Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Corona Virus Vaccine

Duke Wellington

In a stunning development today Russia has announced it has a working vaccine which has past all tests: They are now going to scale up production so they can start injecting it in October. However, some channels are reporting Russia is going to make receiving the vaccine mandatory.

https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/industry/russia-1st-nation-to-finish-human-trials-for-covid-19-vaccine/76938659

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-russia-says-it-will-roll-out-a-covid-19-vaccine-to-citizens-in-october-12040635

I expect markets to rally next week, the light is now showing at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1

There are at least 125 other vaccine efforts. If the Russian claim is as lame as some of their other stories it does not matter.

They barely tested their vaccine. It certainly does not meet FDA approval methods.

• Like 2

The first link I pull up says exactly what I was thinking.

• The world’s first coronavirus vaccine program could start in Russia as soon as mid-August, even though the country did not reveal anything about its supposedly successful experimental drug that can prevent COVID-19 infections.
  • Phase 2 trials of the drug created by the Moscow-based Gamaleya Institute will end on August 3rd, and Phase 3 will coincide with the actual deployment of the medicine. Healthcare workers may be among the first to receive the vaccine.
  • The speed at which Russia developed the vaccine raises concerns that research has been fast-tracked at the request of the Kremlin, which could end up having dangerous consequences.

I think it was two weeks ago there was talk that the Russians were giving the vaccine untested to high level government officials.

In this article the Russians compare it to Sputnik. Maybe it should be compared to the Soviet's claims of missile capability which the U2 flights showed to be false.

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

In a stunning development today Russia has announced it has a working vaccine which has past all tests:

Highly dubious, to say the least.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Highly dubious, to say the least.

You realize that the "past[sic] all tests"could mean no one died within 1 hour.

There could  be stinking slime spots where they died 2 hours later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Testing and health concerns aside, if Russia does go ahead with this and it does stop the spread of the coronavirus there, it would at least demonstrate that an effective vaccine is possible.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

In a stunning development today Russia has announced it has a working vaccine which has past all tests: They are now going to scale up production so they can start injecting it in October. However, some channels are reporting Russia is going to make receiving the vaccine mandatory.

https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/industry/russia-1st-nation-to-finish-human-trials-for-covid-19-vaccine/76938659

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-russia-says-it-will-roll-out-a-covid-19-vaccine-to-citizens-in-october-12040635

I expect markets to rally next week, the light is now showing at the end of the tunnel.

Sure they have :rolleyes:

You first.

Is this something of an ego issue for the west? Russia beat us so the vaccine is dangerous? There were also allegations that the vaccine information was stolen? 

2 hours ago, kartikg said:

Is this something of an ego issue for the west? Russia beat us so the vaccine is dangerous? There were also allegations that the vaccine information was stolen? 

Unlike the other 125 or more vaccine efforts Russia was silent. Then it offers a claim of finalizing tests it just started.

Safety is an important issue. Where are the safety and efficacy reports?

• Like 1

A week has passed and the good news is that another vaccine candidate looks promising.

https://www.empr.com/home/news/drugs-in-the-pipeline/novavax-phase-1-data-covid19-nvx-cov2373-sars-cov-2/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mpr-dailydose-hay-20200810&cpn=np,pcp_all,nppa,pcp_nppa&hmSubId=iG3gknuKnps1&hmEmail=B_g1xp9bXchE2NpzFd_agzIZDo7e_i8h0&NID=1184830002&c_id=&email_hash=1325f4460235597b0f183e56a3336d8d&dl=0&mpweb=1323-101603-357377

Novavax announced positive phase 1 data from a trial investigating its coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine candidate, NVX-CoV2373.

NVX-CoV2373 is engineered from the genetic sequence of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) using the Company’s recombinant nanoparticle technology to generate antigen derived from the coronavirus spike (S) protein. The vaccine candidate contains the Company’s saponin-based Matrix-M™ adjuvant technology. The incorporation of an adjuvant may allow for greater production of vaccine doses, as the amount of protein required per dose would be reduced. Vaccine adjuvants are also used to enhance and prolong immune responses.

Here is what an adjuvant is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adjuvant

An adjuvant (from Latin, "adjuvare", meaning "to help") is a pharmacological or immunological agent that improves the immune response of a vaccine.[1] Adjuvants may be added to a vaccine to boost the immune response to produce more antibodies and longer-lasting immunity, thus minimizing the dose of antigen needed. Adjuvants may also be used to enhance the efficacy of a vaccine by helping to modify the immune response to particular types of immune system cells: for example, by activating T cells instead of antibody-secreting B cells depending on the purpose of the vaccine.[2][3] Adjuvants are also used in the production of antibodies from immunized animals. There are different classes of adjuvants that can affect the immune response in different ways, but the most commonly used adjuvants include aluminium hydroxide and paraffin oil.

7 hours ago, Candor said:

Spreading VD, viral disinformation, seems to be your love. You are a spreader of VD.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29616207/

The study is a meta analysis. It examines 3 studies and combines them. It suggests that one particular vaccine in use in one part of the world is not working. The question of course is why.

In the 1980s, the suburb Bandim in the capital of Guinea-Bissau was followed with demographic surveillance and tri-monthly weighing sessions for children under 3 years of age. From June 1981, routine vaccinations were offered at the weighing sessions. We calculated mortality hazard ratio (HR) for DTP-vaccinated and DTP-unvaccinated children aged 6-35 months using Cox proportional hazard models. Including this study, the introduction of DTP vaccine and child mortality has been studied in three studies; we made a meta-estimate of these studies.

Nowhere does it state why the children died. Was it disease? Was it undernourishment? Was it neglect? Was it civil strife? What was it?

Is one article the end of it? Of course not. There are follow up studies. Here is one.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31492774/

Out-of-sequence vaccinations may increase child mortality. Hence, sequence of vaccinations should be considered when planning vaccination programmes or introducing new vaccines into the current vaccination schedule.

This is a possible reason. What we do know is that in Europe and in North America records are kept and a plan is followed. In the one area of Africa vaccinations were being done whenever.

Here is more information

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27737834/

Evidence suggests that receipt of BCG and MCV reduce overall mortality by more than would be expected through their effects on the diseases they prevent, and receipt of DTP may be associated with an increase in all cause mortality. Although efforts should be made to ensure that all children are immunised on schedule with BCG, DTP, and MCV, randomised trials are needed to compare the effects of different sequences.

Stop spreading VD and follow the evidence.

In this article we learn the levels of efficacy required of a vaccine to stop or prevent the COVID-19 epidemic.

https://www.clinicaladvisor.com/home/topics/infectious-diseases-information-center/covid-19-pandemic-vaccine-efficacy-examined/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ca-update-hay-20200811&cpn=np,nppa,pcp_nppa,allergy_pcp_pulmnppa,pcp_all,nppa_pcp&hmSubId=iG3gknuKnps1&hmEmail=B_g1xp9bXchE2NpzFd_agzIZDo7e_i8h0&NID=1184830002&email_hash=1325f4460235597b0f183e56a3336d8d&dl=0&mpweb=1323-101532-357377

In order to extinguish an ongoing epidemic, vaccine efficacy has to be at least 60% when coverage is 100%, and at least 80% when coverage drops to 75%. This would reduce the peak by 85% to 86%, 61% to 62%, and 32% when vaccination occurs after COVID-19 exposure in 5%, 15%, and 30% of the population, respectively.

On 8/2/2020 at 5:27 AM, kartikg said:

I hope the Russian Government are stating truthful facts this time, whether they stole the information or not. Because if they pull through this with few vaccinated side effects it will give the rest of us hope. They said in the news today that Putin gave the vaccine to his daughter and the only side effect she had was a fever. I want to believe them so bad.

I saw here in the US one in three say they won't take the vaccine.   Well I will as long as it's proven to be safe and effective.   If those that won't take it want to go on and on living in their own hell with this virus let them.   Those of us who get vaccinated will move upwards and on forward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I saw here in the US one in three say they won't take the vaccine.   Well I will as long as it's proven to be safe and effective.   If those that won't take it want to go on and on living in their own hell with this virus let them.   Those of us who get vaccinated will move upwards and on forward.

People wonder why the US can't control the epidemic that is raging.

Let's see. Is it because there are incredibly stupid people that pretend it violates some imaginary freedom? Is it because people want to pretend that evidence based medicine is not as good as their made up magical alt-medicine?

I'm sure there are dozens of reasons why people what to be as ignorant as they are.

I want that vaccine. I want to be protected.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is another vaccine effort that is looking promising.

https://www.rheumatologyadvisor.com/home/general-rheumatology/novavax-phase-1-data-covid19-nvx-cov2373-sars-cov-2/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=hmn-promo-2020831&mpweb=1323-102725-357377

The randomized, observer-blinded, placebo-controlled phase 1/2 trial consists of a phase 1 portion assessing the immunogenicity and safety of NVX-CoV2373 (5mcg and 25mcg doses), both with and without Matrix-M adjuvant, in 131 healthy adults aged 18 to 59 years. The phase 2 portion will assess immunity, safety and COVID-19 disease reduction in a broader age range.