Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Back to metaphysics and psychic phenomena

8th_wall

It is with great sadness that I don my Cape here.  I have tried desperately for the past 2 or so years to attempt to make headway in that I can not see my way around justice as a Cardinal virtue where the outcome is just so long as the initial intention is just.  It is with this great sadness that I return to metaphysics and psychic phenomena, having fell in love with philosophy for such a time.  My postings henseforth in this forum will be purely psychological and psychiatric in nature as context.  Philosophy is by far the most difficult thing I have ever come across.  Simply in the "wait a minute...  So what is philosophy?" And boom, ****ed 

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Okay.

That made me smile hahahahhaa.  I realised I was going to do the exact same thing however my thinking regarding it as from a philosophical perspective shifted to instead think of it as from a psychological and psychiatric perspective.  I feel like my entire engagement on this website can be grouped into that.  Took awhile to learn English, this site helped with that significantly haha.

48 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

That made me smile hahahahhaa.  I realised I was going to do the exact same thing however my thinking regarding it as from a philosophical perspective shifted to instead think of it as from a psychological and psychiatric perspective.  I feel like my entire engagement on this website can be grouped into that.  Took awhile to learn English, this site helped with that significantly haha.

So, what is your philosophy and what is your belief about psychology?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

So, what is your philosophy and what is your belief about psychology?

Mostly that I seem to pre-state it.  I'm always rational and in always logical, fundamentally I'm a rationalist for the time being attempting to become a Computer Scientist where I'm a Computer Scientist in being always gauging, determining, measuring where it falls from empiricism.  The average Australian seems to be a Pragmatist, pre-stating empericist state of being I feel.  I'm super old school bro.

At present that it's an extremely new and fresh field.  Upon close investigation I find that it is more powerful than psychiatry, counter-intuitive to the thinking one might undergo.

Fundamentally, with philosophy, one ought to know by one's own state of volition whether or not something is the case however I can't FUNDAMENTALLY see how the **** justice is a cardinal virtue.  Maybe my eyes open to it later on down the track but it's just so bloody left field.  Cought me completely askance.  If it wasn't for the police I'd be ****ed.

11 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

Mostly that I seem to pre-state it.  I'm always rational and in always logical, fundamentally I'm a rationalist for the time being attempting to become a Computer Scientist where I'm a Computer Scientist in being always gauging, determining, measuring where it falls from empiricism.  The average Australian seems to be a Pragmatist, pre-stating empericist state of being I feel.  I'm super old school bro.

At present that it's an extremely new and fresh field.  Upon close investigation I find that it is more powerful than psychiatry, counter-intuitive to the thinking one might undergo.

Fundamentally, with philosophy, one ought to know by one's own state of volition whether or not something is the case however I can't FUNDAMENTALLY see how the **** justice is a cardinal virtue.  Maybe my eyes open to it later on down the track but it's just so bloody left field.  Cought me completely askance.  If it wasn't for the police I'd be ****ed.

So I am a bit literal minded.  Are you saying you earn a living as a computer scientist or are you using that as a metaphor?

I am not sure what you are saying about a new field  more powerful than psychiatry, common sense is more powerful than psychiatry. 

Not all philosophers consider justice as a cardinal virtue.  What form of philosophy are you referring to?

31 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So I am a bit literal minded.  Are you saying you earn a living as a computer scientist or are you using that as a metaphor?

I am not sure what you are saying about a new field  more powerful than psychiatry, common sense is more powerful than psychiatry. 

Not all philosophers consider justice as a cardinal virtue.  What form of philosophy are you referring to?

In that case I'd view you as low in trait Openness to Experience, where I'm exceptionally high.  I earn a living, so to speak, providing primarily psychological care for my schizophrenic mother.

Psychology is a very new field.  Common sense if you have an I.Q. over 120 is about as powerful as you want it to be, why lose the specificity?

Modern Philosophy primarily.  Where all of modern Philosophy I read somewhere can be traced back to Plato.  Don't ask me for sources, I'm mostly just a hobby person in this field.  I don't study it formally, read a book or 2 and a **** load of Wikipedia.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

In that case I'd view you as low in trait Openness to Experience, where I'm exceptionally high.  I earn a living, so to speak, providing primarily psychological care for my schizophrenic mother.

Psychology is a very new field.  Common sense if you have an I.Q. over 120 is about as powerful as you want it to be, why lose the specificity?

Modern Philosophy primarily.  Where all of modern Philosophy I read somewhere can be traced back to Plato.  Don't ask me for sources, I'm mostly just a hobby person in this field.  I don't study it formally, read a book or 2 and a **** load of Wikipedia.

That's what I thought, that you are a dabbler.  You actually are not making much sense and I was trying to understand, but I see you are stuck somewhere and there is no sense to make from your posts.  Thanks for trying anyway. 

As for your view of "low in trait Openness to Experience, where I'm exceptionally high." sounds like you read a book and misunderstood the concepts.  And you took your low self esteem and used that misunderstanding to boost your self esteem.  Blessing on your journey, I know you are in a difficult place taking care of your mother.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

That's what I thought, that you are a dabbler.  You actually are not making much sense and I was trying to understand, but I see you are stuck somewhere and there is no sense to make from your posts.  Thanks for trying anyway. 

As for your view of "low in trait Openness to Experience, where I'm exceptionally high." sounds like you read a book and misunderstood the concepts.  And you took your low self esteem and used that misunderstanding to boost your self esteem.  Blessing on your journey, I know you are in a difficult place taking care of your mother.

It is possible we are more than 2 standard deviations of I.Q. away from one another however I am supposed to be a Genius, not my words, many teachers and various persons of camera view standing.

I would say that I'm not writing by way of the standard of what the site is presently, to mean there is some jargon of a type that I'm not obeying.  Seems hard to believe however I imagine it might have updated in the 16 years since being here.  I'm conversing directly at you with a general audience for critique.  I suppose the message format is not something you've come across before.  Perhaps old-school posters now exist haha.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

For reference I'm 29/Male/Australia.  I hear Australian is a language unto itself hahaha.  Thank-you for the blessing and your insight into my situation is well received.  Take care kind person.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

It is possible we are more than 2 standard deviations of I.Q. away from one another however I am supposed to be a Genius, not my words, many teachers and various persons of camera view standing.

I would say that I'm not writing by way of the standard of what the site is presently, to mean there is some jargon of a type that I'm not obeying.  Seems hard to believe however I imagine it might have updated in the 16 years since being here.  I'm conversing directly at you with a general audience for critique.  I suppose the message format is not something you've come across before.  Perhaps old-school posters now exist haha.

I am old school, but I am a communicator, my language is English and maybe  I am not understanding because you indicated you learned English on this site.  Maybe the translation from your native language to English is the communication issue we are having.

As for IQ I don't ascribe to that being a true indication of genius.  I did score high on the test I was given in the 60's when all 5th graders in our city were given that test, and everyone made a big deal out of it as it was the second highest score that year, and this is the first time I have posted anything about that.  Since then I have encountered many men who claim to have a high IQ but do not demonstrate it with language skills, common sense or the ability to think clearly.  So, forgive me for taking your claim with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1

Are you saying you are just going to stick to psychic and metapsychic topics on UM?

If so, I don't blame you. Topics can get boring if you focus on one for too long. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am old school, but I am a communicator, my language is English and maybe  I am not understanding because you indicated you learned English on this site.  Maybe the translation from your native language to English is the communication issue we are having.

As for IQ I don't ascribe to that being a true indication of genius.  I did score high on the test I was given in the 60's when all 5th graders in our city were given that test, and everyone made a big deal out of it as it was the second highest score that year, and this is the first time I have posted anything about that.  Since then I have encountered many men who claim to have a high IQ but do not demonstrate it with language skills, common sense or the ability to think clearly.  So, forgive me for taking your claim with a grain of salt. 

For what it's worth English is the most difficult language in the world to learn to speak, a language I learned to speak without trying, a language I couldn't speak when I was 9 years old.

This site assisted my fluency in English, mostly my spelling to be fair.

Once you remove A D.H.D. from the equation it seems my I.Q. is Profoundly Gifted, or 175+, I don't even believe this however a score so far off the tail end does indicate some giftedness.  I.Q. scoring back then compared to I Q. scoring now are vastly different by way of the Flynn Effect, that is, whatever your score may have been it is now notably lower as a percentage of persons in the general population.  From the information you have given K can easily gauge it placing you at still Mensa level.

Forgive me for pondering at your lofty superiority then however, a thing I have heard spoken of many Mensa level members where I suppose the entry line is the problem where the conglomeration occurs where if there are people far beyond that in I Q. then it's entirely possible that they fall outside of the scope of the norm due to having different fundamental thinking styles as the standard deviation separates them.

Your intellect reminds me of me when I was in grade 6 by way of my mental maturity at that age.

Feel free to alude me to any definition of intellect you might surmise instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Apologies, apologies, you seem to be appealing to my 19 year old self.  I'm 29, insert the appropriate moniker here.  The Asperger's mock was not well received.  Do it again and I will have something to say.  <- this is called self control, what're your thoughts on exercising it yourself aye?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/7/2020 at 6:50 AM, XenoFish said:

Never trust a person who tells you how smart they are.

Why is that?  Most of my credibility comes out of the mouths of others yet I ponder what their credentials are to know such things.

Still though, if someone takes you into their confidence to express a part of their inner sanctum what is it about trust that's broached?

Is it like the stranger flashing kids?

I decided to stick around psychology and philosophy after all hahahaha.  Don't know what was going on, been suffering from bouts of psychosis over the past year and a half zzz...  Finally stabilising again.  Mental illness sucks ass.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, PsiSeeker said:

I decided to stick around psychology and philosophy after all hahahaha.  Don't know what was going on, been suffering from bouts of psychosis over the past year and a half zzz...  Finally stabilising again.  Mental illness sucks ass.

Hang in there.

• Thanks 1