Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
markdohle

The virus is a big threat

150 posts in this topic

and then
3 hours ago, markdohle said:

Not sure if I will survive this, with my age and all, but in the meantime, we need to work together, this fighting over 'everything' is really getting absurd to the 10th power.--Br.MD

This is the price we are paying for having totally lost faith in the media that has traditionally been our protector.  No one can rationally blame those who don't trust them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

acute
3 hours ago, markdohle said:

The reason I believe that the COVID-19 virus is not overblown is that in a matter of a few months we have had over 150,000 deaths. Also, perhaps we are at the beginning of second-wave, or the end of the first, I am not sure. Unless people stop fighting over the 'mask' issue I believe we will lose many more people.

In every country where they opened back up, there was a surge, a big one, the United States is a case in point. I do not believe that wearing a mask or not wear a mask is a problem of big government taking over. It is like wearing a seat belt when driving,

You obviously keep yourself informed.

It's not difficult to find out the truth about the pandemic, but we have sections of people in denial.

Regards, Brother. :tu:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

The Wistman
56 minutes ago, and then said:

This is the price we are paying for having totally lost faith in the media that has traditionally been our protector.  No one can rationally blame those who don't trust them.

News Corp, owned by the Murdoch family, including Fox News, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Post, etc. is the MSM, is mass media, big corporate mass media. 

Don't believe anything they say, we've lost faith in them.  No one can rationally blame those who don't trust them.  Murdoch companies don't protect us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Katniss
6 hours ago, markdohle said:

The virus is a big threat

The reason I believe that the COVID-19 virus is not overblown is that in a matter of a few months we have had over 150,000 deaths. Also, perhaps we are at the beginning of second-wave, or the end of the first, I am not sure. Unless people stop fighting over the 'mask' issue I believe we will lose many more people.

In every country where they opened back up, there was a surge, a big one, the United States is a case in point. I do not believe that wearing a mask or not wear a mask is a problem of big government taking over. It is like wearing a seat belt when driving,

seat belts save lives. To drive without a seat belt is foolish, no matter what reason someone gives. for not using one.
So with the mask, and social distancing. It works, just do it. If those who are against wearing masks are right, it will come out in the near future, however, if they are wrong, the death toll will continue to climb, and the unmaskers may be the death of loved ones, which could have been avoided.

Not sure if I will survive this, with my age and all, but in the meantime, we need to work together, this fighting over 'everything' is really getting absurd to the 10th power.--Br.MD

In my household we go by a "better to be safe than sorry later" mindset, despite our political leanings or beliefs. I've seen too many patients wishing they had practice social distancing or/and worn a mask after it was too late; even the survivors of Covid-19. Not just because they went through a nightmare, but because they are still having health issues long after the virus is gone from their system. Blood clots and chest pain are no fun people!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

and then
7 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Blood clots and chest pain are no fun people!

God knows.... I've had both and it was the worst experience of my life.

• Sad 4

Manwon Lender
3 hours ago, and then said:

What!!!! I know your joking, this has little to do with the media and everything to do with you political belief in the President and what he says, even your comments about the media are spoken words from the Presidents mouth.

You have been claiming for the months that this Virus is not as dangerous as in your words the Left is making it out to be. So please at least stick to the agenda and comments you have endorsed from months now, to do otherwise is say the President is wrong and you will never do that!:rolleyes:

• Like 7

third_eye

Present and current research points to dying from complications due to the virus is the least of the concerns, surviving comes with great costs to the physical body and with much long term problems. 

~

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

bee
10 hours ago, markdohle said:

there is a high probability (near certainty? or even certainty) that the numbers of deaths have been artificially inflated to create the fear that is being spread around the world... for example in the UK the government woke up a bit and stopped the daily announcements on the death tally for a while because deaths were / are being attributed to coronavirus when it was something else.... not sure what's going on with that now because we can't trust the MSM to cover stuff like that - and like so many stories that don't fit the Official Narrative - there's a quick (grudging?) mention then the story gets left dangling... having no conclusion..

there is something else going on politically with all this - not just health issues...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

bee
10 hours ago, markdohle said:

Don't worry more than you need to - 

people are expressing concerns about the draconian measures being brought in to combat the virus - because we don't want to go down an authoritarian / fascist like road... unnecessarily...

it started off that lockdowns etc were to slow down the spread of the virus (not stop it) so the hospitals could cope... now the goal posts have moved and people forget that... and forget that around 80% of people get it mild to moderate and of the remaining 20% consisting of more vulnerable groups only a small % will get complications bad enough to kill them.... and treatments are coming in to improve survival...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

bee
2 hours ago, third_eye said:

Present and current research points to dying from complications due to the virus is the least of the concerns, surviving comes with great costs to the physical body and with much long term problems. 

~

yes this is the latest fear mongering - and while this may (and I say MAY) be true for a small % (perhaps)...  

what do you want people to do..... abandon normal living - abandon the economy.... live in fear every day... the quality of life going down and down - until society falls apart....?

I think I had it last December and my lungs were in bad shape for quite a while (same for my Mom) but they are perfectly ok now..

I would suggest that anyone who gets THE virus or A virus does the old fashioned steam inhalation (I did with drops of camphor oil in and I think it helped a lot to cough up all the crap and not let the infected mucus lie in the lungs... stopping normal breathing...)

when I had it... at night I couldn't breath very well at all,  unless I did the steam inhalation and had a coughing session to clear my lungs... which was exhausting and could take half an hour or up to an hour - but it had to be done...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

third_eye
39 minutes ago, bee said:

when I had it... at night I couldn't breath very well at all,  unless I did the steam inhalation and had a coughing session to clear my lungs... which was exhausting and could take half an hour or up to an hour - but it had to be done...

Hope you can get a spare set of lungs... 

5 days ago · The first COVID-19 patient in the U.S. to receive a double-lung transplant was discharged from the hospital this ...

~

Don't let science get in the way of your delusional induced hopefulness, hope is not a plan by the way, you're far from a qualified medical professional to be offering opinions much less advice. 

Best of luck to you. 

~

17 Jul 2020 · A swab taken for Covid-19 testing. Picture from Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah. KUALA LUMPUR, July 17 — People who recover ...

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Free99

If you don’t believe in this virus then you are a fool! Those who  run around and endanger other people by not wearing a mask will one day have to live with the thought of knowing they helped spread a virus that killed people.

COVID-19 is the real deal people it’s not a joke or some lame conspiracy theory. Keep watching and pay attention!! As time passes you will see and feel those around you infected by it. You will get phone calls and updates online from family about other family members or friends who are battling it or have died from it. This is where I’m at with it now. This is not a prediction it’s a fact there is no cure or vaccine for it. The only cure is trying not to become infected. Like any virus it’s going to run a course there is no first or second wave it’s all the same. Eventually it will go away after it has finished infecting everyone it can get in its grasp. And if those people stop spreading it to others. It’s almost impossible to contain it and snuff it out. The world can’t stop functioning so here we are. 

Unlike other flu viruses this one is highly contagious. The world with all of our technology was not ready for anything like this and we should have been. Billions of dollars are spent every day on stupid stuff around the world by leaders. Leaders that should have had an emergency plan for something like this. Short supplies on mask, medical equipment, medication, disinfect and body bags. It’s air borne and has been since day one. People think that means just when you are in a room. How many times have you been outside in public and got a whiff of someone’s smoke? Their vape they blew out? Standing to close and their body odor and when they talk their breath? Have you drove past a waste water plant recently? Walked into a public restroom? It’s in the air regardless there is a slim chance these little mask keep it out of you’re lungs but it’s worth the effort to try!

Yea I know I’m all negative but I’m sick of stupid people not caring. And I don’t read replies or quotes on here I just surf in and out and voice my opinion. I don’t have any patience for getting into a word fight on a forum. It’s not worth the anger involved in it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Gwynbleidd

I'm suspicious of the virus as I'm sure most people are.  Way too much conflicting info from the beginning with this whole drama.  But that said, at the same time, I am definitely not leaving the house without a mask and as I've said in another thread, I am loving this social distancing caper. :D   

It's not a big deal to whack a mask on to go to the store (only allowed to go to a store within 5km right now).  At the end of the day, I really don't want to be bringing home any germs to my family, no matter what sort of germs they are.  

The biggest part that irks me is the fact that the Premier has us in what seems like an extreme lockdown situation.  If I dwell on it too much, I begin to feel sort of trapped.  I don't like that feeling, but that's the part that bothers me the most.  I feel like we have lost part of our freedom to an extent.  Freedom I'm sure, was something that we took for granted prior to all of this.   

Anyway, enough complaining out of me.  I'm sure we'll all get through it, at least I hope we do.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Manwon Lender
9 hours ago, bee said:

yes this is the latest fear mongering - and while this may (and I say MAY) be true for a small % (perhaps)...  

what do you want people to do..... abandon normal living - abandon the economy.... live in fear every day... the quality of life going down and down - until society falls apart....?

I think I had it last December and my lungs were in bad shape for quite a while (same for my Mom) but they are perfectly ok now..

I would suggest that anyone who gets THE virus or A virus does the old fashioned steam inhalation (I did with drops of camphor oil in and I think it helped a lot to cough up all the crap and not let the infected mucus lie in the lungs... stopping normal breathing...)

Ok kids its story time and tonight I have story about someone who will do or say anything no matter how outrageous to make any story fit their warped and twisted agenda. This story is about an opinionated individual named Bee who thinks she caught COVID19 in December of 2019, before the Virus had even left Mainland China. Even though what she is saying is impossible, be kind to her because Reality can be multidimensional and she is living in the Twlight Zone!!!:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

stereologist
10 hours ago, bee said:

there is a high probability (near certainty? or even certainty) that the numbers of deaths have been artificially inflated to create the fear that is being spread around the world... for example in the UK the government woke up a bit and stopped the daily announcements on the death tally for a while because deaths were / are being attributed to coronavirus when it was something else.... not sure what's going on with that now because we can't trust the MSM to cover stuff like that - and like so many stories that don't fit the Official Narrative - there's a quick (grudging?) mention then the story gets left dangling... having no conclusion..

there is something else going on politically with all this - not just health issues...

Please provide evidence other than parroting the words of some political misfits.

What we can't trust are foolish stories and anecdotes told by idiots that override the health experts and dimwits that think they know more about medicine than doctors.

• Like 4

stereologist
10 hours ago, bee said:

Don't worry more than you need to - 

people are expressing concerns about the draconian measures being brought in to combat the virus - because we don't want to go down an authoritarian / fascist like road... unnecessarily...

it started off that lockdowns etc were to slow down the spread of the virus (not stop it) so the hospitals could cope... now the goal posts have moved and people forget that... and forget that around 80% of people get it mild to moderate and of the remaining 20% consisting of more vulnerable groups only a small % will get complications bad enough to kill them.... and treatments are coming in to improve survival...

The 80% of the people you refer to do not get off scot free. Even asymptomatic people get permanent organ damage. That has been known since April and you've been repeatedly shown the evidence. But you continue to purposely and now I suppose maliciously attempt to gloss over the lifetime of misery these people may endure.

The treatments are improving survival, but are not addressing the long term damage.

People are not coming out of their illness as they were before they became infected. Damaged hearts, lungs, livers, intestines, kidneys are happening. Even kids die. Kids are having serious hospitalized events weeks after they recover from the infection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

stereologist
10 hours ago, bee said:

Here we go again with a case study - yourself. You claim you had it, but don't know. You claim your lungs are ok, but in fact you don't know.

And then you go for the old worthless self medication trick. So 1920s. So ludicrous to be prescribing another worthless treatment. No wonder you are pushing HCQ. You're a throwback to the snake oil days.

bee
1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Here we go again with a case study - yourself. You claim you had it, but don't know. You claim your lungs are ok, but in fact you don't know.

And then you go for the old worthless self medication trick. So 1920s. So ludicrous to be prescribing another worthless treatment. No wonder you are pushing HCQ. You're a throwback to the snake oil days.

You are nothing but a politically motivated fear monger... 

And a very rude one... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

XenoFish

Covid has really turned some into complete jerks.:hmm:

• Like 1

stereologist
33 minutes ago, bee said:

You are nothing but a politically motivated fear monger... 

And a very rude one... 

You are a politically motivated anti-science promoter of quackery.

I follow the evidence, not the politics. Show me where I am being political.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Ok kids its story time and tonight I have story about someone who will do or say anything no matter how outrageous to make any story fit their warped and twisted agenda. This story is about an opinionated individual named Bee who thinks she caught COVID19 in December of 2019, before the Virus had even left Mainland China. Even though what she is saying is impossible, be kind to her because Reality can be multidimensional and she is living in the Twlight Zone!!!:rolleyes:

I take exception to that as I KNOW and the doctor confirmed that my brother-in-law caught the covid 19 virus the end of November, 2019, in Las Cruces, NM with NO Chinese connection.  He was so sick he could not recover and was hospitalized in early January.  Yes it was before we were told about the virus but we still don't even really (IREALLY) KNOW when or where that virus started.  Bee can say some thing I don't agree with but you don't know whether she had the virus or not, whether you agree with the method she claims to have survived it is irrelevant (I don't agree with it either) but she may well have had it.

There was conversation in this thread about how the Media /Murdoch companies lie to us all the time and I think the China thing was one of those big lies. 

Do you really think all those cruise ships that were labeled "plague ships" got the virus from China?  How did Italy get it so badly so quickly?  It was already there before January, it's just no one knew about it and the agenda was to villify China without any real basis of truth.  And some people are willing to believe the parts that come from the media that they agree with and refute the parts they don't understand or disagree with.  You Can't have it both ways.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stereologist
32 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I take exception to that as I KNOW and the doctor confirmed that my brother-in-law caught the covid 19 virus the end of November, 2019, in Las Cruces, NM with NO Chinese connection.  He was so sick he could not recover and was hospitalized in early January.  Yes it was before we were told about the virus but we still don't even really (IREALLY) KNOW when or where that virus started.  Bee can say some thing I don't agree with but you don't know whether she had the virus or not, whether you agree with the method she claims to have survived it is irrelevant (I don't agree with it either) but she may well have had it.

There was conversation in this thread about how the Media /Murdoch companies lie to us all the time and I think the China thing was one of those big lies. 

Do you really think all those cruise ships that were labeled "plague ships" got the virus from China?  How did Italy get it so badly so quickly?  It was already there before January, it's just no one knew about it and the agenda was to villify China without any real basis of truth.  And some people are willing to believe the parts that come from the media that they agree with and refute the parts they don't understand or disagree with.  You Can't have it both ways.

Italy got it from plane flights. Italy has a large garment industry and they have many Chinese nationals working in Italy.

The strain in Europe was more contagious than the strain in China. That is why it spread faster in Europe. That is also the stain that was brought to the US.

• Like 1

Desertrat56
42 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Italy got it from plane flights. Italy has a large garment industry and they have many Chinese nationals working in Italy.

The strain in Europe was more contagious than the strain in China. That is why it spread faster in Europe. That is also the stain that was brought to the US.

But it is still not proof that it came from China or that it did not get to the U.S. before February.  I know it was in the U.S. before that, which invalidates anything implying that it came from China after November 2019.