Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk Thinks Aliens Built the Pyramids

Essan

Here is some good data on how its possible humans were able to build the pyramids without the need of injecting the Alien hypothesis https://www.ancientaliensdebunked.com/the-pyramids

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Hi, ShadowSot. If I'm not mistaken I'd guess you're thinking of the Inventor Stela. It was found at Giza in 1858 and since gone to be the unfortunate darling of fringe advocates. See more here (yes, it's article from my own blog):

https://ancientneareast.org/2018/09/04/inventory-stela-pious-fraud/

Fringe adherents have abused this inscription in all manner of ways. They have an obsession with trying to establish that the pyramids and Sphinx are thousands of years older than anyone thought and were built by some nebulous, unproven, and lost advanced civilization that existed there prior to the Egyptians. Or maybe it was aliens....

So in taking the stela at face value, it would seem the Sphinx and pyramids were already there when Khufu came along. The inference is, he just repaired things and took them as his own. You will see this preached time and again in fringe literature. You will even see fringe writers claim the inscription “proves” Khufu found the Great Pyramid itself already in place, even though the inscription nowhere says that.

The claim the Inventory Stela makes is that the Sphinx and the "House of Isis" and "House of the Sphinx" were already there in the time of Khufu, however, it makes it quite clear his pyramid was not.

Maspero:

He found the House of Isis, Mistress of the Pyramid, by the side of the cavity of the Sphinx, on the north-west side of the House of Osiris, Lord of Rostaw, and he [Khufu] built his pyramid beside the temple of this Goddess, and he built a pyramid for the King's Daughter, Henut-sen, beside this temple.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 8:31 PM, Scholar4Truth said:

Here is some good data on how its possible humans were able to build the pyramids without the need of injecting the Alien hypothesis https://www.ancientaliensdebunked.com/the-pyramids

If you enjoy the work of Chris White, the writer, director, producer, and narrator of Ancient Aliens Debunked I am sure you will appreciate even more his other groundbreaking work:

Sleep Paralysis and How to Stop Sleep Paralysis.

White, who is a bat__crazy hard core Evangelical Christian devoted to bringing strays back to Christianity, like the other contributor Michael Heiser, believes sleep paralysis is a form of demonic possession which among other chestnuts he says:

If you are not a Christian, you can stop SP events in the middle of an attack and you can prevent SP from getting any worse using the methods I will discuss, but you won’t be able to stop sleep paralysis from coming back again. This is because the most important part of stopping sleep paralysis for good is using the authority that Jesus has given to His followers to order demons to stop. People who are not Christians should not attempt to use that authority in the way Christians do because it can be dangerous for them.

He also seems particularly hung up on these demons sexually violating their victims. Nothing to worry about there I'm sure. 

And its main contributor Evangelical Christian Michael Heiser of "sitchiniswrong.com" fame among other self promoting efforts:

Mike has an active ministry to people whose worldview is molded by occult, paranormal, and esoteric beliefs. He observed that many who have adopted “alternative” worldviews were formerly traditional theists and Christians who left the faith when their questions on difficult passages and topics went unanswered, or when spiritual leaders failed to address experiences they had had. Mike seeks to fill these gaps as a Christian scholar and has become well known in these circles through writing, speaking, and numerous radio appearances.

While he is often referred to as a Semitic language scholar, which he is, he is also "kook" in his own right whose stated mission from God is to steer those who believe in alternative explanations of say, ancient history, back to Christianity because in his beliefs, of course, this is the more credible view. So aliens bad, the devil and demons good (figuratively speaking of course). Even in his own professional field his work is not always well received.

This is not a complete dismissal of Ancient Aliens Debunked, which on its own is filled with errors, omissions, and half truths which you'll note its main source is Wikipedia including using screen shots of its pages extensively, but do you think it's possible that White and Heiser might not be reliable sources to objectively present information against beliefs that clearly contradict their own? 

Interesting how important it is to vet a source unless they are telling you what you want to hear. 

And to you "Windowpane", you know this yet you still give it your stamp of approval.  

Edited by Thanos5150
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Thanos5150 said:

... you "Windowpane", you know this yet you still give it your stamp of approval.  

To what precisely do you deduce that I have lent a "stamp of approval," Thanos5150?

I have occasionally referenced Michael Heiser's SitchinisWrong site on specific points connected with Sitchin being, well, wrong.

This does not mean that I either endorse, or have any opinion at all of, other aspects of Michael Heiser's work.

Edited by Windowpane
punctuation
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Windowpane said:

To what precisely do you deduce that I have lent a "stamp of approval," Thanos5150?

I have occasionally referenced Michael Heiser's SitchinisWrong site on specific points connected with Sitchin being, well, wrong.

This does not mean that I either endorse, or have any opinion at all of, other aspects of Michael Heiser's work.

Well, Merrell, I guess we can only wonder but lets try to follow the logic path here.

Scholor4Truth says: "Here is some good data on how its possible humans were able to build the pyramids without the need of injecting the Alien hypothesis https://www.ancientaliensdebunked.com/the-pyramids".

You "like" this post, hence your "stamp of approval" of its content. My powers of deduction are truly astounding. 

And for some bizarre reason, in your reply you ignore Chris White, the writer, director, producer, and narrator of Ancient Aliens Debunked, and ignore Ancient Aliens Debunked itself, and only mention Heiser as if he were the point. 

Since you bring it up, regardless of how "wrong" Sitchin may be-what makes you think Heiser is "right" and/or a credible source? My educated guess from knowing you all this time is that like most you really do not care as long as the sign on the door says "Sitchin Is Wrong" made even better by the fact Heiser is a "bonafide scholar". Don't worry about the whole bat_shit crazy Evangelical Christian bringing fringe thinkers back to Christ thing. I am curious-have you all or anyone who has ever cited Heiser actually read what he says and/or tried to understand it?   

Myself from elsewhere:

Interestingly, I have yet to find anywhere in Heiser's "debunking" of Sitchin's translations that he himself can read cuneiform, but rather relies on translations from the likes of the Chicago Assyrian Dictionary and ESL among others. For example, his treatment of seal VA243; he does not translate what it says himself, but rather relies on other sources to tell him what it says:

The seal is transliterated (the Sumero-Akkadian signs in English letters) and translated in the principal publication of the Berlin Vorderasiatische Museum’s publication of its seal collection, Vorderasiatische Rollsiegel (“West Asian Cylinder Seals”; 1940) by Mesopotamian scholar Anton Moortgat on page 101. This book is in German, so I offer the German and an English translation:
Line 1 = dub-si-ga “Dubsiga” [a personal name of an apparently powerful personc]
Line 2 = ili-il-la-at “Ili-illat” [another personal name, this time of the seal’s owner]
Line 3 = ir3-su “dein Knecht” [German for “your servant”d]

So Sitchin is "wrong" because of translations made by one Anton Moortgat in 1940?

In which he had to follow up further still with someone else: "In an email correspondence with Dr. Rudi Mayr, whose dissertation was on cylinder seals, Dr. Mayr commented on the inscriptions and the seal...".

All Heiser has done is research known translations, which he even tells you himself anyone can do, to tell you Sitchin is wrong which was kind of the point of Sitchin retranslating them in that he thought scholars got it wrong in the first place.

Heiser says: "I get asked all the time, “How do you know Sitchin is wrong about aliens in Sumerian tablets?". Which he answers: "Short answer: Because I get my information from the actual ancient scribes. Here's one example among many that could be offered."

So by "actual ancient scribes" what he really means is other scholars who have translated it for him.

Regardless of the validity of Sitchin's translations or his ideas, I am amazed at how gullible some are to gobble up whatever Heiser says as gospel without ever getting to know who he really is beyond his credentials, what he is actually saying, and where he gets his information from. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as he is saying from a position of "authority" what some desperately want to hear.

And:

Yes, many Sumerian-Akkadian lexical texts and word lists have been found, spanning more than 3,000yrs, but you do understand, I presume, these all had to be translated by modern scholars in the first place in which many words have been found to have several meanings of which not all scholars agree. These "dictionaries" you are referring to is what has been compiled by modern scholars of these translations, spanning this 3,000yr period, into a searchable form. This is not to defend Sitchin, which I am kind of sick of having to say, but the whole point of his "retranslating", right or wrong, is that he did not agree with some of these translations.

It is hardly the case to think uncovering the true meanings of these ancient words is just as simple as "looking it up in the dictionary". If one looks at even an English dictionary from the 1800's there are many words that have meaning today that it did not then and vise versa. Regarding one of the more contentious translations of Sitchin's, the word "Nephilim", if we want to know what it means then all we need to do is look it up in a dictionary right? It tells us it means:"Nephilim: "giants," name of two peoples, one before the flood and one after the flood".

According to Sitchin, however:
“What then does the term Nefilim mean? Stemming from the Semitic root NFL (“to be cast down”), it means exactly what it says. It means those who were cast down upon the earth.”

And here is Heiser to tell you why Sitchin is wrong and that it can only mean "giants".

Well, I guess that's it then. Heiser and the dictionary agree.

But wait, here is Ronald S Hendel, Norma and Sam Dabby Professor of Hebrew Bible and Jewish Studies at the University of California, Berkeley, Dept. of Near Eastern Studies, explaining why Heiser is wrong: Michael Heiser's (Mis)interpretation of "Nephilim" as "Giants" not "fallen Ones".

But how can this be if all one needs to do is "look it up in the dictionary"?

And if you actually read it, Hendel notes that Victor P. Hamilton, Professor of Old Testament and Theology at Asbury University from 1971 until 2007, translates Nephilim as...wait for it...:"‘those who were made to fall; those who were cast down’".

Sound familiar?

Some quotes from Hendel regarding Heiser's translations:

What you have written here and in your post helps me understand how you have come to your conclusion, which I continue to consider is unsound.

So your reliance on the Aramaic “meaning” of Nephilin faces what I consider is an insurmountable problem, and I hope I have made this problem clearer to you.
 [Lol]

If you wish to continue to make an argument that the Aramaic meaning of the term “Nephilin” is “giants” and that this meaning influenced the Hebrew, the onus is on you to provide the evidence. But there is no evidence – is there?

Ouch.

Of course I hope none who read this are stupid enough to suggest I am implying either Hendel or Hamilton endorse Sitchin's ancient astronaut hypothesis, but I note this to illustrate the simple point these matters are not as simple as some would have others believe.

I get it that to some Sitchin is "evil" with an intellectual standing below that of a Trump supporting habitual dog slapping baby puncher, but the fact is Heiser and SIW.com have been cited ad nauseum by Sitchin haters/debunkers for years now with no regard to its validity or the credibility of its creator which to be fair most do not even read and/or understand what is says beyond "Sitchin is Wrong' and "Semitic Scholar". Two wrongs do not make a right.  

Edited by Thanos5150
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

Scholor4Truth says: "Here is some good data on how its possible humans were able to build the pyramids without the need of injecting the Alien hypothesis https://www.ancientaliensdebunked.com/the-pyramids".

You "like" this post, hence your "stamp of approval" of its content. My powers of deduction are truly astounding. 

And for some bizarre reason, in your reply you ignore Chris White, the writer, director, producer, and narrator of Ancient Aliens Debunked, and ignore Ancient Aliens Debunked itself, and only mention Heiser as if he were the point. 

Since you bring it up, regardless of how "wrong" Sitchin may be-what makes you think Heiser is "right" and/or a credible source? My educated guess from knowing you all this time is that like most you really do not care as long as the sign on the door says "Sitchin Is Wrong" made even better by the fact Heiser is a "bonafide scholar". Don't worry about the whole bat_shit crazy Evangelical Christian bringing fringe thinkers back to Christ thing. I am curious-have you all or anyone who has ever cited Heiser actually read what he says and/or tried to understand it?   

Myself from elsewhere:

And:

I get it that to some Sitchin is "evil" with an intellectual standing below that of a Trump supporting habitual dog slapping baby puncher, but the fact is Heiser and SIW.com have been cited ad nauseum by Sitchin haters/debunkers for years now with no regard to its validity or the credibility of its creator which to be fair most do not even read and/or understand what is says beyond "Sitchin is Wrong' and "Semitic Scholar". Two wrongs do not make a right.  

It was Scholar4Truth (and not Scholor4Truth).

The link (which you didn't include) was from here.

The blog article in question discusses AE building methods, with arguments, evidence and citations.

I have no comment on the rest of your post, as I don't really know what you're talking about.

4 hours ago, Windowpane said:

It was Scholar4Truth (and not Scholor4Truth).

Don't be a cad. 

The link (which you didn't include) was from here.

See above. Given I actually quoted it in my initial response there is little reason I would or need to give a link to it as well.     

The blog article in question discusses AE building methods, with arguments, evidence and citations.

It is not a "blog article in question", it is a transcript of the Ancient Aliens Debunked video with link including the tagline: "Go to 22:41 in the video". 

I have no comment on the rest of your post, as I don't really know what you're talking about.

It seems impossible you could not. 

Edited by Thanos5150

On 8/2/2020 at 9:08 PM, Essan said:

I am not the least surprised .,,,,  He's no Tony Stark, whatever he wants the world to think.   And in many ways rather a gullible fool.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-53627888

Thread title edited to avoid UM being sued ;)   I don't trust Musk :( 

Does that mean Musk has never been to Egypt and seen the pyramids? 

On 11/20/2020 at 9:29 PM, Hanslune said:

Howdy Solipsi Rai

Daniken wasn't a scientist he was a unsuccessful  hotelier until he switch to writing crap books.

He came up with some stuff mainly by taking other people's ideas and promoting them as his own plus some silly stuff he made up himself.

Yes he probably did annoy a lot of people by suggesting they were to stupid to do anything with aliens to help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_Däniken#Early_life

Not only unsuccessful but imprisoned for fraud during which time he began concocting his current fraud. Nice source.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 9:04 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Hi, ShadowSot. If I'm not mistaken I'd guess you're thinking of the Inventor Stela. It was found at Giza in 1858 and since gone to be the unfortunate darling of fringe advocates. See more here (yes, it's article from my own blog):

https://ancientneareast.org/2018/09/04/inventory-stela-pious-fraud/

Kmt: So good to observe your presence! As a personal aside, it would appear that your facilities are continually improving. Your capacity to deal with what you have been through, and the matters that you are still contending with, are testaments to your internal fortitude. Have a great Holiday season and carry on!

Edit: Punctuation.

Edited by Swede
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Swede said:

Kmt: So good to observe your presence! As a personal aside, it would appear that your facilities are continually improving. Your capacity to deal with what you have been through, and the matters that you are still contending with, are testaments to your internal fortitude. Have a great Holiday season and carry on!

Edit: Punctuation.

Thanks so much, Swede! t's always good to check in. I'm waiting my new apartment before I return to more regular posting. Every time I'm set to move there, however, covid rears its ugly head! I look forward to rejoing all if ypu. Stay safe and healthy!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

God-Anu (El An),  father of Enki(whos symbol is the dragon) and Enlil(who's symbol is the Falcon) supposedly Aninaki from planet x, think that aliens built the pyramids. How strange.

Edited by FFA

3 minutes ago, FFA said:

God-Anu (El An),  father of Enki(whos symbol is the dragon) and Enlil(who's symbol is the Falcon) supposedly from planet x, think that aliens built the pyramids. How strange.

Hi FFA

Not that strange I've been here a decade and can't count the times this has been hashed and trashed.:lol::tu:

jmccr8

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 4:08 AM, Essan said:

I am not the least surprised .,,,,  He's no Tony Stark, whatever he wants the world to think.   And in many ways rather a gullible fool.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-53627888

Thread title edited to avoid UM being sued ;)   I don't trust Musk :( 

I dont think any of us are qualitied to argue with Elon Musk, who knows he may be an Alien. I mean he took Tesla's ( Tesla also may have been a Alien ) designs and incorporated to build his Electric Cars. Then he turns his energy towards Space Programs, and look what he has done in a very short time, its pretty amazing. Not to mention he doesnt even speak like a normal human, it's like when he talks it sounds like someone speaking that is from another Planet.:w00t:

In addition the first thing he said to the US Government was take me to your Leader!!:w00t: So just maybe he is an Alien, lets just hope he doesnt have a book that title is To Serve MAN:w00t:

So honestly I dont know what to say!!:unsure:

Take care my friend:)

Even this picture resembles Elon Musk!!:w00t:

image.jpeg.e47264ece9214594325b615a39f4b9a8.jpegImage result for Twilight Zone to Serve Man Episode

image.jpeg.e48970c96df928804d0df1cc34ed030b.jpeg

I would give this some thought if I were you, you might not want to be talking badly about Elon musk or this could be you!!:D

See the source image

Image result for Twilight Zone to Serve Man EpisodeImage result for Twilight Zone to Serve Man Episode

Take care my brother!!:P

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 7:28 PM, XenoFish said:

They created the pyramids using telekinesis and bigfoot slaves.

You forgot space aliens. 

But maybe Musk really knows something. In September 2018, when he came to Joe Rogan’s podcast, the host asked how the billionaire was doing.

“I’m an alien”, Musk replied. And he smiled mysteriously.

There you go. Elon has a habit of trying to trigger a response out of people by saying outrageous stuff. Of course, he doesn't believe any of that. Anyone who actually believes that Elon is some sort of dummy or crazy, already took the bait. 

• Thanks 1

Well, he is an alien: born and bred in South Africa, then he moved to Canada.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 7:19 PM, onlookerofmayhem said:

imagesca8fc09n.jpg

Ha ha ha haaaahh, Come on man.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recall reading how some ancient scholar mentioned that he was watching the restoration of the Egyptian pyramids... that they were resurfacing it to add the story of the latest pharaoh... hinting that this had been happened for quite some time... mentioned that some sort of skins were involved in coating the vast bricks....   I thought it may have been Herodotus...  tried to see if I could find the article and came across this... some interesting tales of old... of other wonders of his time...  https://www.storynory.com/herodotus-the-pyramids/

Maybe it is somewhere here... https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2131/2131-h/2131-h.htm

Edited by crystal sage
adding information

Of this oppression there passed ten years while the causeway was made by which they drew the stones, which causeway they built, and it is a work not much less, as it appears to me, than the pyramid; for the length of it is five furlongs and the breadth ten fathoms and the height, where it is highest, eight fathoms, and it is made of stone smoothed and with figures carved upon it. For this they said, the ten years were spent, and for the underground he caused to be made as sepulchral chambers for himself in an island, having conducted thither a channel from the Nile. For the making of the pyramid itself there passed a period of twenty years; and the pyramid is square, each side measuring eight hundred feet, and the height of it is the same. It is built of stone smoothed and fitted together in the most perfect manner, not one of the stones being less than thirty feet in length. This pyramid was made after the manner of steps which some called "rows" and others "bases": and when they had first made it thus, they raised the remaining stones with machines made of short pieces of timber, raising them first from the ground to the first stage of the steps, and when the stone got up to this it was placed upon another machine standing on the first stage, and so from this it was drawn to the second upon another machine; for as many as were the courses of the steps, so many machines there were also, or perhaps they transferred one and the same machine, made so as easily to be carried, to each stage successively, in order that they might take up the stones; for let it be told in both ways, according as it is reported. However that may be the highest parts of it were finished first, and afterwards they proceeded to finish that which came next to them, and lastly they finished the parts of it near the ground and the lowest ranges. On the pyramid it is declared in Egyptian writing how much was spent on radishes and onions and leeks for the workmen ...  (II: 126)

There's also Strabo (Bk XVII):

34 One of the marvellous things I saw at the pyramids should not be omitted: there are heaps of stone-chips lying in front of the pyramids; and among these are found chips that are like lentils in both form and size; and under some of the heaps lie winnowings, as it were, as of half-peeled grains. They say that what was left of the food of the workmen has petrified; and this is not improbable. Indeed, in my home-country,179 in a plain, there is a long hill which is full of lentil-shaped pebbles of porous stone;180 and the pebbles both of the seas and of the rivers present about the same puzzling question; 809but while these latter find an explanation in the motion caused by the current of water, the speculation in that other case is more puzzling. It has been stated elsewhere181 that in the neighbourhood of the quarry of the stones from which the pyramids are built, which is in sight of the pyramids, on the far side of the river in Arabia, there is a very rocky mountain which is called "Trojan," and that there are caves at the foot of it, and a village near both these and the river which is called Troy, being an ancient settlement  p97 of the captive Trojans who accompanied Menelaüs but stayed there.182

And Pliny the Elder (36:16):

We must make some mention, too, however cursorily, of the Pyramids of Egypt, so many idle2565 and frivolous pieces of ostentation of their resources, on the part of the monarchs of that country. Indeed, it is asserted by most persons, that the only motive for constructing them, was either a determination not to leave their treasures to their successors or to rivals that 336might be plotting to supplant them, or to prevent the lower classes from remaining unoccupied. There was great vanity displayed by these men in constructions of this description, and there are still the remains of many of them in an unfinished state. There is one to be seen in the Nome of Arsinoïtes;2566 two in that of Memphites, not far from the Labyrinth, of which we shall shortly have to speak;2567 and two in the place where Lake Mœris2568 was excavated, an immense artificial piece of water, cited by the Egyptians among their wondrous and memorable works: the summits of the pyramids, it is said, are to be seen above the water.

But nothing about "... resurfacing ...  to add the story of the latest pharaoh ... "

• Like 1