Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trumps Campaign Account restricted by Twitter

Grim Reaper 6

It appears that President Trumps Campaign Account was restricted yesterday for posting a Video which Spread False information, the same information was posted to his campaign account on Facebook where it was also removed. Below is part of the article speaking out about what caused the Trump Campaign Account restricted. Thank God that these companies have set rules and regulations concerning accurate reporting concerning issues with COVID19.

(CNN) — Twitter said on Wednesday it had restricted President Donald Trump’s campaign from tweeting after its account shared a video containing false claims about the coronavirus.

The tweet, a video of Trump’s interview with Fox News in which he said children are “almost immune” to the virus, “is in violation of the Twitter Rules on Covid-19 misinformation,” a Twitter spokesperson said in a statement. “The account owner will be required to remove the Tweet before they can Tweet again.”

The account appeared to have the ability to tweet following Twitter’s statement, suggesting the campaign had complied with the order and removed the video. Twitter confirmed to CNN that the campaign’s account can tweet again.

Just hours before, Facebook removed a post from Trump’s main page featuring the same interview for similar reasons.

https://wsvn.com/news/politics/twitter-temporarily-restricted-trump-campaigns-ability-to-tweet-over-false-covid-19-claims/

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Yeah for censorship :innocent:.

"But it's a private company".

Okay well it's still clearly censorship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

There is a very big difference between sensorship and breaking rules you have agreed too. Just like on this forum there are a set of rules we all must follow, if we violate them we warned for doing so. Do you also call the rules this forum enforces censorship, or are any rules anywhere just another form of Censorship to you??

I don't call restricting any account sensorship if the account holder posts blatantly false information with the intention of spreading misinformation  that has been debunked and proven to wrong. I already believe that there is far to much false And inaccurate information being intentionally spread to make a very bad situation worst. Especially when that information can endanger someone's health.

I find it very atrocious that our Presidents Campaign would be doing such things with the Presidents approval, but that is nothing new when it comes to him and his administration. Like I said above I am glad that media sources like Twitter and Facebook have made rules concerning the spread of non-factual information about COVID19. These rules are not Censorship when they are designed to stop the dangerous spread of false information. 

Below is a US Law that covers spreading false information to the public where harm may result from that information.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1038

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

ya, all the democrats of CNN  want to do is to take over Trump:( so Trump keep on Twittering :)

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

ya, all the democrats of CNN  want to do is to take over Trump:( so Trump keep on Twittering :)

Yes I also hope he keeps tweeting false information because soon he will be banned for violating their rules.;)

• Like 1

Trump Inc buys twitter... 

~

• Haha 5

A blind person can see just how far the censorship of anything opposing a Democrats point of view goes.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Trump Inc buys twitter... 

~

Trump is so far over extended, I doubt he can even afford it.:D

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

A blind person can see just how far the censorship of anything opposing a Democrats point of view goes.

A less blind person will realise what this is about - it's about morons posting dangerous information.  And that especially applies to morons who should know better.  Let's face it - Trump doesn't know better, but he somehow occupies a role where he should.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

I already believe that there is far to much false And inaccurate information being intentionally spread to make a very bad situation worst

Yeah, it'd be nice if the mods clamped down on the lies being spread on UM's pol tab. It's so obvious a blind man could spot it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

You make a brilliant point, however that isn't the case. They violated Twitters rules with a video that put out false information, information that could cause harm to people lives if followed, you may think that isn't important or peoples lives don't matter, but that isn't exceptable to me and obviously Twitter feels the same way.:yes:

Take Care.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

"Hey man, you broke the rules, please step outside until you're ready to behave" is not censorship. Its the same rules everybody else in this world has to follow. 

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You make a brilliant point, however that isn't the case. They violated Twitters rules with a video that put out false information, information that could cause harm to people lives if followed, you may think that isn't important or peoples lives don't matter, but that isn't exceptable to me and obviously Twitter feels the same way.:yes:

Take Care.

Facts matter, since when did the likes of Twit or major news outlets worry about that.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

A less blind person will realise what this is about - it's about morons posting dangerous information.  And that especially applies to morons who should know better.  Let's face it - Trump doesn't know better, but he somehow occupies a role where he should.

So many out in twit world and beyond, but lets pile on Trump he is the blonde haired saviour after all. Im no Trump supporter or follower what I do follow is the incessant hatred for him via the news and social platform owners.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

So many out in twit world and beyond

Was that aimed at me?  You might want to check forum rules.

but lets pile on Trump

Yes, let's.  He deserves every shred of it.

he is the blonde haired saviour after all.

Of the Covid Virus, you mean?

Im no Trump supporter or follower

Of course not - we can tell.

what I do follow is the incessant hatred for him via the news and social platform owners.

Again, well deserved hatred.  I'm not seeing the problem.

You know, they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.... (thanks, Carl..) 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ChrLzs said:

Was that aimed at me?  You might want to check forum rules.

Yes, let's.  He deserves every shred of it.

Of the Covid Virus, you mean?

Of course not - we can tell.

Again, well deserved hatred.  I'm not seeing the problem.

You know, they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.... (thanks, Carl..) 

Opinions are a bit like empty chip packets.

Something you are well familiar with?

Getting back on topic, ATC, how about you pony up on this one.  Do you agree with Trump's statements - just a Yes or No will do fine.  Do you need the full transcript?

• Like 2

Here's the "wisdom", in full:

“This thing is going away, it will go away like things go away. My view is that schools should be open,” Trump said on Fox and Friends Aug. 5. “If you look at children, children are almost, I would almost say definitely, but almost immune from this disease. So few. Hard to believe. I don’t know how you feel about it but they have much stronger immune systems than we do somehow for this. They don’t have a problem.”

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Trump is so far over extended, I doubt he can even afford it.:D

Taxpayers will buy it for him and he gets a nice fat sales commission too. 

It is what it is... 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Facts matter, since when did the likes of Twit or major news outlets worry about that.

Since the Pandemic started, and all the Conspiracy Theories and other false information has been released claiming false cures exist. Don't you understand how dangerous this can be, it's like when the President made claims that ingesting household cleaners can cleanse the body of the Virus. Do you realize that people were hospitalized do to that false claim. So that us when the New Rules were introduced to put an end to false information in those media platforms.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Since the Pandemic started, and all the Conspiracy Theories and other false information has been released claiming false cures exist. Don't you understand how dangerous this can be, it's like when the President made claims that ingesting household cleaners can cleanse the body of the Virus. Do you realize that people were hospitalized do to that false claim. So that us when the New Rules were introduced to put an end to false information in those media platforms.

I dont remember that in that context.

7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Taxpayers will buy it for him and he gets a nice fat sales commission too. 

It is what it is... 

~

Look we are talking about a man who has plead guiltily to stealing Millions of Dollars from the Trump Charity to buy cars, a portrait of himself and to finance his run for the presidency during the 2016 election. This guy will not ask for anything, he will just steal it, because like he says he can get away with anything.:td:

• Like 5

I dont remember that in that context.

Well type it into the internet and do a search it's easy to find. When you find then post a response, I think that's fair enough. If you don't respond I will understand.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

So many out in twit world and beyond, but lets pile on Trump he is the blonde haired saviour after all. Im no Trump supporter or follower what I do follow is the incessant hatred for him via the news and social platform owners.

Why do you follow the hatred of him, do you also follow all the hatred he spews. You see from the beginning he has been spewing unadulterated hatred for immigrants, women, people of color, other politicians and so much more I don't have time to list it all here. No one hates more than President Trump himself and hate inspires more hate, it's a nasty never ending cycle that he started, and now he must also deal with. 

Now if you do t support him or follow him what inspires you to follow all the incessant Hatred.:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Democrats want to block out all of Trump ads , but wants Biden ads to go on :) they did it to to block all of trump`s  son ,

Edited by docyabut2