Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Future cars may monitor your every move

Eldorado

"On February 18, executives from the technology firm Cerence rang the Nasdaq opening bell, then stepped into a meeting with their investors and representatives from some of the largest automakers in the world.

"Over several hours, they pitched a strategy designed to help double the company’s revenue in five years: Record every movement, every glance, every smile, frown, and wrinkled brow of drivers across the world—then sell the resulting data for a profit.

"Over the last century, the car has been enshrined as a quintessential piece of Americana—a symbol of freedom and self-expression. It is a space where people share their first kisses, cry after work, and soothe restless babies to sleep, comforted by a sense of autonomy and control. But as the Cerence presentation laid bare, the car’s second century will be very different."

Full article at Vice magazine: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m7jpmp/car-companies-want-to-monitor-your-every-move-with-emotion-detecting-ai

• Haha 2

GlitterRose

This is hardly surprising.

• Like 2

Buzz_Light_Year

In 50 years time you'll be monitored from cradle to grave.

Not a conspiracy just the natural progression of technology.

It's for your own good.

Keep in line citizen.

• Like 2

XenoFish
1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

In 50 years time

In 50 years if I live that long I'll probably be on life support at the rotten old age of 91.

• Sad 1

Piney

And people wonder why I refuse to own anything made after 2000. :rolleyes: