Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The best argument of atheists vs God

oslove

I am certain God exists in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Addressing atheists, what is your concept of God?

Please abstain from nonsense posting in this thread, by nonsense I mean I can discern that you are not after expounding on the existence or non-existence of God, but into anything at all to seek in effect to distract readers from the issue God exists or not.

And I request that you atheists do honest intelligent productive thinking and writing in this thread, by contributing nonsense posts here you are not into honest intelligent productive thinking and writing.

So, dear atheists, first I ask you, what is your concept of God?

And very important, first present your concept of God, before you start talking against God or my concept of God or my argument for God's existence, why? Because if you don't first present your concept of God, readers will not know where you are coming from and where you are going to, in this my thread, and that is posting nonsense, here in my thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The very definition of an atheist is a person who does not believe in God so I don't know why you are asking them what is their concept of God.  The obvious answer is god is an invented being that people have been brainwashed mainly through fear, into believing exists.

Don't you think you should have started this thread detailing your own beliefs and why you believe them?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The very definition of an atheist is a person who does not believe in God so I don't know why you are asking them what is their concept of God.

Where's that "drops the mic" meme... :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The word math is not adding up. An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in god. Meaning they have no personal concept of it. The only one they might have is the various religion based descriptions. Other than that I don't understand the point of this thread. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yea, if someone doesn't acknowledge something, there's really no concept of it, is there? 

I don't really call myself an atheist, more of an agnostic as I don't necessarily deny the existence of a God (only really because I don't typically think in absolutes), but the very concept of a God makes no sense to me. I've said it before, in my opinion, the idea of a God came about when man was unable to explain what was going on around him. They really had no frame of reference and their understanding of science, physics and the natural world was nil. To me, it's much like when the Chinese started coming across huge fossils and dinosaur bones. Unable to explain it, they came up with tales of dragons. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, oslove said:

I am certain God exists in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Please abstain from nonsense posting in this thread, by nonsense I mean I can discern that you are not after expounding on the existence or non-existence of God, but into anything at all to seek in effect to distract readers from the issue God exists or not.

And I request that you atheists do honest intelligent productive thinking and writing in this thread, by contributing nonsense posts here you are not into honest intelligent productive thinking and writing.

And very important, first present your concept of God, before you start talking against God or my concept of God or my argument for God's existence, why? Because if you don't first present your concept of God, readers will not know where you are coming from and where you are going to, in this my thread, and that is posting nonsense, here in my thread.

The position I held as an Atheist, before I became an Agnostic was that I didn’t see evidence therefore, don’t believe in the monotheist construct of god. 

The Bible at best is a book of myths, which was and is a common way to pass on beliefs that hold value for some or serve as a coping system. 

My position is we cannot know god, any clams otherwise are subjective because philosophically god is beyond human reasoning. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

The position I held as an Atheist, before I became an Agnostic was that I didn’t see evidence therefore, don’t believe in the monotheist construct of god. 

The Bible at best is a book of myths, which was and is a common way to pass on beliefs that hold value for some or serve as a coping system. 

My position is we cannot know god, any clams otherwise are subjective because philosophically god is beyond human reasoning. 

You've never taken psilocybin :D

• Haha 1

Dear atheists, you claim that you don't need to have a concept of God because you deny God exists, but then you must have as literate and educated human beings, some stock knowledge and information on concepts of God among the three monotheistic faiths of Christianity, Islam, Judaism: otherwise you are into nonsense posting in this thread, why? Because if you absolutely don't have any ideas about God at all, you should not have posted in this my thread, so it is obvious that you are into nonsense posting here.

Tell me, you deny God exists or not: if you deny God exists but you don't have any knowledge/information, on the ideas of what is God, then you definitely are into nonsense posting or you are irrational.

Now the the OP informs you on the concept of God from yours truly, namely:

God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, so there, you now know one concept of God, wherefore no sense in you denying that you don't know any God because you deny God exists.

And you must now have some rational grounds to deny God exists, God in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

So, please present your best argument or anything at all to explain why you deny God exists, otherwise you are either into nonsense posting here, or you are irrational.

• Confused 1

God definition: Eternal (no beginning, no end). Omniscient and omnipotent to its peers (not only to its subjects).

Probability of God existing: 0%

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, oslove said:

Dear atheists, you claim that you don't need to have a concept of God because you deny God exists, but then you must have as literate and educated human beings, some stock knowledge and information on concepts of God among the three monotheistic faiths of Christianity, Islam, Judaism: otherwise you are into nonsense posting in this thread, why? Because if you absolutely don't have any ideas about God at all, you should not have posted in this my thread, so it is obvious that you are into nonsense posting here.

Tell me, you deny God exists or not: if you deny God exists but you don't have any knowledge/information, on the ideas of what is God, then you definitely are into nonsense posting or you are irrational.

God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, so there, you now know one concept of God, wherefore no sense in you denying that you don't know any God because you deny God exists.

And you must now have some rational grounds to deny God exists, God in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

So, please present your best argument or anything at all to explain why you deny God exists, otherwise you are either into nonsense posting here, or you are irrational.

The only concept of God there is, is the Abrahamic God whom appears to be nothing more than a dumb, pompous, malignant narcissistic brute.  The ultimate bad example.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, oslove said:

Let's get something very clear here. Most of us know of a god, that god is a concept within a religion. It has X, Y, Z, traits. This entity is often claimed to possess miraculous powers. When put to the test it doesn't work. The idea is abandoned, eventually there are not God-Ideas left and people abandon it all together. 

Read my first bolded response. 

God is basically an idea that mankind created to explain the unknown. Starting in essence with animism, meaning everything had a spirit, asking these spirit supposedly gave them favor, which lead to the creation of the various god/s/ess's. You speak a great deal about denying god, yet what is there to base it on. What evidence is there for god, that supports god? It's hard to deny something that apparently doesn't exist.

If god exist, does god have a god? If god doesn't have a god is god an atheist?

Quit demanding from us, why don't you start presenting your best argument instead. We do our part. It is your turn now. Please do this without the insults.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, oslove said:

And you must now have some rational grounds to deny God exists

Firstly let me state that I do believe in God but not in organized religion or much scripture, but it's plain to me that the rational grounds to deny the existence of god is that there is no proof.  Nobody can prove god exists or prove that god doesn't exist.  Prove that god, as you say:

is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning

You can not prove that with facts that I know of.  A person that has no faith in the existence of god is naturally going to come to the conclusion that there is no god because the only way you can believe it is through your own personal faith.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, oslove said:

I reject the concepts of various gods believers have put forth because they are all devoid of evidence, or logic.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Firstly let me state that I do believe in God but not in organized religion or much scripture, but it's plain to me that the rational grounds to deny the existence of god is that there is no proof.  Nobody can prove god exists or prove that god doesn't exist.  Prove that god, as you say:

You can not prove that with facts that I know of.  A person that has no faith in the existence of god is naturally going to come to the conclusion that there is no god because the only way you can believe it is through your own personal faith.

Even if god could be proven to exist, another problem arises, that is "Where did god come from?". So it's just a series of infinite questions that can never be answered. A lot of the times I think it's best to just leave such concepts up in the air. 

• Like 1

Sure I believe in Dog!

My neighbor has several...

*rereads*  d'oh!  dyslexia acting up again... always does this when it's going to rain for 40 days and nights.

edit to add:  I wonder at the response Noah would have received had he delivered his imminent Flood! message to Scotland...  "Fourty days of rain you say?  Well mate, settle in for a pint, we're currently on day 89 with no let up in sight!"

Edited by quiXilver
fun
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oslove said:

if god really exists there wouldn't be atheists

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oslove said:

Do you deny that leprechauns exist?  Is that based on rational grounds?  If so, then you understand why I don't believe in God.  

• Like 3

"I refuse to prove I exist, for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing"

I wasn't always an atheist, I, once, had a very strong faith. However, events in my life caused me to ask questions, I asked the Elders of my congregation some of those questions and I was told that I shouldn't be asking those questions. I was also told that god does everything for a reason and chooses not to reveal those reasons to us, I started to think that god is rather cruel. In my early twenties my mental health took a turn for the worse which resulted in me being admitted to hospital, one of the elders visited me during my stay and told me that what I had done was an affront to god and he has not pleased with me. I asked the elder why god had told him and not me how he felt, surely he knew that I was in need of spiritual help? I had prayed to god asking for help and guidance, to no avail. Then he had the audacity to "send" an elder to tell me that, despite my pleas for help, he was angry at me. That night, from my hospital bed, I spoke to god for the last time. I said to him that although he is angry with me, I was absolutely furious with him. After that I started to see the world differently. I got the help I needed, not from the church or some all powerful being, but from someone who I became friends with in hospital. Now, I suspect that there are those who will say that god sent the friend to me, to that I say "pah!" I started to realise that there are some great people in this world who don't have the "burden" of faith. It took about 18 month - 2 years for my faith to leave me. That was over 30 years ago, I still struggle with mental health issues, but things are much better now. The one thing that has stuck with me is my, absolute, conviction that god, however other may view him, simply does not exist. Am I likely to change my view on that? No! I have a perfectly good moral compass and I try my best to do right by my fellow man, not because some bearded old man sitting in a throne made of clouds tells me I should, but because I know right from wrong, this is something I learned from a much wiser old man, my granddad. A man who had lived for 96 years without any form of faith and he was one of the greatest men I have ever known.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Do you deny that leprechauns exist?  Is that based on rational grounds?  If so, then you understand why I don't believe in God.  

you could ask: 'do Gorillas exist'? Over 100 years ago this was an enigma.... Why is it not now?;)

2 hours ago, oslove said:

a superstitious concept, in an attempt by primitive men to understand the nature of their reality.

An outmoded model of reality

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

. . .

Now that you bring in the term, evidence, you owe it to your self credit as a poster here in UM to present what you know to be the meaning of the term, evidence.

That is what atheists are always harping on, that there is no evidence for God, but they are quiet on what is evidence, so dear Sherapy, you can help them by telling them and me also of course, what is evidence?

4 minutes ago, oslove said:

Now that you bring in the term, evidence, you owe it to your self credit as a poster here in UM to present what you know to be the meaning of the term, evidence.

That is what atheists are always harping on, that there is no evidence for God, but they are quiet on what is evidence, so dear Sherapy, you can help them by telling them and me also of course, what is evidence?

So Oslove, where is your evidence for god's existence? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked