Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Theresa May's husband Philip to be knighted

Recommended Posts

Still Waters
Quote

Former prime minister Theresa May's husband Philip is being knighted as part of the government's latest honours list.

Several familiar politicians are also to be made peers - including former Tory chancellors Philip Hammond and Ken Clarke, as well as ex-Scottish Tories leader Ruth Davidson.

Ian Botham, the cricket commentator, and Evgeny Lebedev, owner of several newspapers, are also being elevated to the House of Lords.

https://news.sky.com/story/theresa-mays-husband-philip-to-be-knighted-as-part-of-new-honours-list-12039994

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
L.A.T.1961

As a brexiteer it nice to see Kate Hoey, Ian Austin, Gisela Stuart in the lords and Bercow doing without his beloved peerage.   :D 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

What are the requirements to becoming a member of the house of lords?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L.A.T.1961
1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

What are the requirements to becoming a member of the house of lords?

I am not sure there are any specific rules. But services to .....  Ect

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt221
Posted (edited)

What a banker he is

Edited by Matt221
spelling mistake he is in fact a banker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

 

I'm glad Ian is finally being knighted, Shatner next...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
Just now, seanjo said:

I'm glad Ian is finally being knighted, Shatner next...

Shatner?  What has he done to get that honor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere

What about Stormzy? :o

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
2 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

As a brexiteer it nice to see Kate Hoey, Ian Austin, Gisela Stuart in the lords 

Along with staunch remainer Jo Johnson who resigned over the government's approach to Brexit.

Gosh, I wonder what the difference is... Does he have any connections anyone knows of?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Shatner?  What has he done to get that honor?

One of the most recognisable people on the planet starring in a series that has inspired many people to be scientists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
3 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

What about Stormzy? :o

He gets my racist **** award...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, seanjo said:

One of the most recognisable people on the planet starring in a series that has inspired many people to be scientists.

So, nothing real then.  Gene Rodenburry, not Shatner, was responsible for that show and Many Many others.  Jeez!   Even Leonard Nimoy contributed more to society with his poetry than Shatner has.  Entertainment should not be a reason to knight someone.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
seanjo
5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So, nothing real then.  Gene Rodenburry, not Shatner, was responsible for that show and Many Many others.  Jeez!   Even Leonard Nimoy contributed more to society with his poetry than Shatner has.  Entertainment should not be a reason to knight someone.

I feel you have an axe to grind. How many Dames and Knights have been awarded for entertainment?

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
3 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I feel you have an axe to grind. How many Dames and Knights have been awarded for entertainment?

 

Probably too many.  Since I am not British it doesn't matter to me, just trying to make sense of it is all.  I don't have any ax to grind, just pointing out the fallacy of your reasoning.  Did Stephen Hawking get knighted?  He actually offered a lot to science which enhanced society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
45 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Probably too many.  Since I am not British it doesn't matter to me, just trying to make sense of it is all.  I don't have any ax to grind, just pointing out the fallacy of your reasoning.  Did Stephen Hawking get knighted?  He actually offered a lot to science which enhanced society.

Hawking refused a knighthood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diddyman68
2 hours ago, seanjo said:

Hawking refused a knighthood.

He probably didn't want to be labelled as a tax dodger,paedo,or generally corrupt.

They tend to give the swamp creatures an obe,

They give entertainers an mbe ,to please the general public,

Its all a sham,

It makes me sick,to think of SIR jimmy saville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
On 8/1/2020 at 12:36 AM, diddyman68 said:

He probably didn't want to be labelled as a tax dodger,paedo,or generally corrupt.

They tend to give the swamp creatures an obe,

They give entertainers an mbe ,to please the general public,

Its all a sham,

It makes me sick,to think of SIR jimmy saville.

Now then, now then. how's about that then.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
On 8/1/2020 at 12:36 AM, diddyman68 said:

He probably didn't want to be labelled as a tax dodger,paedo,or generally corrupt.

They tend to give the swamp creatures an obe,

They give entertainers an mbe ,to please the general public,

Its all a sham,

It makes me sick,to think of SIR jimmy saville.

Hawking is on the Epstein list, he visited paedo island several times.

While the hubby of May wasn`t in the lime light we dont know how he helped behind the scenes. After all, it would have been a partnership between Mrs and Mr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.