Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man wants to warn the past about the future

UM-Bot

Well the good news is that if this does some how work(it will not) we should know instantly that it worked well at least if were going by back to the future rules.

• Like 1

Its technologically possible but messy with current quantum technology.

All he needs to do is setup a quantum cryptography key between two things in superposition now. One is used to see if the key is intact. The other will get measured in the future upon a certain outcome of an event destroying the key. By checking the quantum cryptography key now with the first one he can then determine if the outcome of the event occurs in the future.

It gets messy if he wants to send information from the present to the past, or from the future to the past. As of course, a superposition will need to have already been setup in the past with quantum cryptography key used.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, seanjo said:

You won't know, it may have worked...

I was thinking, maybe it did work and the U.S. got involved in WW2, or if it had worked we would have pictures of Hitler on our courthouses.  The biggest thing is, how do you communicate a short message that is sure to be understood?  I really think even if it worked it would not have changed anything because no one would understand the message.

Bearing in mind the quantum science needed to do this is new then there will be no-one in the past with the setup allowing communication from the future.

• Thanks 1

just enclose 35$ and we will transmit your name in morse code. 55$ for the deluxe package.

i think i might try this scam

• Haha 2

What are you all on about?

It worked out freaking amazingly!

This is soooo much better than it was before!

Don't any of you remember?!

is it only me?......

• Haha 2

Your right it might of worked . Though I feel several things wouldn't have happened if it did.

I got this, I'll warn them.

• Haha 1

Sometimes I wonder if our messed up present (and past) is actually the result of beings messing with the local time/space continuum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Start message: Hi 1935. This message is from the year 2020. We made a mistake and elected Hillary Clinton as the first female President of the United States. We now realize our mistake and need your to help change the results so that Donald Trump wins in 2016. Remember that name. Donald Trump. Please help.   :end message

Pavilosta listening station USSR 1938 -    "Vladimr" "Come listen to this message."  "O.K comrade."

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Seti42 said:

Sometimes I wonder if our messed up present (and past) is actually the result of beings messing with the local time/space continuum.

And Biff Tannen is in the White House ?

LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well this line from the article page pretty much sums it up.

If the idea sounds insane then that's because it almost certainly is

• Like 1

I have to admit this is a fairly cool idea that leaves you wondering. If you sent enough code to describe events that happens everyday for a few weeks or month they would believe it. As the events happen they would see it. But beaming it into space to be beamed back into the past? If there was one tiny little speck to aim it at to get it right we would never know. Unless you aimed it towards yourself for yesterday and you got the message. 

This idea sounds really fantastic. If it works then it doesn't sound as if anyone from 1935 will believe it.

Well you’re right maybe we have already done it. Perhaps today is altered from what it once was. Maybe this is as good as it gets without more devastation. 
If you could send a message back in time allot of careful planning would need to be done. We could change one event and that could cause something in the future to change in drastically. You would have to weigh it out perfectly. 
As for me I would beam myself some winning lottery numbers. It might change my future but that’s one I could live with regardless. And I wouldn’t hesitate to try it. 
Good things could come from it other than money I’m sure. But good for who and when? Beam a cure for COVID-19 back to us from the future and save how many lives? But what if that one person cured who was going to die from it went on to become the next Hitler? Or another one who was going to die from it lived and discovered a cure for cancer a few years later? What’s all that worth to you? Way to many different possibilities could change. 
Perhaps we have already got this technology and it’s locked away for these reasons.