Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Convince me.

XenoFish

I keep hearing about how rigid I am in regards to my opinions on ghost, psychics, etc. Well folks I offer you a challenge. Present to me your best supporting case. Bring everything to the table and try to change my mind. Studies, video, audio, whatever you've got. Don't tell me that you believe, you're goal is to make me believe. I wish you good luck.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Not even a million dollars would help that. James Randi tried in vain.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Not even a million dollars would help that. James Randi tried in vain.

I'm more interested in those who claim it's all real to present their very best and most convincing 'evidence'. Not just to me but whoever reads this thread. 

• Thanks 1

I'll light up the campfire while we wait.  My uncle should be here shortly, and he's got a torch so he can eerily light up his face as he tells his stories!  Now that's the sort of supporting evidence that no-one could question..

Hopefully papageorge and others of that mindset will see their big chance to gain credibility here, and do what they have never done before, namely nominate "The One" - the story that is best in terms of provenance. 

But (even as the campfire smoke chases me around) I choose NOT to hold my breath........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Job for Sledgehammer, you know, you just have to trust him :D 

But of course, there is no evidence to backup any claim. Believe or not - it's just a matter of choice without any solid evidence for either. That's the beauty behind it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Hopefully papageorge and others of that mindset will see their big chance to gain credibility here, and do what they have never done before, namely nominate "The One" - the story that is best in terms of provenance. 

How long would it take hell to freeze over? Though I would be amazed if it actually happened. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My evidence, the chicken refrigerator on Ole Bill Lanvatter's farm.If you don't know the rest of the story that's your problem.

Convince me.

How, exactly?

"Look at this ghost picture, Xeno."

"It's too blurry."

"How about this one?"

"Photoshop."

"How about this video? Clear as day!"

"CGI."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

My evidence, the chicken refrigerator on Ole Bill Lanvatter's farm.If you don't know the rest of the story that's your problem.

Not my problem. I didn't asked for opinions. I asked for a well supported case and I would love to see one.

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

Not my problem. I didn't asked for opinions. I asked for a well supported case and I would love to see one.

I was joking.  As you know, you've already heard every well supported case so what's the real point to this thread?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OverSword said:

I was joking.  As you know, you've already heard every well supported case so what's the real point to this thread?  

What I wrote. I want those who constantly tell me that the sheer volume and quality of cases to bring me the best supported one. I'm pretty much been told my opinions are wrong or that I am an idiot for not buying every claim. I want the very best. Research studies, whatever. Because if I am basically forced to support my opinion it is time for the believers to support theirs. Not directed at you. But others. 

• Like 4

The thing is over the years of my own research and practices I've pretty much settled on ghost being a psychological phenomena. Nothing woo at all. Just people's minds playing tricks or the convictions being so strong that people perceive 'ghost'. All I want is something that makes me wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, acute said:

As a fake non-believer, you should be easy to convince, but I'm a fake psychic, so......

I agree.  There is no evidence that would convince him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

There is no evidence that would convince him.

There's no effort being made. Ya'll wasting my time. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

There's no effort being made. Ya'll wasting my time. 

Which detailed study you've already seen years ago and didn't believe would you like me to detail?  That's my point.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Which detailed study you've already seen years ago and didn't believe would you like me to detail?  That's my point.

Quit wasting my time. If you are not going to bring anything to this thread then there is no reason for you to be here. 

Though I half expected this. I also expect that no one will bring anything.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Too many lazy useless people who like to tell the skeptics how wrong they are yet they never support their own views. And it is the skeptics that bring the most to support themselves. 

I want those who believe to bring into this thread the very best and most convincing evidence they find. It isn't that difficult or is it? 

I have heard to the point of being sick of it that there is millions of cases of true paranormal activity. The sheer volume of which should convince even the most hardened skeptic. Scientific studies that prove the paranormal is real, psychic powers are real, etc. Yet, so far no one has offered anything. I'm not going to do the work for you.

• Like 3

So you want us to prove the un-provable to you?  Any photo you will say is fake any anecdote you will say is not proof.  I'm not in disagreement with you, but this is like religion and you either believe it or not IMO.  Personally I've had a couple of experiences that make me wonder but that's not proof.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Personally I've had a couple of experiences that make me wonder but that's not proof.

I've had tons. I just want something better. More than what I always get around here. As I've mentioned before, too many talk about the amount of stories, yet none offer the best. I've asked several times what stories or event has convinced someone that the paranormal is real. By all accounts I should be a believer due to the things I've experienced over the years. Yet, I'm not thoroughly convinced. Oh it would be nice to shut my brain off and just believe. But I ask too many questions.

Have I see spirits/ghost/entities? Yes.

Have I see poltergeist or telekinetic activity? Yes.

Have I experienced messing up electronics? Yes.

Have I had "prophetic" dreams? Yes.

Have I seen spells and sigils work beyond what seems to be mere coincidence? Yes.

Have I apparently bi-located? Yes, twice.  

Yet through all those years of effort there hasn't been a big "yes this is real" event. I saw my deceased grandfather the evening after his funeral. He stood at the edge of the woods plain as day. I have thought about thinks occurring and moments later they would. As I said before I should be a believer or I'm completely mentally ill. Either it exist and I'm wrong or I am crazy.

So bring me something that proves it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Comments added.  Did you read the thread, at all? - just post the best one that was unfairly dismissed..

4 hours ago, acute said:

"It's too blurry." {so, your autofocus doesn't work??  Show us the best one where this has happened..}

"How about this one?" {so, your autofocus doesn't work, either??  Fool me once.., much?  Again, show us the best one where this has happened..}

"Photoshop." {You deny photoshopping exists?  Again, show us a good example}

"How about this video? Clear as day!"  (AGAIN, Where's the link, handwaver?}

"CGI."  {You deny CGI exists?  Again, show us a good example}

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acute said:

There is no way to prove paranormal activity to anyone.

On the contrary.  On proof beyond reasonable doubt, it will simply move to be ..... science.

And thus, part of our body of knowledge, as opposed to our body of fictional and fantasy works.

• Like 2

Let's take telekinesis for example.

If a person under controlled conditions can remotely influence and move a small object once. Then they should be able to do it repeatedly. Training the mental mechanisms behind it would be no different than catching a ball. At first it would be hit and miss, then easier, eventually what was a conscious action would become automatic.

Yet test are done in uncontrolled conditions with too much hit and miss.

The zener cards are just a guessing game. 

• Like 2

Heck I would be interested in any case that could be defined simply as 'interesting' or 'unexplained/leaning towards unknown'. Or something that actually uses some sort of real scientific methodology. With all the places that make claims of ongoing hauntings you would think there would be stacks of evidence. Alas, mostly anecdotal stories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1