Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pets Gallery

Sageghost

7 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

That is so sad.

We are dealing with a sick Miniature Schnauzer. It's all she can do to stand long enough to go potty, she is getting worse.

The vet ran all kinds of tests but couldn't say exactly what was wrong. That was 6 months ago now. Antibiotics helped at first, but not now.

My wife feeds her by hand every day. She lost her appetite. She spends her time sleeping in a chair next to my wife. We have looked at carts, but her problem is going to the potty.

Here is Breezy in happier times.

24538198218_534f26acaf_b.jpg

In my experience, a sick dog will find away to go to the toilet, especially in the chair, the chair gave Buster 9 months of freedom and 9 months of extra life.. he struggled with the toilet issue at first but managed to work it out.. Poor Breezy, I love Miniature Schnauzer.s... if you ever want to buy a small breed quiet dog.. a Miniature Schnauzer.is not the right choice lol... I love Breezy's colouring? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Do these count as pets we've just put then in a resevoir on the farm they got to big for my pond there's also a white sturlet about 3ft long but he jumped the net before I could get a pic

3172018185922.jpg

3172018185853.jpg

• Like 7

We had many pets over the years from cats to many dogs... When the last one passed we decided not to get any more, it was just to hard to say goodbye... They really do become a part of your family...

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, JVG said:

We had many pets over the years from cats to many dogs... When the last one passed we decided not to get any more, it was just to hard to say goodbye... They really do become a part of your family...

I understand that logic but two sisters once said to me "You are selfish by not getting another dog, and depriving one from a lovely life"...We have lost numerous pets, I grieved for them all, even the small furry's but you have to consider all the beautiful times and memories they give us and not them leaving us. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Puppy.exe stopped working lol

IMG_20180416_191656.jpg

Awwww bless x 

• Like 6

I have several cats, male and female. One male cat disappears from time to time, is gone for a week or two, then comes back home a little skinny and dirty. Stays for a week or so, then disappears again into the world. The other two males just stay home.

One other male cat left and has not come back. Several years ago a tom I had left one July and did not return. Then, one whole year later, July again, showed up at my door, walked in, looked at me as if to say "what's the big deal?" and went to the food dish as usual. Never left again. What's up with these stupid cats? :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Cats can be so independent. Sounds like you had the feline version of the Prodigal Son. Went to sow his wild oats and now he's content at home. I think male housecats can be as territorial as their big cousins. Not that it helps the frustrations of their human companions. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, StarMountainKid said:

What's up with these stupid cats?

Usually it's because they haven't been spayed or neutered. It breaks my heart how many feral cats have to be euthanized because so often owners let their pets roam to breed at random. I was fortunate enough to find a litter before they became feral and found homes for them. That is so often not the case. :(

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Usually it's because they haven't been spayed or neutered. It breaks my heart how many feral cats have to be euthanized because so often owners let their pets roam to breed at random. I was fortunate enough to find a litter before they became feral and found homes for them. That is so often not the case. :(

That's so true Michelle. My cat, who is strictly indoor, was also part of a feral litter. He's neutered and is happy to rule me and his house. 

• Like 4

There was a feral dog that used to visit the neighborhood last summer. It was a big dog, we called it Red. It looked healthy and never bothered anyone. If it saw any neighbor outside it would bark at them from a distance then run away. It sort of became another neighbor no one complained about. We grew to have some affection for it.

There were a couple of little dogs belonging to a neighbor that ran around loose sometimes. O'l Red used to pal around with them and play with them. When they weren't around I could tell Red was lonely for them, used to walk around hoping they'd be let out.

I felt sorry for the dog, though it wasn't skinny or anything. There's a river and woods not far away that I suppose it actually lived in most of the time. Then after the summer was over the dog never showed up again. Dog catcher might have eventually got it as I suppose it also roamed around in other neighborhoods.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

That's so true Michelle. My cat, who is strictly indoor, was also part of a feral litter. He's neutered and is happy to rule me and his house. 

Anyone who truly loves animals, will have them fixed, unless it is for selective breeding. Otherwise, I don't think they should have a pet...period. Some breeders shouldn't have them either.

• Like 4

On 4/15/2018 at 5:49 AM, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Another one of Buster xx 

rsz_019_2.jpg

Let's get back to these beautiful babies...OMG! :wub:

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

The first live video I've made, maybe not too interesting. Rescued a kitten from under a neighbor's house.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

The first live video I've made, maybe not too interesting. Rescued a kitten from under a neighbor's house.

What a cute baby!!   :wub:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

Not interesting, are you crazy?! :lol:

I'm crazy about cats, as you can see on my avatar picture, so that might be the reason why I love this video so much.

Thank you soooooo much for sharing, it gave me a big smile on my face ;)

Edit: The only criticism I want to give you here is the fact that you told the older cat to get out of the way.... the older cat just wanted to give the little kitten some love :blush:

Edited by LightAngel
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Edit: The only criticism I want to give you here is the fact that you told the older cat to get out of the way.... the older cat just wanted to give the little kitten some love :blush:

That was my cat, he just wanted to be in the scene, show-off that he is. He was so interested in me holding the camera before I edited it out, the whole video would have been a close up of his nose. :)  So I had to push him away a little. 

I promised him he'd be in my next video, so he wasn't too mad at me. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

That was my cat, he just wanted to be in the scene, show-off that he is. He was so interested in me holding the camera before I edited it out, the whole video would have been a close up of his nose. :)  So I had to push him away a little. 

I promised him he'd be in my next video, so he wasn't too mad at me. 

:tu:

• Like 1

Sorry to say the little kitten didn't make it. It had its mama, but it slowly became weaker and finally succumbed.  I knew the symptoms, and there was really nothing to do for it to regain it to health.

I took a kitten with similar symptoms to a vet once, and he said when they stop eating there's nothing to do for it. It seems when a kitten starts becoming weak, it's already too late. The vet didn't know what the problem was, he offered a few suggestions, but it seems not all kittens in a litter survive for whatever reasons.

image.png.3293541ee258dc66718c4fa4b401ff6c.png

• Sad 7

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

This is one happy little girl.

Way true!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...