Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk Thinks Aliens Built the Pyramids

Essan

7 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Well, that would work, buuuuuut we didn't have those back then, so why bring them into this?

Because if you think humans were too stupid to figure out how to move large blocks 5000 years ago how could we get smart enough to invent all the things we have since then?   So, you agree that aliens did not give us computers?   What is such a stretch to think humans couldn't figure out how to move those large blocks, especially with large numbers of slaves to do the work?  They had pulleys and sledges and they even had wheels.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Because if you think humans were too stupid to figure out how to move large blocks 5000 years ago how could we get smart enough to invent all the things we have since then?   So, you agree that aliens did not give us computers?   What is such a stretch to think humans couldn't figure out how to move those large blocks, especially with large numbers of slaves to do the work?  They had pulleys and sledges and they even had wheels.

If its that simple start building. Building pyramids like that would be very hard even today. Also I don't know why your bringing this up after a month.

4 minutes ago, Chronus said:

If its that simple start building. Building pyramids like that would be very hard even today. Also I don't know why your bringing this up after a month.

That's because you don't understand geometry or engineering.   Have you been to Las Vegas?  There is a modern pyramid there.  I don't understand your reluctance to think.  Just caught my attention again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Not really, we have much better engineering and tools these days. Plus a lot of conveniences we didn't have available back then. 

I was going to say we're lacking in God kings at the moment, but if say Bezos got interested in a ego project maybe... 

The problem we have is "I don't believe..." is sort of just you own personal incredulity. It lacks curiosity. 

If aliens helped, why are there marks from copper chisels? Why aren't the blocks uniform? 

Just to pick a couple of examples. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That's because you don't understand geometry or engineering.   Have you been to Las Vegas?  There is a modern pyramid there.  I don't understand your reluctance to think.  Just caught my attention again.

I've barely been out of my state (GA) so i have never been to Las Vegas

Just now, Chronus said:

I've barely been out of my state (GA) so i have never been to Las Vegas

Well, @ShadowSot gave you a reasonable answer.  Maybe you could think about studying geometry and engineering if the pyramids interst you.  Also you might find a little history outside of the public school curriculum to be interesting.

• Like 3

On 11/15/2020 at 5:03 PM, Hanslune said:

Good image my favorite 'precision' image is this one the third tier from the bottom

7sHvPDg.jpg

Ahmed Ali El-Bashir has his head against it while reading.

You can't fit a credit card in the gaps

Young-woman-snuggling-with-oversized-cre

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Chronus said:

Hard? No.

Depends on what how you want it to look like and what techniques you want to use.

Unless you insisted it be made by hand using ancient Egyptian technology. THAT would be hard as it would take a long time to get people versed on such methods (besides recreating them), it would take a long time and be very expensive and probably legally difficult to do as it would be unsafe.

If you wanted something that on the interior and exterior looked like what we imagined the finished pyramid looked like it would be expensive but technically easy to do. Steel frame with a cladding of limestone and a granite and limestone clad interior built using steel framing.

An alternative way would be to make it with reinforced or un-reinforced concrete, take longer but still very doable.

If you wanted it to be made with the same materials - blocks of stone - but using modern technology that would be a bit more difficult and would take longer and be very expensive. However, it could be done without much trouble.

If you wanted something that kinda looked like a pyramids - that's been done - in Las Vegas

de81797537c9b93032cccc2ab3b58f4e.jpg

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Chronus said:

If its that simple start building.

There is no way that anyone would be allowed to build a pyramid with the methods of the ancient Egyptian because of health and safety concerns.

12 hours ago, Chronus said:

Building pyramids like that would be very hard even today.

Today we would use things like trucks, cranes and powertools. With that there is no technical reason why it couldn't be done.

There are however economic reasons why it wont be done. it would be expensive and what would be the point of doing it ? ShadowSots idea of a vanity project is probably the only real possibility.

Also I don't know why your bringing this up after a month.

Are you not allowed to have an opinion on a post if it have been up for more than a month ? I wasnt aware of that rule.... mainly because it doesn't exist.

• Like 4

On 11/14/2020 at 11:03 PM, Hanslune said:

Good image my favorite 'precision' image is this one the third tier from the bottom

7sHvPDg.jpg

Ahmed Ali El-Bashir has his head against it while reading.

On the row behind his head you can see large mortar repairs and gap fills with a particularly large section on the far right. See HERE. These are found all over the pyramid which it is estimated over 500,000 tons of mortar was used.

Is this really what some are saying that core blocks were cut and placed with the same precision as much of the interior and casing stones? Can't say I've ever heard of such a thing being claimed, which regardless doesn't take away the fact the other aspects mentioned were very precise, though not necessarily unique. Not going to get you any closer to aliens unfortunately, but to give the impression there was no such precision is no more responsible than saying it all was. 

Edited by Thanos5150
  • Like 3

On 11/16/2020 at 11:04 PM, Kenemet said:

There weren't that many slaves in Egypt at that time.  They used corvee labor (taskmasters went to all the villages, rounded up people, and sent them to work during the flood season and then let them go back home with pay for their work when planting season began.)

No, there actually were though. As discussed in post #101, the DE were quite fond of going on expeditions and rounding up thousands of prisoners and their livestock.  The people, like the livestock, were a resource, which given they were not eating them would stand to reason their purpose was as labor. Again, Sneferu as one example, is reported to have gone on two different raids capturing some 7,000 Nubians and 11,000 Libyans respectively. I wonder what Sneferu had going on at the time that prompted him to go out and round up a labor force of nearly 20,000 prisoners?   

Edited by Thanos5150
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Thanos5150 said:

Sneferu as one example, is reported to have gone on two different raids capturing some 7,000 Nubians and 11,000 Libyans respectively. I wonder what Sneferu had going on at the time that prompted him to go out and round up a labor force of nearly 20,000 prisoners?   

Payment.  To the Atlanteans.  For the pyramids.  Which were built at Stonehenge.  We've been over this SO many times - which part are you still struggling with?

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Thanos5150 said:

No, there actually were though. As discussed in post #101, the DE were quite fond of going on expeditions and rounding up thousands of prisoners and their livestock.  The people, like the livestock, were a resource, which given they were not eating them would stand to reason their purpose was as labor. Again, Sneferu as one example, is reported to have gone on two different raids capturing some 7,000 Nubians and 11,000 Libyans respectively. I wonder what Sneferu had going on at the time that prompted him to go out and round up a labor force of nearly 20,000 prisoners?   

Fairly certain it was an election year.

What was the document/panel people use to claim the Egyptians said the pyramids were older than Egypt? I had it bookmarked but changed devices and it didn't carry over. 

3 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

What was the document/panel people use to claim the Egyptians said the pyramids were older than Egypt? I had it bookmarked but changed devices and it didn't carry over. 

I don't know but I think if you look up the age of the sphinx something will pop up about it.

7 hours ago, Thanos5150 said:

It could be anything.  The Nubians were known as cattle herders and later formed the early military force.  

What evidence can you show (other than coincidence) that definitely shows slaves building the pyramids?  Any pyramids.  The evidence I see shows corvee labor.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Payment.  To the Atlanteans.  For the pyramids.  Which were built at Stonehenge.  We've been over this SO many times - which part are you still struggling with?

My bad.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2020 at 4:31 PM, Kenemet said:

It could be anything. 

Then why not the one thing, the obvious thing, that Sneferu would have needed the most during his reign- cheap back breaking labor? 

And keep in mind capturing large amounts of foreign prisoners was common place-they were a resource just like the cattle they stole. Sahure, for example, shows boatloads of such among other depictions. 

The Nubians were known as cattle herders and later formed the early military force.  

So Sneferu captured the Nubians to tend to the very herds of cattle he stole from them? But then sent his own cattle herders to do soul crushing dangerous hard labor every year for what amounts to the rest of their lives.  

They were mercenaries or paid soldiers, not captured prisoners, which regardless there is no evidence of this prior to the 1st Intermediate Period. Even if so, when they were not soldiering, I wonder what they did for the several months of the rest of the year when they were not fighting.   

What evidence can you show (other than coincidence) that definitely shows slaves building the pyramids?  Any pyramids.  The evidence I see shows corvee labor.

It's common sense, not coincidence. Quarry work, of which millions of blocks were required decade after decade, is the worst work often reserved for prisoners/slaves-standard practice for all ancient cultures. It seems highly likely the pharaoh would avoid at all costs subjecting his own law abiding citizens to such  

Corvee labor is said to have 1st appeared in the 4th Dynasty-you tell me what the actual evidence is you see. 

Just like Erich Von Daniken, the Swiss-born scientist with his controversial theories of non-white/non-Germanic or "Nordic"/non-European peoples couldn't come up with creation of their own civilizations. Here in the Southwest US, Native Americans took great offense to his theories about their gods in tribal religions (i.e. Apache, Hopi, Navajo, Pueblo, Ute and Zuni). And even the Celtic neopagans in England with Cornwall, Ireland (northern and southern), Scotland and Wales disliked his theories their ancestral Druids were influenced by space aliens. 

Edited by Solipsi Rai

35 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

Just like Erich Von Daniken, the Swiss-born scientist with his controversial theories of non-white/non-Germanic or "Nordic"/non-European peoples couldn't come up with creation of their own civilizations. Here in the Southwest US, Native Americans took great offense to his theories about their gods in tribal religions (i.e. Apache, Hopi, Navajo, Pueblo, Ute and Zuni). And even the Celtic neopagans in England with Cornwall, Ireland (northern and southern), Scotland and Wales disliked his theories their ancestral Druids were influenced by space aliens. 

Howdy Solipsi Rai

Daniken wasn't a scientist he was a unsuccessful  hotelier until he switch to writing crap books.

He came up with some stuff mainly by taking other people's ideas and promoting them as his own plus some silly stuff he made up himself.

Yes he probably did annoy a lot of people by suggesting they were to stupid to do anything with aliens to help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_Däniken#Early_life

• Like 3