Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sorting through history for the Yeti

Eldorado

"Taunting anthropologists and researchers, the elusive Yeti continues to confound science. Yeti-obsessed ecologist Daniel C Taylor, author of Yeti: The Ecology of a Mystery, found a trail of footprints during a 1983 search of the Barun, but eventually concluded that it is more likely to be a bear.

"Yetis still court controversy as we saw recently with the aborted Visit Nepal Year 2020 painted sculptures that divided national opinion.

"The closest I came to any Yeti was when American scientists, Jeff McNeely and E W Cronin stored a silver tin trunk of 1972 specimens from the Upper Barun Khola in the cupboard under the stairs in the Sanepa house. I vividly recall Jeff showing me the white plaster casts of alleged Yeti footprints, which have since gone missing."

Full opinion-piece at the Nepali Times: https://www.nepalitimes.com/opinion/sorting-through-history-for-the-yeti/

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"Taunting anthropologists and researchers, the elusive Yeti continues to confound science. Yeti-obsessed ecologist Daniel C Taylor, author of Yeti: The Ecology of a Mystery, found a trail of footprints during a 1983 search of the Barun, but eventually concluded that it is more likely to be a bear.

"Yetis still court controversy as we saw recently with the aborted Visit Nepal Year 2020 painted sculptures that divided national opinion.

"The closest I came to any Yeti was when American scientists, Jeff McNeely and E W Cronin stored a silver tin trunk of 1972 specimens from the Upper Barun Khola in the cupboard under the stairs in the Sanepa house. I vividly recall Jeff showing me the white plaster casts of alleged Yeti footprints, which have since gone missing."

Full opinion-piece at the Nepali Times: https://www.nepalitimes.com/opinion/sorting-through-history-for-the-yeti/

"Sorting through history."

I see what the problem is here; they're looking through history when the yeti is in the Himalayas.

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Yeti is "type of bear" which a Himalayan monk said and was printed in his 100s year old books, then countless dna samples that the presenters were adamant were yeti showed it to be...type of bear.

sigh.

• Thanks 1