Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump suggests delay to 2020 election

ExpandMyMind

Everyone had to know this was coming.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

This is old news.  He started it before the primary elections.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

So we can send our children back to school every day of the week for two semesters, but we cannot gather people in polling places to vote for a single day?

• Like 8

he's running scared - its as simple as that!

do you think if he was leading in the polls he would want a delay? Hell no!

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 9

Could we spread people out by opening some of the polling stations that were shut down. or even some extras?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

So we can send our children back to school every day of the week for two semesters, but we cannot gather people in polling places to vote for a single day?

What state are you in?  We can't send our children back to school in New Mexico, but I know Arizona schools will be opening soon.

• Like 2

Trump can't stop the election - by suggesting fraud he is trying to delegitimise the results. 

However polls even from Republican leaning polling houses are and have been showing him getting thumped. 

As it stands now in the polls - the only way people would think the election was frauded would be if TRUMP WON!!!

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It also indicates how out of touch with reality he is because he didn't know that we have been using mail in voting for more than 100 years.

I looked it up and the military has voted by mail since the civil war.  I remember voting by mail when I was in the military, and I voted by mail for this years primaries.  Wikipedia also noted that in the 2016 US Presidential election, approximately 33 million ballots were cast via mailed out ballots (about a quarter of all ballots cast)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_voting

At a coronavirus press briefing on April 8, the president called voting by mail “a very dangerous thing for this country because they are cheaters.” Shortly after his false comment, a reporter reminded him that he voted by mail in the 2018 midterm. “Well sure, I could vote by mail,” Trump responded, explaining away the dissonance by saying he wasn’t able to get down to his primary residence in Florida to do so — despite visiting his golf course in the state at least 89 times since becoming president.

With the coronavirus restricting Trump to the White House for most of the spring, the president and the first lady also voted by mail in the 2020 primary in Florida.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/06/every-trump-ally-who-has-voted-by-mail-list.html

• Like 3

We have never delayed and election we are not going to start now. 

Jesus Trump what the ****.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

This is from my status update on the same subject:

I wouldn't trust just sticking it in a home mailbox and putting the flag up. 

My reply:

A few stolen ballots here 'n' there shouldn't affect the over-all result.

Although Trump claims there is, there's absolutely no evidence of widespread mail-in fraud.

Edited by acute
  • Like 3

I'm keeping the New Civil War penciled in for early November.  :tu:

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

:lol:

Bahahahah.

Yeah, no kidding.

If the US can hold a presidential election whilst in the middle of a civil war (1864), it can hold one during a pandemic. 

https://www.history.com/news/civil-war-presidential-election-abraham-lincoln

35 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Trump can't stop the election - by suggesting fraud he is trying to delegitimise the results. 

Exactly.

As Trump may or may not know, the date of the election is set by law, and would require an act of Congress to be overturned. Trump probably cannot postpone the election, the bedrock of American democracy, but the greater danger is that he can destroy its legitimacy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/trump-postpone-election/614755/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

The notion that a well run mail in voting system is more susceptible to fraud than the 40 year old technology used by most states is ridiculous and maddening.

We are talking about a NEW system, untried and untrusted by millions.  If the decision turns on the results from battleground states which have never used mail-in balloting exclusively before, then what comes next is the responsibility of the party that demanded it.  We aren't talking about a situation that is happening in a vacuum.  This is occurring after 4 years of unending lies, slanders, innuendo and is being topped off with assaults against the Federal government in Oregon.  It's a dangerous game and it's a game the Left can play without fear of losing.  Why?  Because even if he wins, they'll still ignore the results and say he's illegitimate.  No.  It is far from being the same thing your state has perfected and we'll see in a few months.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

As Trump may or may not know, the date of the election is set by law, and would require an act of Congress to be overturned. Trump probably cannot postpone the election, the bedrock of American democracy, but the greater danger is that he can destroy its legitimacy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/trump-postpone-election/614755/

to be fair --- isn't that what the whole Russia Collusion thing was all about... to de~legitimize the 2016 result..?

so it's not a new thing - even if this IS his intention...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, and then said:

We are talking about a NEW system, untried and untrusted by millions.  If the decision turns on the results from battleground states which have never used mail-in balloting exclusively before, then what comes next is the responsibility of the party that demanded it.  We aren't talking about a situation that is happening in a vacuum.  This is occurring after 4 years of unending lies, slanders, innuendo and is being topped off with assaults against the Federal government in Oregon.  It's a dangerous game and it's a game the Left can play without fear of losing.  Why?  Because even if he wins, they'll still ignore the results and say he's illegitimate.  No.  It is far from being the same thing your state has perfected and we'll see in a few months.

Intentions were made clear in the Strzok / Page texts that were made public... and although these were just two people working for the FBI there were others involved and a whole network of colluders - like with the FISA business and the spying on Trump etc... going right to the top... ie Obama...

those people are still around and after 4 years more determined than ever to stop him winning (again) - 

if they CAN stop him with election fraud they will do it - of that I have no doubt... no doubt what so ever.....

random link - national review

“[Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!” Page wrote to Strzok in a text message set to be released Thursday as part of a Department of Justice inspector general’s report.

“No. No he won’t. We’ll stop it,” Strzok, who was dating Page at the time, responded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, South Alabam said:

No one gives a **** about children beyond the fact that if they’re not at school, some worker is also not at work caring for them. You can’t have the minions not minioning because the next generation of minion isn’t in the farms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, and then said:

We are talking about a NEW system, untried and untrusted by millions. 

Not exactly NEW but untrusted by millions for sure.  2020 may not be the best time to roll it out nationwide.  Maybe 2021 so people have a chance to use it in local elections and state elections before 2022.   I get 2-3 city county and state election ballots by mail every year.  I vote and mail it back in.   I wouldn't take that many vacation days if I had to go in person.  Better for the  economy if I stay at work.   I can understand that in a state that is unfamiliar with the process there will be some trepidation, it is something in the future to get over as safety guarantees are put in place.  Granted some people will never trust it.

49 minutes ago, and then said:

This is occurring after 4 years of unending lies, slanders, innuendo

A little less than half the country would think this is a characterization of the current administration.. It has been a two way street. There may never have been a President that has insulted, ridiculed and slandered so many people that have either been a part of his administration and disagreed with him or actively opposed him.   At this point, any way we go, half the population will believe we are being governed by liars and crooks.  I don't see trust coming back anytime soon  from either side whether we vote by mail or not.  Personally, I don't think it is worth it to do vote by mail nationwide until after 2020, but that is only my opinion..

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bee said:

to be fair --- isn't that what the whole Russia Collusion thing was all about... to de~legitimize the 2016 result..?

To be fair, no.  It was not about deligitimizing the election, it was about deligitimizing the president, a slight difference.  Impeachment might be more like a divorce than an annulment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

To be fair, no.  It was not about deligitimizing the election, it was about deligitimizing the president, a slight difference.  Impeachment might be more like a divorce than an annulment.

so 'slight' to be non existent...

but nice try.... :P

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Washington Post headline for Jan 20, 2017 was.

The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/20/the-campaign-to-impeach-president-trump-has-begun/

I don't know how else you could categorize going for impeachment on the day he was sworn in as anything else. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No one gives a **** about children beyond the fact that if they’re not at school, some worker is also not at work caring for them. You can’t have the minions not minioning because the next generation of minion isn’t in the farms.

There are about 30 kids under 12 in our neighborhood at the moment. They will be the third generation we've known growing up here. About a third have been homeschooled, and the others have been split between public school and a private Christian school. Some of the public school parents are seriously considering homeschooling now. They've decided it is feasible to tighten the belt a little and actually can afford it, when before they didn't think they could.

I think this is the opinion I read from a girl in NYC on why she prefers to learn from home. I can't access it now, but here's the link for those who can.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/05/opinion/coronavirus-pandemic-distance-learning.html

• Like 2