Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is your top mystery?

Is there some mystery, supernatural occurrence or event that has gone without a satisfactory answer? What is the top one that is always in the back of your mind? 

21 minutes ago, essaywrite7 said:

Yes it was the initial news release and then retraction that made me wonder

.....and the witness that spoke about the thin metallic sheet material that he could scrunch up as much as he wanted, but it would unfold to be exactly as it was.

Edited by acute
Re-worded slightly, for clarity.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Where the hell do all my socks disappear to?

It's only 1, never 2.

:unsure2:

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, essaywrite7 said:

Is there some mystery, supernatural occurrence or event that has gone without a satisfactory answer? What is the top one that is always in the back of your mind? 

What IS consciousness?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Several years ago, I saw two very bright lights sitting low in the nighttime sky over the farm fields west of my rural property. It was a quiet, moonless night, with only a dim glow of light from the small town four miles east. My first thought was that a pilot had forgotten to turn off his landing lights after leaving the airport 80 miles away, but a normal commercial flight should have already ascended nearly to cruising altitude, and would certainly not be as low as the lights I was seeing.

Then I realized the lights were completely stationary, not moving up or down or sideways, and there was no sound coming from them. On quiet nights when the wind is still, I can hear commercial aircraft flying at altitude, and I can clearly see their clearance lights, but there was no sound at all coming from whatever those lights were attached to.

As I was gazing up at the sky, a pickup passed by on the gravel road and stopped.  I assume the driver was looking at the same lights I was watching. The pickup started moving again and I turned back to the lights. They were gone. Not just gone, but completely vanished. I searched the sky for clearance lights, moving objects, anything at all that would give me a clue as to what I’d seen. Nothing but stars overhead. It’ll always be an unexplained mystery for me.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Where the hell do all my socks disappear to? A question for the ages.

do you have a female cat?

• Haha 2

Just now, essaywrite7 said:

Do you remember the color of the lights?

They were bright white lights, like car headlights set at high beam, or aircraft landing lights. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, essaywrite7 said:

I always thought the research that pointed to a higher dimensional aspect of consciousness was interesting. Like the article “The Mind-Boggling Math That (Maybe) Mapped the Brain in 11 Dimensions” by Wired magazine and other similar articles 

I am interested in so-called paranormal phenomena that suggests consciousness and intelligence can exist without a physical brain. Like in your article I believe this all suggests dimensions of reality we don't directly detect with our three-dimensional physical senses and instruments.

I actually believe in non-dual (God and creation are not-two) philosophy that says we are all One consciousness temporarily under the illusion of separateness. We spend our many lives trying to become One again.

• Like 2

I wonder, do you know, who wrote the Book of Love?

Harte

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

My top mystery is why so many folks still assume that awareness and consciousness arose from random bumping together of atoms... form does not give rise to awareness.  Awareness is the groundwork of all form and matter.

Go within and experience the reality that awareness and the source field gives rise to form and matter. 

Then realize that matter, is not and never was a solid static thing, but is comprised of fluid, ever flowing oscillating patterns of energy within fields of awareness.

or not... up to you.

Edited by quiXilver
added the 'or not' bit
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, essaywrite7 said:

Flight 19 is my favorite mystery, I would like to see this mystery solved.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, essaywrite7 said:

I would have reacted the same way. And it probably would have stayed with me as a mystery also. 

Welcome to UM, by the way. 

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am interested in so-called paranormal phenomena that suggests consciousness and intelligence can exist without a physical brain. Like in your article I believe this all suggests dimensions of reality we don't directly detect with our three-dimensional physical senses and instruments.

I actually believe in non-dual (God and creation are not-two) philosophy that says we are all One consciousness temporarily under the illusion of separateness. We spend our many lives trying to become One again.

I experience the brain and the body like a transmitter/receiver.

The signal is our true nature.  The form lets us tune in and broadcast on a variety of frequencies, depending on our awareness, state of health and the nature of the human body instrumentation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Nothing interest me, I find mysteries to be boring.

Of course!

You are in psychological denial.

• Like 2

@XenoFish Carry on mate...  fish gotta swim.

just watch out for those gulls... they'll getcha once in a while....

Liars, frauds, cranks, conartist, and delusional individuals. That's no mystery. It sums up the bulk of Ghost stories, bigfoot, UFO sightings, and supposed psychics. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, quiXilver said:

@XenoFish Carry on mate...  fish gotta swim.

just watch out for those gulls... they'll getcha once in a while....

Nope.

acute said:

Of course!

Nope.

We could probably write a book about you, but you may not be alive to read it.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, acute said:

acute said:

Of course!

Nope.

We could probably write a book about you, but you may not be alive to read it.

It would be poorly written, numerous spelling errors and factually incorrect. 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Nope.

placebo...:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2