Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre crop cirlce appears in German field

Eldorado

Really beautiful and amazing.

I am one of those believers that say many of the crop circles are not man-made and involve intelligence an technology we don't understand. This non-thorough video is suggesting this may well be one of them. As an open-minded skeptic myself, I would also like to see an unbiased analysis of the reasonableness of the man-made theory in this case.

• Like 1

It's a pleasingly sophisticated design. A floating ring around the center, in a three-dimensional space implied  by the surrounding eight folded radial loops that enfold it. Could humans devise such a thing? Presumably. That doesn't prove human origin, of course.

The confusion and doubt caused by many man-made crop circles, and the uncertainty of any method to distinguish human-made ones from those otherwise-made makes crop circles typical of fringe phenomena. A tantalizing mystery with no firm solution.

• Like 1

I don't know really. Crop circles fall into man made for me..

I'd like to know more into 'suddenly appear'. How suddenly? If it's done in a matter of a few minutes then we have something interesting, over night not so much

• Like 2

Obviously crop circles are an interesting form of landscape art.  The artwork is a geometric form that an be constructed through simple tools.

What is weird is when people apply adjectives to the crop circle such as bizarre,or mysterious.

1. It has 8 part symmetry.
  2. If we look we see that the parts are similar but are not precise as some would like to suggest
  3. The comments come from someone who can't explain how they are made.
  4. The rest of the video tells us nothing.

One of the phony claims of course is that it suddenly appeared.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

It's really looks great! Isn't it time for all these anonymous creators of crop circles to creep out of anonymity, and organize the first public 'Crop Circles World Championship'? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The crop circles in the 90s were way more impressive than this. These guys need to step up their game.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

That's how you can tell they are likely fake. They become more and more intricate to prove they aren't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well hey! Finally there's some news that's not fake!B)

MK

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 12:10 PM, bison said:

It's a pleasingly sophisticated design. A floating ring around the center, in a three-dimensional space implied  by the surrounding eight folded radial loops that enfold it. Could humans devise such a thing? Presumably. That doesn't prove human origin, of course.

The confusion and doubt caused by many man-made crop circles, and the uncertainty of any method to distinguish human-made ones from those otherwise-made makes crop circles typical of fringe phenomena. A tantalizing mystery with no firm solution.

It's awsome that's for sure but if it were made by humans I'd be surprised! Cuz most are too busy inside on their computers now days, not to mention this would take a lot of work and most people don't seem to like to do too much of that.

Most people now days don't have any pride in the things they do and dont even care to. They don't put any effort forth.

Most jobs done by people now days are done 1/2 ass, cuz they no longer care about true value in what they do, they're cutting corners resulting in poor quality work.

precision is a thing of the past or will soon be.

Nop, not done by humans in my opinion, unless someone came up with a way to computerize drones to do it for them ; )

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2020 at 5:10 PM, bison said:

Sorry, what is the difference between man-made ones and "otherwise-made"? Where is the evidence of ones that aren't made by people?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Sorry, what is the difference between man-made ones and "otherwise-made"? Where is the evidence of ones that aren't made by people?

In wheat the nodes suffer elongation which may be a result of "other" forces other than being trampled underfoot.

Expulsion of the wheat nodes is less understood in some crop circles as it may require an external force.

Theories that has been touted are microwave energy or sound. The nodes usually contain moisture so any mechanism that could heat the moisture could cause the nodes to explode.

No I"m not a crop circle conspiracist. Now when they finally show an intricate pattern in a field that doesn't have an unfettered access such as tram lines then it'll get my attention. Most crop circles I've seen have been in fields with tram lines and it makes it difficult to determine the starting point of the circle had it been man-made by trampling the crop underfoot.

On 8/14/2020 at 9:04 AM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

In wheat the nodes suffer elongation which may be a result of "other" forces other than being trampled underfoot.

Expulsion of the wheat nodes is less understood in some crop circles as it may require an external force.

Theories that has been touted are microwave energy or sound. The nodes usually contain moisture so any mechanism that could heat the moisture could cause the nodes to explode.

No I"m not a crop circle conspiracist. Now when they finally show an intricate pattern in a field that doesn't have an unfettered access such as tram lines then it'll get my attention. Most crop circles I've seen have been in fields with tram lines and it makes it difficult to determine the starting point of the circle had it been man-made by trampling the crop underfoot.

The wheat nodes idea stems from a single paper. It turns out not to be correct in its speculation of the requirement of an external energy source. The presence of water is what allows the stalks to be bent over without breaking.

There is a concept in the outdoors called leave no trace. One of the methods is that crossing a field with no trail should be done by a group as dispersed walking. By traveling across the field not in a line and each person not walking in a straight line no mark is left behind. This reduces the chance of leaving a mark for others to follow and thus creating a trail where none was before.

I would think that people making crop circles would use the same technique to enter and leave the crop circle artwork.

Many people probably do not know that fields are planted in rows, even grass crops such as wheat, rye, oats, barley, etc. In this link we learn that the narrow planting of wheat is 7.5 inches which is 18cm. It should be relatively simple to walk along such rows without stepping on the plants.

https://www.no-tillfarmer.com/articles/6082-narrow-vs-wide-rows-in-wheat-production#:~:text=In most instances%2C wheat yield is greater when,per foot of row compared to narrow-row wheat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2020 at 5:34 AM, Emma_Acid said:

I was merely entertaining the possibility that some crop circles are not man-made. There are accounts of crop circles appearing inexplicably, while observers watched. There are also reported sightings of a field with no crop circle, and then  a complex one existing in the same field, minutes later. These suggest the possibility that some crop circles are created too quickly to be man-made.

There are also multiple instances where unexplained electrical effects have occurred, including the draining of camera batteries known to be amply charged. 

The strange, largely uncredited presentation of crop circles over decades, also suggests an unusual, dare I suggest 'alien',  mentality at work. In some instances, where someone has claimed to have made a particular crop circle, they were unable to explain how this was done, which casts very serious doubt on such claims. 

Edited by bison
  • Haha 1

There are accounts of crop circles appearing inexplicably, while observers watched. There are also reported sightings of a field with no crop circle, and then  a complex one existing in the same field, minutes later. These suggest the possibility that some crop circles are created too quickly to be man-made.

There are also multiple instances where unexplained electrical effects have occurred, including the draining of camera batteries known to be amply charged.

Bison, please CITE these claims, thanks...

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bison said:

I was merely entertaining the possibility that some crop circles are not man-made. There are accounts of crop circles appearing inexplicably, while observers watched. There are also reported sightings of a field with no crop circle, and then  a complex one existing in the same field, minutes later. These suggest the possibility that some crop circles are created too quickly to be man-made.

Let me guess: all these "observers" are "credible witnesses" or "police officers" or "former NASA employees" or "pilots" or "former CIA employees" or "scientists" or "highly esteemed citizens" or something like that.

Yadayada. Defective batteries can be loaded up to 100% but fail when in operation. Because they are defective. But stupid people dont know.

The strange, largely uncredited presentation of crop circles over decades, also suggests an unusual, dare I suggest 'alien',  mentality at work. In some instances, where someone has claimed to have made a particular crop circle, they were unable to explain how this was done, which casts very serious doubt on such claims. 

Humans can, for example, do neurosurgery, have discovered and understood the laws of physics and math and a lot of other academic disciplines and are able to create symphonies. We developed computers, the smartphone and magnetic resonance imaging. We have learned to understand the human body and how to cure diseases. We know what DNA is and how it works. We have put humans on the Moon and into space, we operate vehicles on other planets millions of miles away from Earth. We even pick up samples from comets/asteroids, millions of miles away from Earth.

The list can be endless continued but are you really of the opinion that we, humans, are too stupid and are not capable to scratch a ****ing geometric pattern into a ****ing cornfield? Thats so 50s and naive as well.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2020 at 8:28 AM, stereologist said:

The wheat nodes idea stems from a single paper. It turns out not to be correct in its speculation of the requirement of an external energy source. The presence of water is what allows the stalks to be bent over without breaking.

There is a concept in the outdoors called leave no trace. One of the methods is that crossing a field with no trail should be done by a group as dispersed walking. By traveling across the field not in a line and each person not walking in a straight line no mark is left behind. This reduces the chance of leaving a mark for others to follow and thus creating a trail where none was before.

I would think that people making crop circles would use the same technique to enter and leave the crop circle artwork.

Many people probably do not know that fields are planted in rows, even grass crops such as wheat, rye, oats, barley, etc. In this link we learn that the narrow planting of wheat is 7.5 inches which is 18cm. It should be relatively simple to walk along such rows without stepping on the plants.

https://www.no-tillfarmer.com/articles/6082-narrow-vs-wide-rows-in-wheat-production#:~:text=In most instances%2C wheat yield is greater when,per foot of row compared to narrow-row wheat.

And the end rows?

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2020 at 11:20 PM, bison said:

Anecdotes are useless. Someone saying someone told them that their postman had sworn there was no crop circle in that field a few minutes ago is not evidence.

There is nothing to suggest that all crop circles are not man made.

Oh how convenient 

You have no idea what an "alien mentality" is because you know absolutely nothing about aliens. No one does. Why not blame unicorns? Or orks?

And something being either unclaimed or difficult to make does not simply mean you can put "aliens" on the list as the second best explanation. Occam's Razor and all that.

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2020 at 5:28 AM, bison said:

It's been some time since I've actively studied crop circles. I found this account, which may prove of interest:

https://www.colinandrews.net/JuliaSetStory.html

So, anecdotes and appeals to credulity, and no names are given....

From the Wiki (and two of the names mentioned are likely to be the creators of that 1996 one, or at least the inspirations):

The main criticism of alleged non-human creation of crop circles is that while evidence of these origins, besides eyewitness testimonies, is essentially absent, some are definitely known to be the work of human pranksters, and others can be adequately explained as such. There have been cases in which researchers declared crop circles to be "the real thing", only to be confronted with the people who created the circle and documented the fraud,[54] like Bower and Chorley and tabloid Today hoaxing Pat Delgado...

...In his 1997 book The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark, Carl Sagan concludes that crop circles were created by Bower and Chorley and their copycats, and speculates that UFOlogists willingly ignore the evidence for hoaxing so they can keep believing in an extraterrestrial origin of the circles.

...Many others have demonstrated how complex crop circles can be created.

...Scientific American published an article by Matt Ridley, who started making crop circles in northern England in 1991. He wrote about how easy it is to develop techniques using simple tools that can easily fool later observers. He reported on "expert" sources such as The Wall Street Journal, who had been easily fooled and mused about why people want to believe supernatural explanations for phenomena that are not yet explained. Methods of creating a crop circle are now well documented on the Internet.

Crop Circles are often not at all obvious from ground level, so drive-by claims that "it wasn't there minutes ago" are not worth anything, and it's a silly claim that airplane passengers would notice the absence, and then presence, of one.   And all you need is a couple of friends of the hoaxer to make such claims. - that's exactly how they operate.

Added P.S.

Here's a bit of text from Circlemakers, on that topic:

I pointed out that the Stonehenge Julia Set had evidently appeared in broad daylight, in a span of perhaps 45 minutes.
RD: "That isn't true," Rod insisted. "It was made the previous night, by three people, in about two and three-quarters hours, starting around 2:45 am (on Sunday morning, July 7). It was there all that day. When that doctor flew over, he just didn't see it the first time. That happens a lot. His report was wrong. He just didn't see it."
ML: "You mean, it sat there next to that highway all day, and no one saw it? Are you kidding?"
RD: "If you went there, you'd see how the field slopes down and away from the road. The formation was in a kind of bowl, below the level of the road. Going by in a car, you couldn't see it. You would have to get out and walk toward it and look down into that bowl-shaped area to see it."
ML: "But there is a lot of air traffic in that area. Planes must have flown over it many times that day."
RD: "Sure, but lots of them just didn't see it, and the rest didn't think to report it, until that doctor reported it in the evening. I know this can happen, because I've made quite a few big formations and then waited for a day, even several days, before they're discovered."
ML: "OK, so you say that the Stonehenge Julia Set was created in less than three hours, in pitch darkness, by three people, and you know who they are...
RD: "Yes"
ML: "Can you tell me how this was done? This wasn't a free-hand glyph. They must have had a diagram or something..."
RD: "Yes, they had a diagram."
ML: "It has a very precise geometry, following a Fibonacci series..."
RD: "Well, for the first three-quarters of its arc, it does follow a Fibonacci series,* but the last quarter doesn't. It just becomes a circular arc."

That stopped me for a moment, because it was such a precise bit of information, so confidently delivered. Sensing my interest, he asked for a piece of paper from my note pad and drew a rough sketch. 
RD: "Even if I didn't know who did this, I would have guessed it was made by people because of how they did it," he explained. "You start with the large central circle, which is placed right next to a tram line. People asked why it had the large central circle, which is a little out of place in a Julia Set. Simple. To avoid damaging surrounding crop, you have to have a large central area already layed down, from which you can measure out diameters to other parts of the formation. After making the first circle, they measured out a work line for the rest of the formation. This is how the spiral was made....

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 2

Today crop circles are an art form. In the early days they were attempts to fool people into thinking that a UFO had landed. That  fun thinking has escaped believers hasn't it? That's why the early crop circles were circles. Got it? They were supposed to be saucer impressions. This change from prank to beautiful art has escaped the knowledge of the youthful believer.

So youthful believer think what an alien might be trying to tell us in a bent cereal grass. Maybe try something analogous, we are talking to a celery stick, we are talking to a clam, we are talking to a bovine. Seriously, these are people talking to people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

August 22, 2001 

Art Bell: Somewhere in Time returns to 8/22/2001 when Art broke the story of the Chilbolton Crop Glyph, a crop formation that depicts a not-so-human (alien) looking face.

No alt news radio host but the late Art Bell could describe new crop circles as well as he did! Hear Art and Linda Moulton Howe together at the start about new formations in England. Then move the black ball to 1:50:35 for Open Lines and Art Bell on just ONE TOPIC; those 2 new crop formations! 

https://the-eye.eu/public/Radio/The%20Ultimate%20Art%20Bell%20Collection/Shows/2001-08-22%20-%20Coast%20to%20Coast%20AM%20with%20Art%20Bell%20-%20John%20Gribbin%20-%20Science%20Topics.%20%20Linda%20Howe%2C%20Lucy%20Pringle%20-%20Crop%20Circles.mp3

MK

Edited by Malaria_Kidd
A reality check from Pahrump, Nevada!

25 minutes ago, Malaria_Kidd said:

Hear Art and Linda Moulton Howe together at the start about new formations in England.

Wow.  Enough tinfoil there to set up a smelter, so I'll pass...  Did they offer up anything to suggest non-terrestrial origins, other than childlike incredulity?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Wow.  Enough tinfoil there to set up a smelter, so I'll pass...  Did they offer up anything to suggest non-terrestrial origins, other than childlike incredulity?

Tinfoil is not what their craft is made with! Wrinkled up tinfoil will not become unwrinkled compared to a recovered UFO crashed craft's light weight metals found on July 8, 1947. William Ware "Mack" Brazel reported finding debris on a ranch near Corona, NM, about 80 miles northwest of Roswell.

I have seen them day and night and it took me 58 years to see my first one. Have you seen one or more than one? If not be patient and keep looking up.

MK

15 minutes ago, ChrLzs said: