papageorge1 said:

One of Papa's axioms:  Be skeptical of the Skeptics

You just erroneously called yourself a skeptic in the crop circle thread. 

You're just an enemy of reason.

• Like 2

papageorge1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

You just erroneously called yourself a skeptic in the crop circle thread. 

You're just an enemy of reason.

Be skeptical of the Skeptics

Skepticism is a fine thing and I am a skeptic but never-say-die Skeptics (I implied with a capital 'S') is a closed-minded bad thing. I also call them Pseudo-skeptics like Philip Klass. 

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 2

psyche101
38 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Skepticism is a fine thing and I am a skeptic but never-say-die Skeptics (I implied with a capital 'S') is a closed-minded bad thing. I also call them Pseudo-skeptics like Philip Klass. 

Seriously.

How are you going to get that foot out of your mouth? Seems quite firmly wedged. Like your head ........in ..... another place. 

You suffer the curse of Phil Klass along with other woo warriors..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

CigaretteSmokingMan

Klass was a little rascal. He used to go to the Russian Embassy and play musical chairs with his bff Ivan. Nothing more.

LightAngel
On 7/28/2020 at 2:37 AM, papageorge1 said:

Indeed! :tu:

• Haha 2

ChrLzs

Yep, that's the way - it's called living your life by ad hominem, rather than by actually listening, or researching, or learning, or (heaven forbid) debating what the evil skeptics might actually say....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sir Wearer of Hats
On 8/4/2020 at 7:45 PM, LightAngel said:

Indeed! :tu:

Don’t encourage him :p

• Thanks 1