Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The best argument of atheists vs God

oslove

3 hours ago, oslove said:

Now that you bring in the term, evidence, you owe it to your self credit as a poster here in UM to present what you know to be the meaning of the term, evidence.

That is what atheists are always harping on, that there is no evidence for God, but they are quiet on what is evidence, so dear Sherapy, you can help them by telling them and me also of course, what is evidence?

Oslove, this is impossible to answer, because there is no evidence for or against a god, at best we can say we don’t know at this point.

The most honest position is to conclude agnostically. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Oslove, this is impossible to answer, because there is no evidence for or against a god, at best we can say we don’t know at this point.

The most honest position is to conclude agnostically. 

I honestly think oslove's only intention is to harass atheist. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:
3 hours ago, oslove said:

Okay, dear Over, you tell me how I should proceed to prove God exists to you.

why bother trying:sleepy: you are funny

edit to add:

you still haven't answered my question:

why am i an atheist? when you answer this question maybe you might get a little respect from me= if deep down you don't care how i feel then what is the point of this thread? there ya go= another question:sleepy:

Edited 2 hours ago by Dejarma

Dear atheist Dejarma, in less than 30 words tell me in intelligible speech what is the point you are making in the above post?

Are you on the contrary asking me to give you respect? Respect is earned not begged for, in particular if you atheist Dejarma have not produced any piece of writing to explain what is your being an atheist all about, as to convince mankind that your being an atheist is grounded on reasons, facts, truths, evidence, and goodness in mankind?

For atheists here who are into nonsense posting, and that's why I don't bother with interacting with you, that should save bandwidth for this UM website, turn over a new leaf, do this honest intelligent productive thinking exercise:

Ask yourselves, Has there always been existence?

Don't start going to your mentors of atheistic shallow rote memory slogans and cliches, instead think hard from a clean slate in your brain, this conditional question:

"Had there been nothingness once upon a 'time', would I be here today in this UM forum?"

Give your IQ asset to that question, and report back to me - instead of wasting the bandwidth of this UM website.

OK Osolv, I propose to you the god Graviton, lord of mass and heaviness.  He dwells out there on a mountaintop where ever gods dwell.

Graviton has a multitude of minions: angels and archangels and demons and neriads and pixies and djinn and many others.  Different sects argue and even fight over the name's of Graviton's commanders of hosts.

It is they who pull the raindrops to the ground to water the crops. Graviton's minions of war cause arrows and sling stones and even catapult stones to come to earth.  He is a god of generosity and of anger.

Graviton hates sloth and clumsiness. Graviton's servants pull you to the ground if you stumble or shatter your water jug if you let it slip.

Graviton's minions are everywhere night and day.  On the tallest mountain or the deepest cave you cannot escape them.  Night or day even in blinding storms they watch you and do Graviton's will upon you.

Graviton seems to be omnipotent and omniscient, you cannot escape him. 

People pray to him constantly but he is harsh in his judgement and does not often answer prayers.  When someone drops their favorite water jar upon stony ground and it does not break, people say that one is beloved by Graviton and throw her off a cliff as a sacrifice to please Graviton, but they seldom get good luck from this.

Then one day a lazy scholar says, "I have an idea, maybe there is some form of attraction between objects.  The earth being a big object attracts all other objects to it."

There is a series of tiny pops followed by a loud bang as all of Graviton's minions followed by Graviton himself exit this universe to dwell in the realm of obsolete gods. 

Few remember Graviton's existence in these days after the lazy scholar spoke and fewer still yet pray to Graviton.  Sic transit gloria mundi.

Do you have an argument for me that proves Graviton does not exist? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, oslove said:

I am certain God exists in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Addressing atheists, what is your concept of God?

Please abstain from nonsense posting in this thread, by nonsense I mean I can discern that you are not after expounding on the existence or non-existence of God, but into anything at all to seek in effect to distract readers from the issue God exists or not.

And I request that you atheists do honest intelligent productive thinking and writing in this thread, by contributing nonsense posts here you are not into honest intelligent productive thinking and writing.

So, dear atheists, first I ask you, what is your concept of God?

And very important, first present your concept of God, before you start talking against God or my concept of God or my argument for God's existence, why? Because if you don't first present your concept of God, readers will not know where you are coming from and where you are going to, in this my thread, and that is posting nonsense, here in my thread.

Why do you keep making posts?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

OK Osolv, I propose to you the god Graviton, lord of mass and heaviness.  He dwells out there on a mountaintop where ever gods dwell.

Graviton has a multitude of minions: angels and archangels and demons and neriads and pixies and djinn and many others.  Different sects argue and even fight over the name's of Graviton's commanders of hosts.

It is they who pull the raindrops to the ground to water the crops. Graviton's minions of war cause arrows and sling stones and even catapult stones to come to earth.  He is a god of generosity and of anger.

Graviton hates sloth and clumsiness. Graviton's servants pull you to the ground if you stumble or shatter your water jug if you let it slip.

Graviton's minions are everywhere night and day.  On the tallest mountain or the deepest cave you cannot escape them.  Night or day even in blinding storms they watch you and do Graviton's will upon you.

Graviton seems to be omnipotent and omniscient, you cannot escape him. 

People pray to him constantly but he is harsh in his judgement and does not often answer prayers.  When someone drops their favorite water jar upon stony ground and it does not break, people say that one is beloved by Graviton and throw her off a cliff as a sacrifice to please Graviton, but they seldom get good luck from this.

Then one day a lazy scholar says, "I have an idea, maybe there is some form of attraction between objects.  The earth being a big object attracts all other objects to it."

There is a series of tiny pops followed by a loud bang as all of Graviton's minions followed by Graviton himself exit this universe to dwell in the realm of obsolete gods. 

Few remember Graviton's existence in these days after the lazy scholar spoke and fewer still yet pray to Graviton.  Sic transit gloria mundi.

Do you have an argument for me that proves Graviton does not exist? 

I shall sacrifice 15 mighty bulls  to our lLord Graviton before nights end as commanded in the ancient texts!

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I shall sacrifice 15 mighty bulls  to our lLord Graviton before nights end as commanded in the ancient texts!

Graviton may notice, but he will not acknowledge or grant you any favors.  Graviton moves in  mysterious ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Graviton may notice, but he will not acknowledge or grant you any favors.  Graviton moves in  mysterious ways.

I do not seek His favor nor recognition. 'Tis enough that I be the instrument of His great works on earth. 

• Haha 2

@oslove, it’s not about atheists always wanting evidence, it’s that there is no evidence.

If our existence is all you need to convince you, good for you. But the idea of god/s never made sense to me. (Also, I went to a catholic primary school for 7 years)
There’s simply no need for god/s. 

Sure, we don’t know a lot about the universe we live in, and there are some things we will never be able to know.
But there’s nothing we know which requires god/s existence as part of the explanation. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, oslove said:

I am certain God exists in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Addressing atheists, what is your concept of God?

Please abstain from nonsense posting in this thread, by nonsense I mean I can discern that you are not after expounding on the existence or non-existence of God, but into anything at all to seek in effect to distract readers from the issue God exists or not.

And I request that you atheists do honest intelligent productive thinking and writing in this thread, by contributing nonsense posts here you are not into honest intelligent productive thinking and writing.

So, dear atheists, first I ask you, what is your concept of God?

And very important, first present your concept of God, before you start talking against God or my concept of God or my argument for God's existence, why? Because if you don't first present your concept of God, readers will not know where you are coming from and where you are going to, in this my thread, and that is posting nonsense, here in my thread.

It usually seems easiest to start with something approximating the monotheist view of God, as a being who is Omnipotent, Omniscient and perhaps Omnibenevolent. I'd also add that for God to have these characteristics, He can't be present in the universe.

ETA: Having said that, I'd say that by my definition it would be impossible to prove the existence of God because we're in the universe and God is outside it.

Edited by Peter B

12 hours ago, oslove said:

Dear atheists, you claim that you don't need to have a concept of God because you deny God exists, but then you must have as literate and educated human beings, some stock knowledge and information on concepts of God among the three monotheistic faiths of Christianity, Islam, Judaism: otherwise you are into nonsense posting in this thread, why? Because if you absolutely don't have any ideas about God at all, you should not have posted in this my thread, so it is obvious that you are into nonsense posting here.

Tell me, you deny God exists or not: if you deny God exists but you don't have any knowledge/information, on the ideas of what is God, then you definitely are into nonsense posting or you are irrational.

Now the the OP informs you on the concept of God from yours truly, namely:

God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, so there, you now know one concept of God, wherefore no sense in you denying that you don't know any God because you deny God exists.

And you must now have some rational grounds to deny God exists, God in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

So, please present your best argument or anything at all to explain why you deny God exists, otherwise you are either into nonsense posting here, or you are irrational.

First, I don't deny God exists, I simply think it's impossible to prove His existence if He's outside of the universe of which we are a component part.

Second, our understanding of the universe at the moment is that no external force is necessary for the creation of the universe.

Therefore, God's existence is neither provable or necessary. And where the existence of a thing is neither provable or necessary, it's rational to assume its non-existence.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oslove said:

Now that you bring in the term, evidence, you owe it to your self credit as a poster here in UM to present what you know to be the meaning of the term, evidence.

That is what atheists are always harping on, that there is no evidence for God, but they are quiet on what is evidence, so dear Sherapy, you can help them by telling them and me also of course, what is evidence?

That which lends support to the conclusion that a position or view is correct.

The more and stronger the evidence which can be presented, the more rational it is to accept the correctness of the position or view.

The absence of evidence isn't proof in itself that the position or view is incorrect, but it's rational to withhold support for a position or view lacking evidence.

There is, for example, no evidence for the existence of six legged furry animals which lay Faberge eggs containing chocolate caravans. This is not proof these creatures and their eggs don't exist, but in the absence of this evidence it's rational to accept they don't exist.

• Like 1

Another atheist with gratuitous and most unbecoming words as to do no credit to himself as a poster in this UM website.

Dear readers here, do you notice at all, that Gold has not presented any honest intelligent productive concept of God, but only 'ad hominems' against God?

Please bear with me, dear rational respectable atheists here, I dare say that there must be some rule here in UM against hurling 'ad hominems' against God.

First, I think God (if He exists) is big enough to look after Himself, and doesn't need you to protect Him.

Second, you earlier asked about evidence. In this case, why don't you check the forum rules. If there's no evidence for the existence of a rule against hurling anti-God ad homs, it's reasonable to say that isn't absolute proof there is no rule on this forum against hurling anti-God ad homs, but it's also rational to accept there isn't such a rule.

Edited by Peter B
  • Thanks 1

Dear Over, here is my proof on evidence that God exists, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

1. You and I exist, do you accept that?

Dear readers, when he accepts that, then he and I can continue to work on the proof from evidence that God exists from me, or not exists from him, and let readers judge whose proof is more in accordance with facts, truths, evidence, and goodness with the species homo sapiens.

Or, dear Over, you want to be first to prove that you cannot prove the non-existence of God and no human being can either, but first get some definition of God, okay? Then be my guest.

Yes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oslove said:

For atheists here who are into nonsense posting, and that's why I don't bother with interacting with you, that should save bandwidth for this UM website, turn over a new leaf, do this honest intelligent productive thinking exercise:

Ask yourselves, Has there always been existence?

Don't start going to your mentors of atheistic shallow rote memory slogans and cliches, instead think hard from a clean slate in your brain, this conditional question:

"Had there been nothingness once upon a 'time', would I be here today in this UM forum?"

Give your IQ asset to that question, and report back to me - instead of wasting the bandwidth of this UM website.

Yes.

I see no reason why an earlier state of 'nothingness' has any relevance to my presence here today.

More personally, before the existence of my parents I didn't exist in any sense (either as a foetus, an unfertilised egg or a sperm) either. And yet, here I am.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another atheist with purely gratuitous allegations, period.

No need to interact with him and similar atheists.

Tell you what, dear gratuitous 'allegators', pick one god or God, and tell readers what information you have on the how that one god or God is devoid of evidence, or logic.

And we will work together to see whether you are targeting the right god or God, or you don't have any ideas about god or God, so you need not participate here in my thread.

You sad pathetic little troll.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dear Over, here is my proof on evidence that God exists, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

1. You and I exist, do you accept that?

That's your evidence that you're a moron.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked