Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police bodycam George Floyd

WVK

Police bodycam footage shows moment-by-moment arrest of George Floyd for the first time - from terror on his face when officer points gun at his head, sobbing before he's shoved into squad car and begging to breathe as his life drains away

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8576371/Police-bodycam-footage-shows-moment-moment-arrest-George-Floyd-time.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Did we ever find out if he was on drugs? It definitely looked and sounded like it. 

That doesn't mean he deserved to die of course.

• Like 2

Is it normal to approach a vehicle with your weapon drawn in America?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Did we ever find out if he was on drugs? It definitely looked and sounded like it. 

That doesn't mean he deserved to die of course.

Apparently Fentanyl according to Candace Owens and her interviewee.  It is also in the link provided too (below).  

I didn't see anything wrong with the cops behaviour in that video.  Floyd's behaviour was obviously an issue, which was even confirmed by the bystanders that knew him.  

"He gotta thing goin on.  He got problems." as she makes a circlular motion to the side of her head about Floyd.

He did say "I can't breathe" a lot, that's for sure.  So I looked up a Forensic site to see what they thought of this.  However, it's not updated to this latest footage so it will be interesting to see if they'd change their opinion or not.  

Looking at a longer, unedited bystander video posted on Facebook, the first thing I notice is that Floyd's voice sounds gravelly, and he repeatedly says, "I can't breathe." EMS and police are sometimes trained that anyone who says "I can't breathe" is lying -- because if you can speak, you can breathe. This is not true, and there are many reasons why people might say "I can't breathe" and still be in medical distress. These reasons include increasing fatigue of respiratory muscles; blockage of pulmonary blood flow; incomplete airway obstruction; and acidosis, a buildup of acid in the blood which triggers an increased breathing rate and causes the sensation of shortness of breath.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/working-stiff/86913

They listed arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease, fentanyl intoxication, and recent methamphetamine use as other significant conditions contributing to death.

This means that Floyd stopped breathing and his heart stopped beating (cardiopulmonary arrest) because of the injury caused by his restraint in the custody of law enforcement officers, to include asphyxia from neck compression. Asphyxia means that there is a lack of oxygen going to the brain. It can happen from obstruction of the airway, restriction of breathing from compression of the neck or chest, or the prevention of blood flow to the brain by collapsing the blood vessels in the neck. It can also happen from the replacement of oxygen in the blood by carbon monoxide, or depletion of oxygen in the atmosphere, like in a fire. "Cardiopulmonary arrest" is not a heart attack. Online sources that imply that the medical examiner is covering up George Floyd's death by calling it a "heart attack" are wrong.

Doesn't matter now....the media posted what they wanted the world 'to see', and they created the violence and the subsequent deaths are on them. 

Edited by Gwynbleidd
adding link/quote
  • Like 6

After watching this, it is clear that they charged 2nd degree in hopes to get conviction on 3rd degree murder. And it's also clear the best anti-police people can hope for is a manslaughter conviction. What I saw was pretty much what I expected was on the body cam footage...certainly not exonerating as Chauvin's lawyers alleged, but more resistance to the process than anti-police folks alleged. With only two charges and ALL the evidence considered, Ellison knew a jury would conclude the lesser charge. This gives the public a shot at the middle charge, which will only further stoke agitated people when it doesn't come to fruition. Sadly, the anti-police rioting and looting probably works in Chauvin's favor. The cop clearly belongs in prison for kneeling on Floyd's neck, make no mistake. But, this new footage is going to create some level of sentiment that Chauvin is more like Zimmerman and Wilson than racist murderer. 

• Like 6

Yea he definitely put himself in that position , all he had to do was cooperate. , but it's mind boggling that these people standing around can realize that they are killing him and he (chauvin) never even seemed to let up to check him . Though with all these people around , the cops are probably scared or at least concerned for they're own safety, as in that situation , anything could happen.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It is in my neck of the woods.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

George Floyd Couldn't Breathe Before He Was Pinned Down by Cops?

https://www.newsweek.com/george-floyd-couldnt-breathe-before-he-was-pinned-down-cops-prosecutor-says-1507608.

sorry but its shows a video  he says he couldn't  breathe before he was pinned down by the cops.

Thats how I heard it too. Looked to me like he was suffering from a cardiac event before the cops even showed up. He might have died sitting in that car if the cops never came. They even say they called for EMTs because he was acting weird.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, WVK said:

Police bodycam footage shows moment-by-moment arrest of George Floyd for the first time - from terror on his face when officer points gun at his head, sobbing before he's shoved into squad car and begging to breathe as his life drains away

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8576371/Police-bodycam-footage-shows-moment-moment-arrest-George-Floyd-time.html

That article has the full 8 minute video. I also found it on youtube under Daily Mail. Id post a link, but the video has a graphic violence warning.

I also saw several edited videos that certain sites made to highlight only what they want to show. Im looking at you CNN....

• Like 2

Watched the body cam footage again. Seems to me the cops did fine till the point he was put in the car and flopped out the other side.

When he refused to get in, they should have put him down on the sidewalk, sitting, till mental health evaluation could be done, or he calmed down. 

• Like 5

washingtonexaminer.com: Jason Whitlock: 'No rational person' can watch leaked George Floyd footage and think police were motivated by race.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jason-whitlock-no-rational-person-can-watch-leaked-george-floyd-footage-and-think-police-were-motivated-by-race

Black journalist Jason Whitlock says leaked video clearly illustrates that the three officers charged as accomplices will almost surely be found not guilty.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

His weapon was not drawn on approach, it was drawn when Floyd wouldn't show his other (right) hand. His body language suggested he may be reaching for something. In that scenario, after 2-3 commands to show hands with a criminal suspect and multiple people in car at dusk, nearly every cop in America will draw their weapon to ensure personal safety. He appeared to holster his weapon rather quickly once he saw hands and Floyd became marginally more compliant. Chauvin is certainly the cause of Floyd's death, but Floyd put himself in the situation with non-compliance. I'm fine with the demands for Chauvin's scalp. but I can't accept this angelic portrayal of Floyd and his actions to get there.

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

It is in my neck of the woods.

Thanks chaps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Watched the body cam footage again. Seems to me the cops did fine till the point he was put in the car and flopped out the other side.

When he refused to get in, they should have put him down on the sidewalk, sitting, till mental health evaluation could be done, or he calmed down. 

It looked to me like Floyd was having a full blown panic attack (for what ever reason).... and this stopped him being able to breath ...

As you say the police did ok up to a point but should have used another method of arrest when he was in obvious distress...

I suppose they get so used to people playing them up and play acting to try and avoid arrest they failed to realize Floyd was in genuine trouble with breathing difficulties.... and in the middle of an uncontrollable panic attack..?

and, of course, kneeling on his neck when he was dying and then dead... was a dereliction of duty and plain crazy...

I think it could have happened to any big man black or white... when police are faced with a large, strong individual resisting arrest..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

washingtonexaminer.com: Jason Whitlock: 'No rational person' can watch leaked George Floyd footage and think police were motivated by race.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jason-whitlock-no-rational-person-can-watch-leaked-george-floyd-footage-and-think-police-were-motivated-by-race

Black journalist Jason Whitlock says leaked video clearly illustrates that the three officers charged as accomplices will almost surely be found not guilty.

Sadly, Whitlock will only earn more grief because of this stance, he's often called out as a race traitor and sellout. I respect him as much as any media type out there, if he sees racism, he hammers it. But when he doesn't...he says explains why.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

https://www.newsweek.com/george-floyd-couldnt-breathe-before-he-was-pinned-down-cops-prosecutor-says-1507608.

sorry but its shows a video  he says he couldn't  breathe before he was pinned down by the cops.

Hmm:

Eric Garner: NY officer in 'I can't breathe' death fired

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49399302

Yea the more i think about that , i don't see anything racist at all in there. Floyd caused a lot of trouble there and resisted and yes , he said he couldn't breath long before he was even on the ground. They should have released that full bodycam right from the beginning. I mean he sat on his neck longer than he should have , but i get the feeling he is not paying attention as much because the cops are busy watching all the people around them, as that could escalate and cost them their lives at any time.I just think Chauvin thought that he passed out or was O'd ing or something. 

17 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

This is America. Everyone, everywhere approaches everything with guns drawn. 

My neighbor yesterday was checking his mail with a gun in his hand...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

This is America. Everyone, everywhere approaches everything with guns drawn. 

My neighbor yesterday was checking his mail with a gun in his hand...

What? Where do you live?

None of this footage changes the fact that the officer kept his knee on Flyods neck long after being told his pulse has stopped. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I dont think it matters. MSM won't touch this. Like with birdwatcher Mr Cooper. He said some very strange things to 'Karen' (before recording). For one, she stated (dog) "he won't come to you". Mr Cooper "we'll see about that". Facts dont matter. 

Edited by Bed of chaos

Wow! It is too bad that this should be a top 5 story, and its been pushed into the shadows by all US media except FOX. 

Cant have truth and facts messing with the Narrative. 

I hope the officers who are charged as accessories, if they are found not guilty, go after the media like Sandiman did. Jumping to conclusions and stirring up anger and hate. All in pursuit of $$$$. Clicks = $$$$$.

Yea , i dont see why this full footage wasn't released from the beginning. Instead only the last minute or so was released , when he is on his neck. Police are trained in this neck hold thing. I mean they are trained to do it.

• Confused 1