Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pets Gallery

Sageghost

So her being close is a ruse to make me think she has forgiven me...uh oh I must watch my back

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Overdueleaf said:

So her being close is a ruse to make me think she has forgiven me...uh oh I must watch my back

I don't see forgiveness in those eyes. Do you?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I don't see forgiveness in those eyes. Do you?

She suffers from resting b**** face. She truly does love me...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 6/30/2018 at 10:01 PM, tcgram said:

misty.jpg.0958ff1e28b9918627a45988e97e7011.jpg

I too had a female orange tabby. We named her Nomeow Itsacat

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Overdueleaf said:

Here is Biddy lounging on my laptop.

IMG_20180704_192342.thumb.jpg.d794902b03d95747290390035ed53220.jpg

She's beautiful.   

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ravenesse said:

My European bred AKC Doberman Pinscher.  Vicious to strangers, but a love bug and lap dog to my family.  ❤️

That's a nasty-looking collar he's got on .............

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

That's a nasty-looking collar he's got on .............

Does he look in distress or in pain? Nope. He's happy as a clam in Dewey Beach mud where nobody's digging for him.  

There's a difference between control and punishment.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ravenesse said:

Does he look in distress or in pain? Nope. He's happy as a clam in Dewey Beach mud where nobody's digging for him.  

'Does he look in distress or in pain?' I would say he looks in fear of pain and therefore there's an element of distress showing.

'There's a difference between control and punishment', from his perspective I think not.  

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ravenesse said:

If its a "prong collar" he won't look in any distress or pain unless you are correcting him. its designed to inflict pain, any time a dog pulls or misbehaves... Control through punishment is never a good direction to go. 

While carrying out any dog training with any breed, never use any physical violence to try to get a positive result, many dog trainers try to get control through fear, “education ends where violence begins" never use harsh tools or equipment, this is the direction quick fix trainers use.. Beautiful dog though.. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pfft. He doesn't fear anything.  When the prong collar goes on, he knows he's in my control and he's going out in public.  Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Pet Smart. And he knows he must be on his best behavior.  When wearing the e-collar, he's working and training at home.  Lounging around the house - he only wears a regular leather collar.  

X

7 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

'There's a difference between control and punishment', from his perspective I think not.  

And there is where you're wrong. Dogs this powerful, when well trained, actually like knowing what's expected of them. 

Punishment is beating them into submission, until you get the desired behavior.  Training is what you do to get them to WANT to do the desired behavior.  

7 minutes ago, Ravenesse said:

Pfft. He doesn't fear anything.  When the prong collar goes on, he knows he's in my control and he's going out in public.  Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Pet Smart. And he knows he must be on his best behavior.  When wearing the e-collar, he's working and training at home.  Lounging around the house - he only wears a regular leather collar.  

X

And there is where you're wrong. Dogs this powerful, when well trained, actually like knowing what's expected of them. 

Punishment is beating them into submission, until you get the desired behavior.  Training is what you do to get them to WANT to do the desired behavior.  

I can sense your bad energy in your posts, you have no idea about dog behaviour or their psychology, using quick fix tools to get a solution, rather than working with the dog, understanding the breed and its instinctive behaviour, I see dog owners like you all the time and know how the story ends. 

I get the desired behaviour without a single training session, I don't believe in dog training, having said that I do it for clients that really want it... The only thing needed to get the desired behavior is patience, understanding and calm energy.. I bet you have non of these... I have over 70 dogs, many reactive and aggressive when they come to me and they all end up balanced and calm.. no e collars, no harsh training tools, just a slip lead and my energy.. 

Nice to know you can use a regular collar in the house, where a dog doesn't need one at all... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

If its a "prong collar" he won't look in any distress or pain unless you are correcting him. its designed to inflict pain, any time a dog pulls or misbehaves... Control through punishment is never a good direction to go. 

While carrying out any dog training with any breed, never use any physical violence to try to get a positive result, many dog trainers try to get control through fear, “education ends where violence begins" never use harsh tools or equipment, this is the direction quick fix trainers use.. Beautiful dog though.. 

Close, but no cigar.  Stating prong collars are only used to inflict physical violence and pain on the dogs is not accurate. It's actually the opposite. Our Dobermans follow our voice and hand commands.  But we put prong collars on them in public for an extra measure of control.  

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I can sense your bad energy in your posts, you have no idea about dog behaviour or their psychology, using quick fix tools to get a solution, rather than working with the dog, understanding the breed and its instinctive behaviour, I see dog owners like you all the time and know how the story ends. 

I get the desired behaviour without a single training session, I don't believe in dog training, having said that I do it for clients that really want it... The only thing needed to get the desired behavior is patience, understanding and calm energy.. I bet you have non of these... I have over 70 dogs, many reactive and aggressive when they come to me and they all end up balanced and calm.. no e collars, no harsh training tools, just a slip lead and my energy.. 

Nice to know you can use a regular collar in the house, where a dog doesn't need one at all... 

Are you for real? I have 2 Dobermans that I work with daily so that they are sociable.  I have bad energy and no idea about my dog's psychology or their breed?  And I use quick fix tools rather than working with them???

You have more than 70 dogs -most reactive and aggressive. And you don't believe in dog training?  And that patience, Understanding, and calm energy will turn them into family pets?

Let me know where you are. I'd love to bring my Dobermans to you for to calm them with your energy. 

What state are you in?  I'll come to you. 

10 minutes ago, Ravenesse said:

Are you for real? I have 2 Dobermans that I work with daily so that they are sociable.  I have bad energy and no idea about my dog's psychology or their breed?  And I use quick fix tools rather than working with them???

You have more than 70 dogs -most reactive and aggressive. And you don't believe in dog training?  And that patience, Understanding, and calm energy will turn them into family pets?

Let me know where you are. I'd love to bring my Dobermans to you for to calm them with your energy. 

What state are you in?  I'll come to you. 

Sociable dogs don't need quick fix tools, your dogs are not sociable or you would use a regular collar or slip leash.. I have 70 dogs on my books, many with issues that needed behaviour modification to allow them to become family pets..I am UK based but take your dogs to Brandon Fouche, he is US based and helps dog owners like you.. and yes I am for real and the fact you said "Let me know where you are. I'd love to bring my Dobermans to you for to calm them with your energy"... tells me your dogs are not sociable. I am not going to derail this thread and continue this discussion, My time is better spent loading the dishwasher. I know all I need to know about you and your experience with dogs already.Have a lovely day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ugh...the pet gallery should be a place where I can go to look at cute animals...not a place where people are trashed for their training practices.

When you have a big dog that might not be safe around strangers, you have to make sure they don't go after anyone. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Sociable dogs don't need quick fix tools, your dogs are not sociable or you would use a regular collar or slip leash.. I have 70 dogs on my books, many with issues that needed behaviour modification to allow them to become family pets..I am UK based but take your dogs to Brandon Fouche, he is US based and helps dog owners like you.. and yes I am for real and the fact you said "Let me know where you are. I'd love to bring my Dobermans to you for to calm them with your energy"... tells me your dogs are not sociable. I am not going to derail this thread and continue this discussion, My time is better spent loading the dishwasher. I know all I need to know about you and your experience with dogs already.Have a lovely day. 

In case you didn't catch my sarcasm, when you're done calming your 70 aggressive dogs and loading your dishwasher, You can come load mine while I take my Dobermans to Dairy Queen for ice cream.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Ugh...the pet gallery should be a place where I can go to look at cute animals...not a place where people are trashed for their training practices.

When you have a big dog that might not be safe around strangers, you have to make sure they don't go after anyone. 

My apologies ChaosRose and to the Moderating staff. My passion and love sometimes gets the better of me.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Beware the roaming pack of feral chihuahua's. No one's ankles are safe.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Beware the roaming pack of feral chihuahua's. No one's ankles are safe.:lol:

Those things can be vicious. Lol.

I remember a family member had one that went after my ankles. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

Those things can be vicious. Lol.

I remember a family member had one that went after my ankles. 

I had 5 chi-chi's one of them died of old age, the other a seizure. They yap a lot, but never got vicious with any one. The second oldest one is a lap dog through n' through. I have a Prince Charles Cavalier and he's an idiot dog. Dumbest dog I ever had. 

• Haha 1