Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 things we do that puzzle and scare horses

Still Waters

Horses, like our dogs and cats, are familiar to many of us, be they racehorses, police horses, or much-loved pony club mounts. So it might surprise you that horses, in Australia, are more deadly than snakes, and indeed all venomous animals combined.

Some of our interactions with horses correspond to interactions between horses themselves. Giving our horse a scratch on an itchy spot or allowing them to rub their head against us, while frowned on by some trainers, mimics how horses behave together.

But there are many other interactions which, from the horse's perspective, are unusual or downright rude.

The culture clash between horses and humans can trigger defense or flight responses that can leave us badly injured. Here are ten common challenges we present to horses:

https://phys.org/news/2020-07-puzzle-horses.html

• Like 3

What about thing Horses do to scare us ............ especially me actually probably only me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Matt221 said:

What about thing Horses do to scare us ............ especially me actually probably only me

Your not the only one matt.

Little tip,that i learned the hard way.

If you travel to a football match in barnsley, don't stand behind a police horse when your trying to get in the ground,

They will hoof you right in the thigh,sending you to the ground,rolling around in agony.

Not only were the cops p***ing themselves laughing as they took my details,but i had to limp around with a dead leg for two months.

On the upside my mates had a great laugh when i showed them the perfect imprint of a hoof print on my thigh.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Matt221 said:

nope, not only you;):

my friend owns horses. One of them 'Dave' ' has a very unique personality.. I love horses & all animals of course.

He knows I'm coming to see him/ hides & jumps out at me!!! Why??

I say: 'why did you do that'?

Dave says: 'I don't know, I just fancied a laugh' =yep, puzzled & scared the crap out of me:D

• Like 3