Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who Gets Vaccinated First

Dustyrose33

Take the cure and post your results :devil:

I've been a bit cautious in reporting the number of vaccine development efforts at 125+. It is 150+.

I think around 7 are in stage 3 trials. it might be more. That's amazing.

It is often reported that the last FDA approved vaccine took 4 years to develop. Since then there have been amazing developments in research tools.

The MMR vaccine debuted in 1971. That's before cell phones, PCs, the internet, the human genome project, MRIs, etc.

• Like 2

Ideally, we should vaccinate the non-selfish people, then let the anti-maskers Darwin each other out.

:whistle:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, stereologist said:

I've been a bit cautious in reporting the number of vaccine development efforts at 125+. It is 150+.

I think around 7 are in stage 3 trials. it might be more. That's amazing.

It is often reported that the last FDA approved vaccine took 4 years to develop. Since then there have been amazing developments in research tools.

The MMR vaccine debuted in 1971. That's before cell phones, PCs, the internet, the human genome project, MRIs, etc.

Yes it's amazing how fast they are developing these vaccines for Covid, since typically most vaccines take years.   But with this virus we don't have years to wait.  One thing I don't anticipate though once the vaccine goes public will be the long lines having to wait to be vaccinated.   I don't think it will be like the Flu vaccine where you can just drop in wherever and quickly be vaccinated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Yes it's amazing how fast they are developing these vaccines for Covid, since typically most vaccines take years.   But with this virus we don't have years to wait.  One thing I don't anticipate though once the vaccine goes public will be the long lines having to wait to be vaccinated.   I don't think it will be like the Flu vaccine where you can just drop in wherever and quickly be vaccinated.

I think I read someplace that the vaccine distribution system is already being considered and worked out. I get my flu shot at a pharmacy. If that pharmacy becomes part of the distribution network then I think such moves might spread the distribution system out well enough to reduce lines. If it ends up being like the testing system in place we will have to wait. Maybe it will be like a lottery system and people arrive by birthday or something along those lines to reduce how many people try to show up at any given time.

We'll just have to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I have my doubts about the effectiveness and safety of some of these rapid-development vaccines.  As yet we don't know that any of them will work.  Even if one does, it will be April before we can deploy it.  By that time we may top half-a-million deaths.

Seeing as face masks are proving rather unpopular, we need to test everybody at weekly intervals so we can track down and isolate the infections.  It's a Herculean tasks, but it's the only backup we have to vaccines in case they don't work.  We're putting all our eggs in the vaccine basket and it may not work.

Doug

• Like 3

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/covax-facility-targeting-2-billion-vaccine-doses-by-2021-who-regional-director/article32204177.ece

Covax facility targeting 2 billion doses of vaccine by the end of 2021.   That's a long time off and several hundreds of thousands will be dead by then.   Is it not possible this virus is an attempt by the rich and powerful to reduce the global population?   

Edited by Dustyrose33

2 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/covax-facility-targeting-2-billion-vaccine-doses-by-2021-who-regional-director/article32204177.ece

Covax facility targeting 2 billion doses of vaccine by the end of 2021.   That's a long time off and several hundreds of thousands will be dead by then.   Is it not possible this virus is an attempt by the rich and powerful to reduce the global population?   

A virus is one possible way of reducing the population, but it is an indiscriminate killer. The problem is that it doesn't really kill enough to reduce the population. Look at the world wars and see how quickly populations bounced back after those slaughters.

• Like 1

In addition to a vaccine I heard about an effort to make a nasal spray that might keep people safe for a month or two. It was some sort of antibody laden fluid that would given temporary protection.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, stereologist said:

In addition to a vaccine I heard about an effort to make a nasal spray that might keep people safe for a month or two. It was some sort of antibody laden fluid that would given temporary protection.

If that came out before the vaccine that would be better than waiting until the end of 2021.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 1

Here is a report on the article.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-19-antibodies-fade-months-study/story?id=71406787

Specifically, the study's authors found that people with COVID-19 who never develop symptoms may see their antibodies fade more quickly than those who tested positive for the virus and also came down with its tell-tale symptoms.

The study, though small and with limitations, provides greater insight into a topic that mystifies scientists examining this new coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2. Most people who have recovered from COVID-19 develop antibodies, but the extent and duration of that protection remains unknown.

Pretty interesting because it suggests this disease is going to be endemic.

I don't think I've heard of a virus spreading around the globe as fast as this one has, but with all the air travel now that only helped to spread it fast.

6 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I don't think I've heard of a virus spreading around the globe as fast as this one has, but with all the air travel now that only helped to spread it fast.

I expect there have been flu strains that have spread around the world in a similar way...

but you didn't hear about it because the MSM didn't make a BIG BIG thing about it..
and have huge pictures of a virus behind them as they spoke about it day after day after day.....

IMO the MSM has been used (willingly and as a vital part)... of it all to create a narrative - hype the virus up -  and spread fear...

mainly for political reasons...

it's a nasty virus (that I think originated in a laboratory) but there is more to all this - much more, than meets the eye..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bee said:

I expect there have been flu strains that have spread around the world in a similar way...

but you didn't hear about it because the MSM didn't make a BIG BIG thing about it..
and have huge pictures of a virus behind them as they spoke about it day after day after day.....

IMO the MSM has been used (willingly and as a vital part)... of it all to create a narrative - hype the virus up -  and spread fear...

mainly for political reasons...

it's a nasty virus (that I think originated in a laboratory) but there is more to all this - much more, than meets the eye..

But we did ear about it. It was in the news and just because you forgot about events only a few years ago has no effect on what did happen.

You are spreading VD, viral disinformation.

The only ones mentioning politics are those spreading VD.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:53 PM, Dustyrose33 said:

Because we have Donald Trump who thinks the virus will just go away, and citizens, who like him, think this whole thing is a hoax.

The people who made him possible are the very same people who made the extraordinary C19 spread possible in the US. Thus, the disaster isn't caused by just one moron, but by millions.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Is it not possible this virus is an attempt by the rich and powerful to reduce the global population?   

No farmer would poison his own farmland.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, toast said:

The people who made him possible are the very same people who made the extraordinary C19 spread possible in the US. Thus, the disaster isn't caused by just one moron, but by millions.

You are right, and here are a bunch of the morons at the Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota.  This is a fine example of why the US may never be free of Covid 19.

a group of people riding a motorcycle on a city street: Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally To Be Held Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

You are right, and here are a bunch of the morons at the Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota.

Yeah, I`ve read about that event in the media, its unbelievable. But, with expected 100k participants it will be the biggest C19 party ever. Make America great again!

Here is one of the reasons other countries are starting to get a handle on Covid 19,  because they are prudent.  Contrast these people at the Haj pilgrimage in Mecca wearing masks and social distancing with the morons in my earlier post at the motorcycle rally.

a group of people standing in front of a building: Muslim pilgrims wearing face masks and keeping social distance last week during the annual Haj pilgrimage in Mecca.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 12:45 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Where are these Virus coming from, it's impossible to know for certain, but one place they could be coming from is the melting Ice Sheets.

That's a reason for concern but i believe we are, hopefully, far from those days when Ice Sheets start releasing ancient viruses and bacteria.

There are some reports which hint that there were traces of this virus in waste waters in quite few places, far from China and months before Wuhan exploded. Like in this article. It's maybe not more than speculation but is interesting.

On 8/4/2020 at 5:58 PM, stereologist said:

It is a coronavirus and 4 of the coronavirus family cause what we call the common cold (rinovirus are also causes of the common cold). People can get colds several times a year because our immunity breaks down.  Maybe it is a related isue.

I only have assumptions and wild conclusions in my mind, as related to it. Which is normal for someone illiterate in this subject as i am. Problem is that relevant sources have still not offered solid answer, maybe because media doesn't focus on right people. That makes it fruitful environment for jungle of speculations.

More topic related - weeks passed since this topic was opened and i doubt that there was any light shed on the subject since, not by WHO not by media and not by vaccine makers. Not by Bill Gates either as he seems to be more concerned about electric cars. To even think about vaccine so soon, before world knows what it's dealing with is just... 

It takes decade or more to develop good vaccine for any kind of 'disease... All that makes me lean towards some crazy conclusions about vaccination. So far it makes it good political weapon, for example some in my country have gone to Russia to buy vaccine already. 

Without decent testing, irresponsibly fast decision. But it comes just before elections so why not enhance public image which trip and cooperation with Russia offers? World of absurdities, it ain't even funny anymore and how could it be after so many dead...

• Like 1