Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fluted Points found in Arabia

Piney

I think I've been to that site in Oman must look at my journal

The new PLOS ONE article carefully examines the fluted points found in south Arabia. Detailed technological analysis, backed up by stone tool experiments and replication by an expert modern flintknapper, illustrate the similarities between the American and Arabian fluting procedures.

In addition to the similarities, the authors of the new study also investigated the contrasts between the technologies of the two regions. Technological differences were apparent in the nature and location of the flute. The authors emphasize that the ‘fluting method’ was likely a mental conceptualization of stone tool manufacture, more than just a technical way to produce a projectile and hafting zone. Whereas the apparent function of fluting in the Americas is to facilitate hafting, or attaching the point to a shaft, most of the Arabian fluted points do not have hafting as a functional final aim. The fluting concept and the method itself are the same in both American and Arabia, yet the final aim of fluting appears to be different.

Similar technique but not the same type of tool.

https://www.heritagedaily.com/2020/08/native-american-stone-tool-technology-found-in-arabia/134582

Oman below: Made 8-7,000 years ago.

native3-scaled.jpg

clovis-point-lamb-site.jpg?itok=HigN7pJL

Clovis just above

Edited by Hanslune
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Similar technique but not the same type of tool.

I know, but it's not going to stop the WoocrapTM,  from being slung all over. 

1 hour ago, Piney said:

I know, but it's not going to stop the WoocrapTM,  from being slung all over. 

Well that would have happened not matter WHAT happened. Woo is all about one must just sit back and it will engulf you in its wretched, grasping, sticky and somewhat unsanitary folds.

LDS: section 77, verse 6, describes the "temporal existence" of the earth as 7,000 years old  so these points and such would be contradictory but not sure if the modern LDS are YEC(M)

Edited by Hanslune
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Well that would have happened not matter WHAT happened. Woo is all about one must just sit back and it will engulf you in its wretched, grasping, sticky and somewhat unsanitary folds.

When Adam and Eve left Independence, Missouri and went to Adam ondi Aham (AKA Daviess County Missouri)  they created the Clovis technology and spread it to the Middle East. 

https://bookofmormonevidence.org/missouri-the-garden-of-eden/  

Now where is that LDS tool from Hancocks who squirts his diarrhea all over here sometimes? I wish to be a dick. 

:yes:

Edited by Piney
Urantia is Dreck
  • Haha 1