Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Safari couple wake to a lion in their tent

Eldorado

"A couple are suing a holiday provider after they were attacked by a lion - which they woke up to find in their tent.

"Patrick, 64, and Brigitte Fourgeaud, 63 were on a safari trip in Tanzania, Africa, when they were savaged by the massive animal.

"They were sleeping in their tent when Brigitte awoke to find ''an adult male lion sniffing her back''.

"It then mauled Patrick, from Mont-Saxonnex, France, ripping off part of his upper left arm - before being scared away."

Full report at Wales Online: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-never-forget-moment-woke-18689843

Edited by Eldorado
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Although this must have been an horrific experience, can you imagine going on a Safari trip in Africa, staying somewhere in a African Lion Safari park, overnight in a tent, being attacked by a lion ? Don't get me wrong, I don't wish this to happen to anyone but isn't this not like going hiking in bear country and suing the national park for being attacked by a bear ? 

• Like 8

Breakfast in bed... 

~

• Haha 5

People take vacations in the strangest places.

• Like 1

Dumbest people ever..