Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
and then

Election 2020 War Game

52 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

and then

https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2020/07/28/election-war-games-trump-scenario

This is an interesting piece and shows how close we are to very real conflict in less than 3 months.  IMO, MUCH of this risk could be removed if the mail-in plan was simply delayed until 2022.  Why the Left seem intent on this process is obvious, IMO.  This tactic is setting the stage for conflict, come November.  Those who reject that idea, basing it on their trust of this system are ignoring the reality that this TRUST will be lacking by enough Americans that the results will be challenged and for the first time in our history, we may openly reject the concept of peaceful transfer of power.

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990
12 minutes ago, and then said:

Why the Left seem intent on this process is obvious, IMO. 

Yeah, because we're in the middle of a pandemic, it works fine in every state we do it in, and even overseas votes get over here without much difficulty from soldiers and the like. 

The only reason the GOP is afraid of it is because they know, they KNOW, that the higher the voter turnout, the better Democrats do. 

Has I said on another thread, if the only way you cling to power in a democracy is by trying to prevent has many people from participating as possible, you need to be punted into the dustbin of history, or get a better platform that 2/3rds of the country doesn't think is hot garbage. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, and then said:

This is an interesting piece and shows how close we are to very real conflict in less than 3 months.

Yes, but real conflict from both sides,

.....and I've been saying it for months! :hmm:

 

Edited by acute
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
37 minutes ago, and then said:

IMO, MUCH of this risk could be removed if the mail-in plan was simply delayed until 2022.

Listening to this podcast, it does not seem that postponing the use of mail in ballots would be enough to make a difference in Tim's wargame scenarios.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo

It's open to abuse as has been seen in the UK.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L.A.T.1961

It seems like an extreme scenario even given the febrile state of US politics.

Go back twenty years, the hanging chad situation and an election decided by the US Supreme Court. 

It did not create the situation described above despite the potential. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
45 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Yeah, because we're in the middle of a pandemic, it works fine in every state we do it in, and even overseas votes get over here without much difficulty from soldiers and the like. 

The only reason the GOP is afraid of it is because they know, they KNOW, that the higher the voter turnout, the better Democrats do. 

Has I said on another thread, if the only way you cling to power in a democracy is by trying to prevent has many people from participating as possible, you need to be punted into the dustbin of history, or get a better platform that 2/3rds of the country doesn't think is hot garbage. 

It's a falsehood to equate proven methods of absentee voting with what is going to happen in November.  There is a primary election in NY that STILL hasn't been called.  The point of the thread isn't to argue the veracity of a new system, it's to make a clear statement that the mail-in system that hasn't been used in these states on such a scale, WILL destroy trust and set us all up for trouble and it COULD be avoided.  The fact that the Left will not delay it just proves their fear of losing after all the madness of the Blue cities.  Frankly, they SHOULD be concerned.  People who normally either wouldn't vote or would vote D, are so freaked out and fed up with this madness that a very clear message may be sent in November.  You really should watch the video.  I believe the media will be willing to actually lie and misinform over the results and push the country into conflict.  Remember, they've ignored facts and evidence and spun their own version of "truth" for so long that few people outside hardcore Leftists believe them any longer.  It isn't what YOU believe that will control the flow of events in November... it's what the majority believe.  

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990
10 minutes ago, and then said:

It's a falsehood to equate proven methods of absentee voting with what is going to happen in November.  There is a primary election in NY that STILL hasn't been called.  The point of the thread isn't to argue the veracity of a new system, it's to make a clear statement that the mail-in system that hasn't been used in these states on such a scale, WILL destroy trust and set us all up for trouble and it COULD be avoided.  The fact that the Left will not delay it just proves their fear of losing after all the madness of the Blue cities.  Frankly, they SHOULD be concerned.  People who normally either wouldn't vote or would vote D, are so freaked out and fed up with this madness that a very clear message may be sent in November.  You really should watch the video.  I believe the media will be willing to actually lie and misinform over the results and push the country into conflict.  Remember, they've ignored facts and evidence and spun their own version of "truth" for so long that few people outside hardcore Leftists believe them any longer.  It isn't what YOU believe that will control the flow of events in November... it's what the majority believe.  

Dude you've gotta get out of your bubble, most of the country doesn't get their news from Q and Alex Jones, and they know the president is full of ****, because he's constantly spewing verbal garbage, lies, and generally just being a terrible example of humanity. And that's before the ethical violations like shilling for goya beans of all things.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam

WASHINGTON — The nation in crisis. A divisive president up for re-election. Millions of Americans who can't make it to their local polling place. Partisan fights over proposals to vote by mail.

Sound familiar?

It was the 1860s, the Civil War was raging and Republicans, led by President Abraham Lincoln, wanted to let Union soldiers vote from the battlefield. The opposition Democrats balked. They warned of rampant fraud and "a scheme" by Republicans "to gain some great advantage to their party," as one Wisconsin state senator put it before the legislature voted on party lines to become the first state to legalize absentee voting.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/how-do-you-know-voting-mail-works-u-s-military-n1186926

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yup,  just another disingenuous Republican hiding his ties to further Trump's agenda. I wonder how many hours and then searched to find this loser. His pathetic attempts aren't fooling anyone with half a brain. But then, there's a lot of half brained idiots on the pol tab that will believe, and parrot his post to others. It's the circle of stupid. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hugh Mungus
1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yup,  just another disingenuous Republican hiding his ties to further Trump's agenda. I wonder how many hours and then searched to find this loser. His pathetic attempts aren't fooling anyone with half a brain. But then, there's a lot of half brained idiots on the pol tab that will believe, and parrot his post to others. It's the circle of stupid. 

I have followed Tim for a long time. He was excited to support Bernie in 2016 and 2020, but now will vote Trump over Biden (due to Biden's record of incarcerating black people with many laws he directly implemented, like three strikes law, etc).

If you use rational wiki as a source, or if you take the information at face value, you would think that Tim is a Nazi. Tim is as liberal as they come. A true liberal who will debate rather than call names and "de-platform". 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
10 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

I have followed Tim for a long time. He was excited to support Bernie in 2016 and 2020, but now will vote Trump over Biden (due to Biden's record of incarcerating black people with many laws he directly implemented, like three strikes law, etc).

He went from Bernie to Tulsi Gabbard? Mighty big jump in politics!

I was all about Tulsi and never about Bernie.

I say he's full of ****. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hugh Mungus
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Piney said:

He went from Bernie to Tulsi Gabbard? Mighty big jump in politics!

I was all about Tulsi and never about Bernie.

I say he's full of ****. 

Well considering you use Rational wiki as a source, i don't think you are a valid judge as to whether he is full of ****. All you are doing is repeating incorrect information from a biased source. 

Tim explains his positions carefully every time he changes is mind on an issue (like recently when he received a firearm, incidentally sent to him by Stephen Crowder, and he was previously "anti gun"). I sometimes find his segments too "wordy" and it may take him 15mins to say something which could have taken 1. But that may be for advertising purposes with Youtube.

His segments on Joe Rogan were very entertaining, especially when Rogan brought him in to talk to Jack Dorsey.

 

PS> i would have thought the Jump from Bernie to Trump would be a larger jump in politics

Edited by Hugh Mungus
PS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Hugh Mungus said:

Well considering you use Rational wiki as a source, i don't think you are a valid judge as to whether he is full of ****. All you are doing is repeating incorrect information from a biased source. 

Well.....I'm a editor there so your welcome to point out the mistakes and incorrect info. 

1 minute ago, Hugh Mungus said:

PS> i would have thought the Jump from Bernie to Trump would be a larger jump in politics

That's why I call BS. Or he's friggin nuts. 

A lot of Bernie supporters voted for Trump to be vindictive the first time around, but I don't see that kind of turnaround unless your a full on mentalcase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
4 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

(like recently when he received a firearm, incidentally sent to him by Stephen Crowder, and he was previously "anti gun").

Yup, full of **** and ****in nuts.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hugh Mungus
Just now, Piney said:

Well.....I'm a editor there so your welcome to point out the mistakes and incorrect info. 

Firstly, i thought you shouldn't promote your own websites on this platform? But either way, i have some comments around that website. The page on Tim only highlights his "right wing" viewpoints. Can i submit his "left wing" ideas and have them included in his page? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hugh Mungus
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yup, full of **** and ****in nuts.....

No, told by police that he should protect himself after an incident....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Hugh Mungus said:

No, told by police that he should protect himself after an incident....

I alwaya recommended a fire extinguisher to civies. Spray them in the face, conk them in the head and nobody gets hit by friendly fire.

Pretty irresponsible for a cop to recommend a gun to somebody who's never been around them. I've actually taken guns from elders to keep them from hurting someone. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Firstly, i thought you shouldn't promote your own websites on this platform? But either way, i have some comments around that website. The page on Tim only highlights his "right wing" viewpoints. Can i submit his "left wing" ideas and have them included in his page? 

They're there.  Did you look? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, acute said:

Yes, but real conflict from both sides,

.....and I've been saying it for months! :hmm:

 

Definitely :(  The point for me is that rather than coming together to stagger voting times and adding more locations to accommodate the need for safer voting in person, one side seems intent on forcing through a change that won't be trusted no matter who gets the majority of votes in the majority of states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

Having moved up to Oregon from Texas 40+ years ago, I have been here a while and worked all over Oregon and the southern part of Washington.  A lot of that time I spent in small towns.  I can't speak for California, but I do not think Oregon or Washington can be persuaded by to succeed.   We love the United Stated up here.  We may want to run it a different way, but not leave it.  Besides that,  most of the Pacific Northwest is too laid back to leave the Union.

None of my liberal friends hunt, very few even own a firearm. although there may be some out there.  In all the little logging towns I've worked around, liberals are pretty hard to find anyway. Same is true for Wa.  It may be somebody was playing with what-ifs,  but this is one they need to discard as highly unlikely BS.

Street people and opportunist violent types do not want a civil war, they have taken their little boy love of loud booms and fireworks into a psychopathic place, and may not much care if they hurt someone or who it is.  They may be partial to raging against the Man though.

Moms are here to stay and probably deadly at close range with knitting needles, but not a serious threat to the Union..  There are more conservative vets that are  interested in law and order than would push for secession.

Different opinions- great.  Different interpretations of the facts-OK.  Cherry picking facts and ignoring others to reinforce your view-dubious. All open to intelligent discussion though.  Lying about events- not acceptable.

This is a load of BS designed to scare and anger  that falls in the OK to dubious area.   Rush saying the moms and vets were paid actors. - outright lie.

 

. .

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Tatetopa said:

It may be somebody was playing with what-ifs,  but this is one they need to discard as highly unlikely BS.

:tu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Dude you've gotta get out of your bubble, most of the country doesn't get their news from Q and Alex Jones, and they know the president is full of ****, because he's constantly spewing verbal garbage, lies, and generally just being a terrible example of humanity. And that's before the ethical violations like shilling for goya beans of all things.

My "bubble" includes people who reject the obvious shilling the 5th column has been doing for 4 years.  Once again... what you guys believe isn't the standard here.  It's what the other 40+ percent perceive.  If you don't accept that now, don't act like you didn't get a warning come November.  This thing is shaping up to be a planned and executed train wreck just so the Left can deny him legitimacy.  We're headed for a real Constitutional crisis and no one can be sure what lies beyond that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

This is a load of BS designed to scare and anger  that falls in the OK to dubious area.

That'd be your OPINION and we all have one.  Forget about the possibility of violence but imagine the train wreck if the electorate simply deny the results as cheated?  What then?  Anyone who really believes this election is going to be like all the rest is just kidding themselves, IMO.  I've been saying so for months.  The Leftists/Globalist factions are not going to suddenly settle down and behave rationally, after 4 years worth of steady escalation.  There's no indication they'll change course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.