Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The generic God in monotheistic faiths

oslove

The word generic here means as in generic medicines i.e. as compared to branded medicines.

So, the advantage with the generic God is that humans will not get into endless conflicts quarreling over which God is the true God.

From my part, the generic God is in concept the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

That means that if God is not in concept at least the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, I for one being a homo sapiens don't see Him to deserve my notice.

What do you guys here say?

To the time-space creature, all things must have a beginning save only the ONE UNCAUSED—the primeval cause of causes.

25 minutes ago, Will do said:

Special Pleading Fallacy. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will do said:

Right, so everything is caused by the one thing that can't be caused. Which in your case we know is magic space jesus-god-alien from the urethra book.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Dear readers, considering that the word "God" brings forth a very big number of hits from google - About 2,100,000,000 results (0.62 seconds), it is therefore very normal with humans who are called homines sapientes to take to investigate God, and formulate the concepts of God in particular focusing on His role, in the whole realm of all things in existence - starting with the question, Does God exist?

From my part, I am most keen to study the concepts of God among peoples who do know God exists, to determine whether they will join me in drafting a what I call generic concept of God, that concept should be welcome to all persons who do care to pinpoint: what is the feature of God that no knowers of God will find objectionable.

So, dear fellow knowers of God's existence, I invite you all sincerely to contribute your inputs to this thread.

Title of thread: The generic God in monotheistic faiths

Description of thread: The bare minimum concept of God that renders God worthy of man's notice.

By oslove, 6 hours ago in Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs

Post  #1  

The word generic here means as in generic medicines i.e. as compared to branded medicines.

So, the advantage with the generic God is that humans will not get into endless conflicts quarreling over which God is the true God.

From my part, the generic God is in concept the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

That means that if God is not in concept at least the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, I for one being a homo sapiens don't see Him to deserve my notice.

6 hours ago, oslove said:

Yet those who adhered to the primary religions did not seem to argue over which god was the true god, they accepted all the gods as equally valid. It is when the secondry religions arise with their one god that the arguments begin. If it is assmued that the OT god is, for believers, God, then look at the mess they have created over how this god should be worshipped, is his son valid or not, and abundance of sects, denominations, call them what you will, that are at odds with each other. It is such a mess that it looks more like a primary religion with multiple gods, minus the ability to accept each others version of their god.

Akhenaten should have been seen as a warning, not a blueprint, but it all went wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The generic God is nothing more than a god of gaps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Right, so everything is caused by the one thing that can't be caused. Which in your case we know is magic space jesus-god-alien from the urethra book.

Why can't you appreciate the wholesale destruction of the English language to look enlightened to the stupid? :angry:

"Uncaused" is worthy of a Webster's entry! :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Why can't you appreciate the wholesale destruction of the English language to look enlightened to the stupid? :angry:

"Uncaused" is worthy of a Webster's entry! :rolleyes:

Frankly I'm shocked that people still buy into some 50's con man's bad sci-fi bible fanfic, but i guess scientology is still a thing, somehow, so we know a lot of people are really, really dumb.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

uncaused

[ uhn-kawzd ]SHOW IPA

adjective

not resulting from some antecedent cause.

"Before Abraham was, I am."

Edited by Will do

13 hours ago, oslove said:

God is subtle not overt.

To see God at work you have to first understand your role in the universe. I will get straight to the point. Imagine a God which doesnt understand what pleasure is all about but wants to find out. It creates the world, it fills it with a range of experiences, it puts you onto that world, and it watches you. It watches you to see what is pleasurable so it can learn more about the experience.

Your purpose is to serve God in that endeavor. You need to seek out and enjoy everything that is pleasurable to you personally. Do so intentionally to show God what pleasure is about. Thats all you need to do and when you do this it will quickly become apparent that all is not what it seems.

15 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Yes. Another work of fiction. Thank you for the addition to my point.

Where in the world do you think the idea to imply that a man would say something like "Before Abraham was, I am" came from?

In other words, who would write (or say) such a thing if there wasn't something significantly true about it?

14 hours ago, oslove said:

If the god is generic it especially has no gender.  That is what I have to say about it.  You calling it a "Him" removes the status of generic.  Your god has a brand.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Will do said:

Hijacked Already!  Jeez!

• Like 2

God is whatever people want it to be, however they choose to define it. God is the great blank filler. God will represent whatever you desire. People literally create their gods. Right now I am worshiping the God of Air Conditioning by basking in its frosty goodness. Thank you my lord, I appreciate thy blessing. May the room be filled with thy power.:lol:

• Like 2

Self righteous, self absorbed virtue signaling tin cans.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Will do said:

In other words, who would write (or say) such a thing if there wasn't something significantly true about it?

So you're saying that Spider-Man is based on a true story?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

a true story?

What's true, isn't a story.

3 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So you're saying that Spider-Man is based on a true story?

I believe. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Will do said:

What's true, isn't a story.

Right. So you're saying Spider-Man is real. Gotcha. 

• Haha 1