Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Masks work

Setton

10 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The tragic thing across the board is that many people now view science as a matter of opinion.

Trump has a lot of 'alternative facts' to answer for.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Not everyone can wear a mask.  (only saying)

"Asthma UK has highlighted that people with respiratory conditions do not need to wear face masks if they are finding it hard to breathe.

"However, if people with asthma are comfortable with wearing a face covering, they should use a cloth or home-made one, not a medical-type mask, the charity added."

Full report at the Nursing Practice dot com: https://www.nursinginpractice.com/clinical/respiratory/people-with-asthma-dont-need-to-wear-masks/

"Surveys of the general population suggest that approximately 12.7 million people in the UK (approximately 1 in 5) have a history of asthma, COPD or another longstanding respiratory illness."

British Lung Foundation: https://statistics.blf.org.uk/lung-disease-uk-big-picture

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

"Asthma UK has highlighted that people with respiratory conditions do not need to wear face masks if they are finding it hard to breathe.

"However, if people with asthma are comfortable with wearing a face covering, they should use a cloth or home-made one, not a medical-type mask, the charity added."

Full report at the Nursing Practice dot com: https://www.nursinginpractice.com/clinical/respiratory/people-with-asthma-dont-need-to-wear-masks/

"Surveys of the general population suggest that approximately 12.7 million people in the UK (approximately 1 in 5) have a history of asthma, COPD or another longstanding respiratory illness."

British Lung Foundation: https://statistics.blf.org.uk/lung-disease-uk-big-picture

Agreed.  I do feel like I can't breathe with one on, but I'll wear it because something is better than nothing.  I do love social distancing though.  That's my favourite part.  I always hated people standing too close to me in the line at the store and hearing them coughing or sniffling, spreading their germs around the place.  So a mask to me is like that added protection.  I even made my own!  I appear to be getting right into this.

Perhaps I'm just a germaphobe though. :P 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

The tragic thing across the board is that many people now view science as a matter of opinion.

Or politics.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Obviously.

And many can but don't. The target audience.

• Like 3

Within the last weeks I had to use public transport (inner city buses) a few times. People who use this mode of transport have to wear a mask by law but there are still some eggheads who haven't understood the meaning of masks even if in the buses there are displays showing funny slide shows on how to wear a mask correctly (over the eyes:wrong/at the chin:wrong/nose free:wrong). In addition, the mask how-to is explained in the media here again and again and again.

I saw (a very few of course) people who entered the bus without a mask on, taking a seat first and then put the mask on. Another stupid entered the bus with a mask on and his girlfriend, both took a seat and then the idiot removed his mask to talk to his GF (yes, I explained him what such behaviour might trigger and he put the mask on again).

In my home town, the C19 precaution measures (wearing masks at public places/shops and so on) were established in April already and we have made very good progress by that. In total, up until today and with a population of 1.89M, we had only 5337 cases of which 5000 have recovered, 230 died, 21 are currently in hospitals and 6 of them are under intensive care treatment. Who knows how much of them got infected just because of the stupidity of a few, its disgusting. And thats why I stamp all ppl who dont wear a mask where they have to or dont use the mask not correctly, as total idiots as a matter of principle and without mercy. **ck them all.

Edited by toast
"s"+"h" #@&% !!!!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, Piney said:

Every doctor, nurse, EMT and field medic knows this. 

It's just certain knuckleheads on this forum who have problems with it. 

Can you name any?  I don't think I've seen anyone on these forums deny masks are effective.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Masks absolutely work.

In fact, masks are the first line of defense against such vermin-borne pestilences as the recent outbreak of demands for "mail-in-voting".

Wearing masks will stop these scourges in their tracks.

So mask-up, go to the polls, and vote like your country depends on it!  :tu:

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Can you name any?  I don't think I've seen anyone on these forums deny masks are effective.

@bee @Cookie Monster

Probably others but they leap to mind.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

Masks absolutely work.

In fact, masks are the first line of defense against such vermin-borne pestilences as the recent outbreak of demands for "mail-in-voting".

Wearing masks will stop these scourges in their tracks.

So mask-up, go to the polls, and vote like your country depends on it!  :tu:

What makes you think that a well run modern vote by mail system is worse than the provably hackable technology from the 70's currently used by most states?  It's ridiculous.  I've been voting by mail for years. You can even go online and ensure your votes been counted accurately.   

The OP here has obviously looked into the science behind the video in post #1...perhaps he can give us a summary of how spraying starter fluid at a paper mask correlates to membrane permeability of virus particles.

It would be most helpful if he can use, like, numbers and stuff.

9 minutes ago, Setton said:

@bee @Cookie Monster

Probably others but they leap to mind.

I haven`t denied masks are ineffective.

My stance is we should let the disease go for it to get it over and done with.

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

What makes you think that a well run modern vote by mail system is worse than the provably hackable technology

I don't think that it's worse...I think it's better.

A well-run modern vote does NOT include "provably hackable" mass mail-in ballots.  That's all.

4 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

I don't think that it's worse...I think it's better.

A well-run modern vote does NOT include "provably hackable" mass mail-in ballots.  That's all.

Example

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Example

Still getting the news in Chaz?

A very small sample of what is a very big problem:

Hundreds of Mail-In Votes Already Set Aside Due to Voter Fraud Claims in Paterson

There have been reports of postal workers leaving stacks of ballots in building lobbies because voting rolls have outdated addresses listed

A statement from postal inspectors said that their findings were sent to the attorney general's office and the Board of Elections. The mayor of Paterson says the voting problems could be criminal.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/hundreds-of-mail-in-votes-already-set-aside-due-to-paterson-voter-fraud-claims/2414171/

Of course, Dems would NEVER try voter fraud to reclaim the White House...would they?  Lol...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

Of course, Dems would NEVER try voter fraud to reclaim the White House...would they?  Lol...

They wouldn't have to around here.

But seriously you're talking about New York, the second most corrupt political system in the nation so mail in has nothing to do with it, it would occur regardless.  If they couldn't find one way it'd be another.

Edited by OverSword

• The topic was locked