Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
ExpandMyMind

New York AG sues to dissolve the NRA

38 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Myles
25 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/06/nra-dissolve-ny-ag-392270

I guess it makes sense, since they literally stole $64,000,0000 from their members. And that's only in a three year period. Who knows how much worse it's been over the years.

I'm guessing that those who will be most vocally against this will be the exact people they stole from :lol:

Can you really win a lawsuit to dissolve a company?   I can see a class action suit from current and former members.   I can see arrests if something illegal was done.   

Can I sue BLM for the damages in the city?   That's getting off topic though.

I have never been a member and was always on the fence about the NRA.   They serve their purpose and have done a decent job overall, but stealing money should make the members angry.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HandsomeGorilla

Lol NRA has been corrupt for years, I'm amazed they have any members left. I guess that's why they offer so many free memberships, they'll just eventually steal it back, anyway. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Quote

New York AG sues to dissolve the NRA

That'll happen :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
25 minutes ago, Myles said:

have never been a member and was always on the fence about the NRA.   They serve their purpose and have done a decent job overall,

When I was young, they offered really good hunter's safety courses for young people and new hunters.  That has been my only interaction.  Seems like their purpose has shifted over the years.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/06/nra-dissolve-ny-ag-392270

I guess it makes sense, since they literally stole $64,000,0000 from their members. And that's only in a three year period. Who knows how much worse it's been over the years.

I'm guessing that those who will be most vocally against this will be the exact people they stole from :lol:

Why are they trying to dissolve the NRA during election year?

Its not the brightest move is it? But then again, there have been a number of bizarre strategies this year including defunding the police. The democrats arent even helping themselves lol.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

Maybe they do corrupt stuff, who knows.

But I can't help but feel that the only reason the NRA received so much scrunity and investigation was because it's right wing.

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)

lmao, good luck.

nra is actually expanding globally,  if anything this lawsuit will bring more attention to it, and new members,  if nra was nearly as corrupt s democratic party, every single state in usa would be like vermont

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
1 hour ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Lol NRA has been corrupt for years, 

really??? lol, any examples?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
21 minutes ago, aztek said:

really??? lol, any examples?

Weeelllll, I know this is really tricky, but you could have clicked on the link provided in the OP.

Oh, but the problem then is that you have to know how to read, and then.. understand what you have read.  Probably asking too much, I suspect.  Sorry, just forget it.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam

The NRA used to be for gun control. Just plain silly how they fight for any restrictions on the 2nd Amendment now.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, Myles said:

I have never been a member and was always on the fence about the NRA.   They serve their purpose and have done a decent job overall, but stealing money should make the members angry.

I left them 3 years ago and last year joined Gun Owners of America.  They are back to the original mission the NRA espoused and worked for.  Screw La Pierre.  It's a damned shame we have to fight so hard, relentlessly to protect one of the clearest rights in our Constitution.  Every state resident that refuses to stand up to the thugs who go after 2A deserve the tyranny they receive.  I guess they think they can go along and get along but it will never be enough until they totally remove the right to keep and bear and in many of the states that isn't going to happen with political speeches and votes. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
2 hours ago, aztek said:

really??? lol, any examples?

Well, their recent visits to Russia might be a clue. Marina Butima ring a bell? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

The NRA used to be for gun control. Just plain silly how they fight for any restrictions on the 2nd Amendment now.

What's this nonsense?  They've never advocated FOR limiting 2A.  If they have gotten much more involved in fighting those who want to remove our rights, it's because THAT effort has gotten so much more active.  Locals in Virginia just got a timely lesson in staying aware at the ballot box.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HandsomeGorilla
3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

When I was young, they offered really good hunter's safety courses for young people and new hunters.  That has been my only interaction.  Seems like their purpose has shifted over the years.

Yes it has. They did great work for many years, safety and marksmanship for new hunters and those feeling the need to protect themselves. Then the profiteering, pilfering and lining the pockets of the corporate types began. I honestly don't know of any gun owner who is still a member of the NRA, they became jaded long ago. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 minute ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Then the profiteering, pilfering and lining the pockets of the corporate types began.

Indeed.  It seems like promoting fear and inducing everybody to buy firearms became a major marketing concern. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
2 hours ago, South Alabam said:

The NRA used to be for gun control. Just plain silly how they fight for any restrictions on the 2nd Amendment now.

true, they did and they realized  their mistake, in politics if you give an inch they will take a mile, so they changed tactics,  nothing wrong with that 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
1 hour ago, and then said:

What's this nonsense?  They've never advocated FOR limiting 2A.  If they have gotten much more involved in fighting those who want to remove our rights, it's because THAT effort has gotten so much more active.  Locals in Virginia just got a timely lesson in staying aware at the ballot box.  

https://time.com/4431356/nra-gun-control-history/

The 1930s crime spree of the Prohibition era, which still summons images of outlaws outfitted with machine guns, prompted President Franklin Roosevelt to make gun control a feature of the New Deal. The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons. Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
6 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

https://time.com/4431356/nra-gun-control-history/

The 1930s crime spree of the Prohibition era, which still summons images of outlaws outfitted with machine guns, prompted President Franklin Roosevelt to make gun control a feature of the New Deal. The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons. Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

oh sht, they had their liberals in 30s too, who knew, 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DingoLingo
6 hours ago, aztek said:

lmao, good luck.

nra is actually expanding globally,  if anything this lawsuit will bring more attention to it, and new members,  if nra was nearly as corrupt s democratic party, every single state in usa would be like vermont

heh they tried to get a toe hold over here in australia.. and were shut down completely.. any politician who even has a sniff of being with them kinda does not get elected.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwynbleidd
6 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Why are they trying to dissolve the NRA during election year?

It's become blazingly obvious how desperate they're getting now.   :rolleyes:

As @OverSword said, "Like this is gonna happen" :lol:

But don't be surprised if there's a mass shooting or two prior to the election, simply to hammer this point home for the followers of the Dems.  Perhaps the shooting of a child as a false flag will drive their point home even further.  Desperation makes people do desperate things, after all, it's gotta have shock value for the masses.  People are incredibly naive if they trust what they're being told in the MSM today. 

Check out this article on how we are already being prepped for the failure of the 2020 Election.  Sources/Links by American Investigative Journalist Whitney Webb (Chile). 

Quote
Quote

As World War II drew to a close in Europe, British philosopher Bertrand Russell wrote that,

"neither a man nor a crowd nor a nation can be trusted to act humanely or to think sanely under the influence of a great fear."

Though numerous examples in the post-World War II era have proven Russell’s point, perhaps one of the best examples was the U.S. public’s willingness to swallow lie after lie about Saddam Hussein’s Iraq due to the climate of fear that followed the September 11 attacks. Those lies, propagated by dubious intelligence, government officials and a compliant media, resulted in catastrophes–large and small, both abroad and at home.

Today, an analogous narrative is being crafted by many of the same players–both in media and government–yet it has avoided scrutiny, even from independent media.

Happy reading! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
54 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

heh they tried to get a toe hold over here in australia.. and were shut down completely.. any politician who even has a sniff of being with them kinda does not get elected.. 

you win some you lose some

 do you have a hells angels chapter in australia?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
12 hours ago, Myles said:

Can you really win a lawsuit to dissolve a company?   I can see a class action suit from current and former members.   I can see arrests if something illegal was done.   

Can I sue BLM for the damages in the city?   That's getting off topic though.

I have never been a member and was always on the fence about the NRA.   They serve their purpose and have done a decent job overall, but stealing money should make the members angry.

I think the precedence the suit cites is the dissolution of the Trump Foundation charity. I expect it's possible, otherwise there would be no point in attempting to do so.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
11 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Why are they trying to dissolve the NRA during election year?

Its not the brightest move is it? But then again, there have been a number of bizarre strategies this year including defunding the police. The democrats arent even helping themselves lol.

Yeah, politically it's awful. But that should reinforce how necessary they think it is to do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DingoLingo
4 hours ago, aztek said:

you win some you lose some

 do you have a hells angels chapter in australia?

kinda.. not very big though

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.